Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Convalescent Aches and Pains Breakroom, Oct 5 to Oct 11 ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** The Convalescent Aches and Pains Breakroom, Oct 5 to Oct 11 ***

Happy Sunday all y'all,
Welcome to the new breakroom. We have coffee, pH00, cinnamon buns, coddled eggs and fresh bacon rasher in the 'keep warm' oven for everyone to enjoy before church (many of you) or Sunday morning yoga (DW and I). Have a most happy and safe start to the next week of your life.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning. Yeah, I know that it is early, but get up, even tho it's Sunday and no lollygagging around in bed. There are things to do, chores to be done, fun to had. Breakfast and coffee first tho. Ph00 for some.
Thanks Sean for getting this new breakroom started. I have no aches or pains, but popped my head in anyway.

Survived the wedding I had to go to yesterday. The oldest son of my wife's SIL got married. He has lived in Australia for 3 years now and his business there is selling high quality tequila. He and his fiancee came back here to get married, but will be returning to Australia.

Weddings here in Mexico are a bit different to those north of the border. This was a Catholic wedding, so followed the usual Catholic format and was held at one of the Catholic churches close to where I live. It is the reception afterwards that gets interesting. It is quite common to rent a large hall that is set up for this kind of thing. Some halls are just large buildings that have been converted and others, such as the one I was in, was built especially for large gatherings such as parties, receptions etc? Some are in town, but many are located on the fringes of the city or even in the country. This one was in the country. Beautiful, very well kept grounds with lots of palm and fruit trees. At a guess with all the various buildings that are part of this establishment, the area covers about 2 acres. Everything was connected with nice walkways that even women with 4” heels could easily walk on. One woman there had what appeared to be 5” heels. No idea how she could even walk.

The place we went to after the wedding was: http://www.haciendaelgachupin.com/ For those of you that cannot read Spanish, just take a look at the gallery (galería). For this occasion that large hall was filled with tables and chairs and the center had one of those fancy electronic dance floors with constantly changing lights. It is an excellent setup for occasions such as wedding receptions. This place even has a chapel if you want to get married there. The food and drinks just kept coming. At a guess there were somewhere between 20 and 30 nicely dressed waiters, all wearing spotless white gloves, keeping the guests happy. Definitely a classy affair. The food was catered by http://www.lecuisine.mx/. Take a look at their gallery and the client list. As is quite common here, at one end of the room there were 3 tables set end to end, loaded with junk food, such as chocolates, chips and sundry other snack food. Don't know why anybody would need any of this after the food we ate, especially when the waiters offered seconds for all courses, even the desserts.

The main course was Chiles Bipolar. Sounds like as excellent meal for many of the DTR members. Just sayin'. The Mexican's love names like this. It was stuffed large red and green peppers. One was stuffed with a delicious spicy hamburger type of meat and the other was stuffed with refried beans. They were separated on the plate with a large blue corn, stiffly baked tortilla, set vertically. A popular Mexican breakfast dish with a similar strange name is called Divorced Eggs. These are two fried eggs, one with green salsa and the other with red salsa, separated with the mandatory refried beans.

Enough of my ramblings. Too full from yesterday to eat, but will grab a coffee and get my day started.
Bye.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Nuther week getting started. Will start it in church. Mercy Stan, hope all that hot stuff didn't keep you up all night - - sounds like you survived OK.

Grabbing my ph00 and gone................

Have a great week.

Bob
Old 10-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Folks...Nice break-room Sean...I like the walkers and crutches hanging on the wall as reminders Sorry I missed your BD last week so Happy Belated to you

Got the boat home from the lake yesterday so have to winterize it and remove the mooring cover and replace with the winter cover today then hopefully I can watch my Niners a bit later on.

Have a SAFE week!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Eldest Twin says he was moving his boat. However, Stan mentions a woman in 5" heels at the wedding.
Let's see now...LEGGS, HEELS and well I think we know where he was.
I was the one wearing a sombrero with (censored) LEGGS.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Scotty
Eldest Twin says he was moving his boat. However, Stan mentions a woman in 5" heels at the wedding.
Let's see now...LEGGS, HEELS and well I think we know where he was.
I was the one wearing a sombrero with (censored) LEGGS.

Was that you? The one that the 5 bouncers threw out?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Was that you? The one that the 5 bouncers threw out?
I took them with me.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
We are at 3,500'

Edmonton is 180 miles north of us but the get a longer period between last frost and first frost. The altitude gets us. People who travel here from low altitudes like Toronto and Houston really notice the dry and thin air.
We call it a dry cold. Some times we will get very high pressure and very cold temperature. If you know what density altitude is, one day it was 7,000' below sea level. I lived in Northern Arizona for a few years. The altitude there range from 5,500' to 7,000'. The winter snow storms in Flagstaff caught a lot of low landers off guard.

I contributed one of my spare knee braces to the break room decor. Now it looks like home.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:35 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi bye poison ivy shut me down again, to doc's tomorrow.

stan, same here- awesome second son's wedding! everyone looked radiant and handsome. my son was out on the dance floor most of the night, wow!
when I can see again, I will look at camera pics. great night from a super historical day trip on the erie canal (got to be onboard one of the oldest tugs with a 851 cummins) ; tour of underground caves in Lockport ny (filmed sharknado 2 there and others) met lotsa good folks! my kinda day.

scotty fire bro- history of guy with second most amount of patents invented fire hydrants. 10 story wooden factory burned down from oil lamps. awesome story. no one knows due to no family left to toot the guy's smarts.

soooo Dtr, toot your smarts! or smoot yer tarts. hanyday
Old 10-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was gonna cut some firewood today.
Ordered a couple more tools offa evilpay.
Going to make a list of nuts and bolts that we don't have any of in the one shop and make a trip to Orshlen's today.
Pool tonight. Maybe I'll win this time. On a good team this time, as long as we have fun, winning or losing doesn't matter.
Ran into one of the girls who was on the 8-ball team I was on last year. SHe didn't have much fun at it because of our team captain being so focused on winning and a free trip to Vegas and the cash that you can win there. From the amateur pool league. yeah.

Anyhow, I'm seeing a pattern I don't like. She's #3 in a row I couldn't catch up with to ask out on a date, and the next time I saw her, was engaged or married. She was with friend on their way to a larger city for her batchelorette party.

I guess, it seems as though at least I've moved on from trying to pick up lesbians and psychowenches. That's progress, right?
Old 10-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Gona hang these wrist and ankle braces up with the rest of this stuff.

Fresh coffee made and now to watch the race
Old 10-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternooner.
Stan, great to see you had a nice time at the wedding. Have I mentioned that I need to come visit sometime?

Lary, wish I was there to help you with the boat. We had our first 'cold snap' today, it got into the 40s last night.

I guess, it seems as though at least I've moved on from trying to pick up lesbians and psychowenches. That's progress, right?
That is GREAT progress!

Long lost hat here... between traveling up and down the east coast, driving cross country, college, my youngest brother's wedding and my new students arriving, I've been busy! I think this is the first weekend I've been home in a month and a half. I'm trying to knock a dent in that sleep deficit, hopefully I'll be good in a couple more weeks!

Y'all have a good one

Scotty, if the three of us (Lary, you and I) ever went to a party together, they'd probably have it on CNN. That, and there wouldn't be any labels on any of the canned food...

Ma, hope you feel better. That poison ivy is no joke. One of my friends down the road got in some, I wouldn't even let him near me...
Old 10-05-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Poison ivy, crutches, braces...I knew I was part of the family! Lets not add to it any more this week, OK?

Took the Bride to get an ice cream cone today. She wanted to ride in the Magnum. Ice cream was good, but I'm sure weary of "that one little thing" that pops up every trip. Today, #1 cylinder decided to misfire. Plug looks like carbon, not oil. Oh well, it sat for 20 plus years, guess it deserves to complain about waking up again.

Have a great week!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:28 PM

JWBM, your latest ailment does not sound like much fun. Hope that you are very soon back to normal.

Mad, come on down. I am only a 10 hour drive from the Brownsville border. Think that is probably the closest for you. There is another one, but will tell you about that if you ever become serious.

Anybody got any advice for me on an old, but still very good, desktop computer that is running the now defunct Windows XP? I tried to do the online upgrade to Windows 8.1, but that is not allowed in my area. What other OS can I run that does not require and arm and 2 legs to purchase? I see that there are quite a few options on the internet. All I use that computer for is email, some online research and printing. It must be compatible with all my currently installed apps. BTW, I am not that computer savvy, so make it easy for me please.

Cops just caught 3 thieves trying a break in about 15 houses down the street from me. Good! Hate thieves!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Mark, thanks for reminding me of that timeless prank. I'm going to a roast for a friend next wknd...their pantry will never be the same. Hope I don't find the Krazy Glue.
One good thing as you get older, you are rarely a suspect.

Quick Reply: *** The Convalescent Aches and Pains Breakroom, Oct 5 to Oct 11 ***