Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Aqua Chiller - Dec. 18 thru Dec. 24 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTRonians

A wonderful 29 degrees here today, might grab a six pack and lounge out by the pool for a bit. Haven't been down to the ol' cess pool in awhile and I hear it is choking up with pine needles.

Going to finish some last minute shopping today, need to go get a muzzle for the Mom in Law tonight hehehe Just kidding guys, I have the sweetest Mom in law a guy could ask for, she is terrific! I am not certain what I am going to get her this year.

I have a toilet brush on the list for Chaikwa and maybe some new bubble gum for that machine in the bathroom. I put three quarters in that bubble gum machine hanging on the bathroom wall and tried a piece taste just like rubber! who ever heard of Trojan bubble gum anyway

Got to get back to my desk and finish off those weird cookies Dennis left me, never seen pine needle sugar cookies before but the Doc did say I needed more fiber in my diet

Everybody have a safe Holiday Season and don't forget those who are less fortunate than us!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
. I put three quarters in that bubble gum machine hanging on the bathroom wall and tried a piece taste just like rubber! who ever heard of Trojan bubble gum anyway

(ya' didn't try the ribbed flavor did ya?)
~Rob
Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
GOOD MORNING DTR'rs...

Chaikwa, dont go finding a new brush just yet,who knows we may find whats left of yours yet.... rumor is that it is somewhere in Fla. Gonna ask Fiver to look around when he gets back from vacation( or comes out of hiding, which ever it is..)
sippingjoeandnibbleingcookiesforbreakfast......... .CD
HMMMM, BRUSH????? A BRUSH????? Could that be what I ran over coming home yesterday. It definitely had bristles. I thought it was a porcupine.

Another cloudy day in Paradise - - hmmm, something wrong, definitely wrong. And it is cold - - it is 67 degrees and going to struggle to reach 70. Something wrong. Can I blame Scotty on this mess - - or maybe Casey? I actually may not be able to comfortably use the pool today - - bummer. Oh well, need to shop, anywho. Sunday is creeping up on me quick. Sure glad Scotty got some new "spheres". The old ones were looking pretty bad. That Speedo was getting real baggy.

Take care and have a gudurn,
Bob
Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 AM

Hey Mexstan...

I hope you can keep blowning this warm air up here! I'm loving the thawing trend.

Or is it you JR???

I'm liking it no matter what!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Hey Ya'll,

I could get used to this half day holiday routine stuff !!! I actually saw the sun today ... thought someone stole it.

Haven't heard Shortround pipe up lately ... Flash, he didn't get your son and him thrown in the Honolulu pokey did he ??

Overheard something humorous this morning at breakfast,

The tv was showing the clip for the airplane that crashed off the coast of Miami and while they showed the plane falling from the sky with the burning wing following behind it, the anouncer said " It is still not known what caused the plane to crash "........ just then an Army Captain sitting at the table behind me shouted ..." HIS WING FELL OFF !!"

YA THINK ????

PISTOL
Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by hotdram
Mornin' all,
Why are you guys talking about how the coffee tastes? I haven't noticed any difference, it still tastes great.

~Rob
Suck up..... tha janitor can't promote ya.

My Friday. Got lot's of vehicle maintenance to do. Truck is on the hoist now for the front output, t-case bearing. It was pretty sloppy, I'm just hopeing there isn't much collateral damage. Then I have to do a lot of catch-up on the Camry when I get the truck back.

Wonderinifspermicideremovesplaquedon
Old 12-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
The tv was showing the clip for the airplane that crashed off the coast of Miami and while they showed the plane falling from the sky with the burning wing following behind it, the anouncer said " It is still not known what caused the plane to crash "........ just then an Army Captain sitting at the table behind me shouted ..." HIS WING FELL OFF !!"
Pretty quick for an Army Captain (is he prior enlisted?)

Speaking of enlisted, I too was wondering about shortround, starting to think he is taking the short plane back from Hawaii.

~Rob
Old 12-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt

YA THINK ????

PISTOL
I've always liked the explanation sometimes given by the FAA "Talking Head" after a crash.

"The crash was a result of the aircraft's failure to maintain altitude"

Well.......DUH!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Body sunburned and face cut up from looking at grass skirts.
Glad to be back home from the mad house.
Going through and sorting out ~700 e-mails
Good trip, expensive tho.
The Pearl City Tavern is no longer. It's now a parking lot.
Couldn't believe how much the place has changed. Driving is like I-95 at rush hour with a couple of wrecks thrown in.
Got to get back after it.
Back later.

hadtocomebacktoworktorestShortround out
Old 12-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't believe how much the place has changed. Driving is like I-95 at rush hour with a couple of wrecks thrown in.
Welcome Back SR.

Didya ever wonder why an Island in the middle of the ocean has an "Interstate" highway?

Old 12-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Heck ... they have three of the stupid things.

Glad you're back SR ... What happened to the PC tavern ??

PISTOL
Old 12-20-2005, 03:18 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually there are FOUR of them. H-1, H-2, H201, and H-3.
My understanding is that the original owner(s) died and the new owner(s) wanted to make it more suitable for family. Either that or the monkeys got better looking than the women. (reminds me of a poem about a "girl with no hair") Not real sure what the actual deal was.
The Schooner, Crows Nest, Davy Jones Locker, and The Blue Kangaroo are all gone. Jay Cook, the guy that could play anything with strings, passed away last year.
Ft. DeRussey has totally changed. Two high rise hotels (really nice) several eating places. Very classy. The quonset huts are gone and the Barfoot Bar is moved from the old Randolph Battery location over toward the Hilton.
The hookers, mahoos, strip joints, and massage parlors have been pretty much cleaned up on Hotel Street. Lots more Chinese influence in that area now.
The Royal Hawaiian Hotel and Tripler Hospital are still pink. The RHH is really hid amongst the other high rises.
The Navy Base has a new exchange that lookes like 2Wally World super centers stacked on top of each other.
The SuBase looks pretty much the same.
The Chiefs Club is a joke. Can't get any work done or counsel any of the troops in there now. No acey-deucey, strippers, or happy hour. All political correctness. Even the new Chiefs looks younger than most 2nd classes were when I was there. Even ran into one of "Hymies Wonders" that made Chief in 6 years, had 8 in and was going up for Senior Chief. The COB on one of the boats was a Master Chief with 14 years. I feel old.
Had dinner with Travis, Flashes boy. Good kid, nice truck, and one of the sweetest little pretty gals I've met in a long time, hanging off his arm. Me thinks Flash is gonna have a daughter in law to be proud of.
Went to the SuBase to take the guys on a tour of one of the boats. The COB gave me rough time about the Dolphins on my BDU's but they treated us great.
Interesting ship working out of the Pearl City side. It's the HSV-X1. Cruises at 50 kts. Twin hull, water jet propulsion. Lots of "interesting" possibilities.
Visited the Punchbowl and said a final farewell to a couple of friends. Very touching place.
Out at the Arizona on Dec 7th. Got some pics when the old girl cried a lot of "black tears". Even harder to maintain composure than at the Punchbowl.
It was a great trip, professionally and personnally. After being away from the Islands for 33 years, it was good to get back.
Got to git. Wife looking at me with a look in her eyes. You know how women are when your gone for a while.
Hollar in the morning.

Shortround out
Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by shortround
Got to git. Wife looking at me with a look in her eyes. You know how women are when your gone for a while.
Hollar in the morning.
Shortround out
Yeah, we know that look .... see ya in about 5 minutes

Sounds like you had a great trip. Hope you post some pictures to share.

Guess I better go shave the whiskers, choke down some OJ and get to "It". SR ... now's the time to make that trip over here. Nice and chilly and they have LOTS of gluweine (hot, spiced holiday wine) flowing at the holiday fests.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 12-21-2005, 05:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning all from Paradise. I'm outa here by this time tomorrow morning and heading north - waaaaaay north to frozen Canada. What's wrong with this picture? Leaving Paradise to go and freeze my butt and everything else off????
Driving my truck to San Antonio, Texas, (a 12 hour drive) leaving it with the dealer for some work and then flying to Buffalo, renting a car and driving to Toronto and north to cottage country. Will be be seeing my two sons and granddaughter.
This will be the first time my wife has been in deep snow or cold like that. It is going to be interesting. My son has a snow suit waiting for her for when we go snowmobiling. She has never even seen a snowmobile so it is going to be an education for her. We have skiing lessons arranged for her as well. She has always wanted to visit Niagara Falls so we will spend a couple of nights there as well.
So from tonight I will be out of your hair until around Jan 10. Already looking forward to coming back to the warmer weather.
Y'all have a great Christmas and keep safe (& warm) until I get back to bother you some more.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:11 AM
JKE

Burrrrrr 23 here this morning.

Uncle and cousin goin bow huntin this morning. Glad I have to work .

Ya'll have a great day. - JKE

Quick Reply: *** The Aqua Chiller - Dec. 18 thru Dec. 24 ***