Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Aqua Chiller - Dec. 18 thru Dec. 24 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I should have blocked Craigslist quicker........

Heading out after work to look at this addition for the garage.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another day(night) at work. Last night found an open bay so took advantage of it and washed and waxed the beast. Wouldn't you know that this afternoon I had to pull a stuck tractor and load of hay out of the mudhole. Don't think there is one shiney spot left on the truck.

Had to pull my sons' F150 to the shop this week. Did you know that if you disconnect the battery and, if the door locks are no good, you can not shut the dang factory alarm off????? Cost me $170.00 bucks to find that out.

Watch out for the mad shoppers, I know I'm not the only one that still needs to start shopping for Christmas.

Ed
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 AM

ARRRRRRG! Monday.
At least the temps are above freezing here.

Lots to do, no energy and even less ambition.
I'm not even sure that chugging a cup of that Pine-flavored coffee is gonna get me in gear.
Maybe a quick Power-Nap will help.

Still have shopping left to do.

Y'all B safe,
Old 12-19-2005, 06:11 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOod morning.

Looks like two scoops of WST for the are in order .

Power back on. Didn't lose any food. Uncle cooked deer stew on the wood stove yesterday. Come and get it.

Didn't see any deer this weekend. GOt until Jan 2 to get one. One thing about SC, we have a long rifle season.

Ya'll have a good one. - JKE
Old 12-19-2005, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by JKE
One thing about SC, we have a long rifle season.
I didn't know South Carolina had Long Rifles.
I've heard of Kentucky Long Rifles and Pennsylvania Long Rifles, but not a South Carolina one

~Rob
Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Mid-Mornig DTR!
Coffee smelled like a used bathroom air freshener, so I made a new pot...

Well we got 8 inches of teh white stuff Saturday, snowed until late into teh night. So yesterday morning I fired up teh tractor and bladed the driveway,and got to thinking, well I aint used to having neighbors, and it is almost Christmas, so I bladed all their driveways too..... GREAT IDEA... it seems all the neighbor wifes can COOK!!!!

Sittin here sippin joe and having fudge brownies one brought over... the one to the north brought over a couple dozen Xmas cookies, and the one to the east brought me a homemade cherry pie...... I could get used to this!!!

Havent started my Xmas shopping yet...its no fun until the 24th..
The BOSS ordered new carpet for the bedroom. They were suppossed to be here an hour ago to install it and they aint showed yet... hoep I dont burn the whole day sitting here eating goodies....that would be a shame

watchingtheponiesplayinthesnowandeatinganotherbrow nie..........CD
Old 12-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My Coffee always smells...different
hmmm.

I actually got a new set of *****.
Atlas Stones to be precise for all you gutter minded folk. Like you see on Strongman.
I now have a complete set from 225 clear up to 425 pounds.
Had a few gaps in the weights from 280-380. We have some identical pairs as well.

The compound is getting full.

Canada Post returned one of my snow spheres but the speedo was gone.
I will relaunch at [censored] towards [censored] coordinates.

Time to go shovel AGAIN and the weather forecast for Christmas is plus 5C or about 44F...very nice.

Scottyloadedandgoodtogo
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Anybody notice how fresh and clean the coffee's been lately? Doesn't hide the taste of the donuts anymore. Got christmas out of the way this weekend. Working O.T. christmas day. My uncle brought some good, elk, salami to the folks' christmas party. Had my jerky there too. I mostly go for the pie though. Finally broke down and got a digital camera this weekend. Now I can impose my self on you guys a little more thoroughly.

Chaikwa, waiting to hear from my brothers about helping me hang some pine cieling later this week. Then I can decide on a day to shoot down so you can see kaley. Might be last minute.....

Have a good one guys.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Havent started my Xmas shopping yet...its no fun until the 24th..
It's easier too. Not as much left to pick from, thus eliminating the decisions you hafta make!

Originally Posted by Redleg
Anybody notice how fresh and clean the coffee's been lately?
And what is THAT s'posed to mean? I've always kept that pot spit-polished clean! Literally!

Originally Posted by Redleg
Chaikwa, waiting to hear from my brothers about helping me hang some pine cieling later this week. Then I can decide on a day to shoot down so you can see kaley. Might be last minute.....
No problem. I should be around all week as far as I know. I've been spending a lotta time in the woodlot looking for a new tree to use as a brush! I'm thinkin' maple for that 'breath of spring' taste!

chaikwa.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOD MORNING DTR'rs...

long night, nuttin moving round these parts but a few bunny-wabbits and one rather confused squirrel...

Chaikwa, dont go finding a new brush just yet,who knows we may find whats left of yours yet.... rumor is that it is somewhere in Fla. Gonna ask Fiver to look around when he gets back from vacation( or comes out of hiding, which ever it is..)

Still munching on the goodies I got yesterday from teh neighbors....The BOSS acted a little jealous when she found out...hmmmm maybe she'll go and make me some Christmas cookies now.( says it isnt worth it with the kids moved out, like they're the only ones who liked them..... )

Fresh coffee is done......strong , black, and sanitized for your protection......

sippingjoeandnibbleingcookiesforbreakfast......... .CD
Old 12-20-2005, 05:44 AM

Thank Goodness it's Tuesday.
That means that I survived Monday and it's loooong gone.
Whadda day!

Tues. looking a little better as the Main Pain I get all my "emergency" jobs from is gone until after the holidays.

Coffee's tasting strange.....where's that slightly acidic Pine flavor that we've all come to love?
I've found that two teaspoons of Pine Sol, combined with one of those "Big Mints" from chaikwa's closet gives the coffee that 'edge' that's been mising since the "brush" has disappeared.

Y'all B safe,
Old 12-20-2005, 06:21 AM

Mornin' all,
Got a little rain today. Haven't seen rain in a while, but of course I paid to have my truck washed the other day so I brought it on myself.
Why are you guys talking about how the coffee tastes? I haven't noticed any difference, it still tastes great.

Off to find work, I mean
~Rob
Old 12-20-2005, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
I've found that two teaspoons of Pine Sol, combined with one of those "Big Mints" from chaikwa's closet gives the coffee that 'edge' that's been mising since the "brush" has disappeared.
Um, about those 'mints'... I kinda rotate those in the application they were intended for. They seem to last longer if they're dried out, every-other day or so. (you know how Top likes me to try an' save money)

Originally Posted by hotdram
Why are you guys talking about how the coffee tastes? I haven't noticed any difference, it stills tastes great.
You're a true gentleman! THANK YOU!

chaikwa.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Mornin Folks,,,
Been up since 0613 when the plant called to ask me if I wanted to work. Only then did they bother to look at the schedule and see that I am on vacation days off and am not supposed to be called for overtime!
Oh well, coffee is done(my thermos is not that big and I ain't drinking the stuff in the breakroom),,,,, so I guess I will try to find something constructive to do with the rest of the day. I really should go do some last minute shopping for the wife's Christmas,,,,,,,,,, (I would rather take a beating),,,,,, ,,,,,,,, I wonder if she would be happy with just a card and gift certificate?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:26 AM

ALERT! ALERT! Idaho is thawing out! ALERT! ALERT! Morning Temp 38*F

This is a good thing after being frozen for over 2 weeks now. I've got to get down to Boise ID and finish my Christmas shopping for the family. So this is a good time to go. The roads will be clean and easy to travel!

As for those darn snow and ice scuds that keep flying in... There now melting in mid flight! Just more or less a rain shower now! Might actually wash the mud off the trucks!

Still you guys becareful out there...

Quick Reply: *** The Aqua Chiller - Dec. 18 thru Dec. 24 ***