Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 3/9 to 3/15****

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You have to know how to fan the flames Top...
Old 03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
You have to know how to fan the flames Top...
So you stoke the fire just to put it out?

Carry on!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Has anyone ever picked their nose with a Q-tip or needle-nose pliers?
depending on where Ive been, yeah.
If I spend too much time in a dusty dry environment or a weld shop, I need pliers to get the dried crust broke up and out.
q-tips are good for the slow runny noses that aren't producing enough to blow, but thin enough to run. I've also used a shop rag for that application.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
If I spend too much time in a dusty dry environment or a weld shop, I need pliers to get the dried crust broke up and out.
q-tips are good for the slow runny noses that aren't producing enough to blow, but thin enough to run. I've also used a shop rag for that application.
I cannot express my extreme gratitude for how much I appreciate the depth of knowledge and wisdom that has been passed along to we who are so inept and inadequate in these quantitatively complex situations of which you are discussing. I have reveled in the amount of knowledge I have gained in life's more complicated issues. I now believe I have a much better understanding now of the proper procedures for picking my nose. I will be in your gratitude from now on.

With that, I will thoroughly cleanse my hands, use sanitizer and shut this computer down before I completely overwhelm my poor little brain capacity. I definitely need more ram to be able to handle these complex problems of life.

Nighty nite you craze nuts................................

ConfusedBob
Old 03-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scott, I had a very nice talk with Mike on his last trip through a week or so ago. Part of our discussion revolved around your career back here. I would be amiss to say that I could imagine what you went through with the ridiculousness within that department. You would have justly prospered with us. Now I understand your position on certain issues. More importantly I'm glad your my friend!
Thank you Tim. You'll never know what that means to me.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Oh great...you had to go and be nice to him.....he will really be hard to handle now
Nah, kinda hard to be sarcastic arrogant and condescending when I have something in my eyes.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
SEE? I'm not the only one! At least one person besides myself has a little class!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 PM

I don't know why I like that little guy.
Don't know what pot I'm stirring either!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:32 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Pot....that would go a long way towards explaining the last twenty posts.

tradition is the new lt buys for everyone all night, so I did. Ouch!
Wow, that's gotta hurt.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
I now believe I have a much better understanding
I too am constantly amazed at how, in the most surprising and innocuous locations and without any advanced notice,
we can suddenly come across some information that both amazes and enlightens us. Unfortunately this has not been one of those occasions.

Name:  nosepicker.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Y'all be careful with nose picking apparatus, a little to deep and your head will collapse.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
I too am constantly amazed at how, in the most surprising and innocuous locations and without any advanced notice,
we can suddenly come across some information that both amazes and enlightens us. Unfortunately this has not been one of those occasions.
Probably because you already tried the pliers and Q-tips.

Morning all. 44 last night when I went to bed. 31 @ 5AM and 8 inches of the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever seen. It won't even flow off an angled plow blade. Just sits there and builds up about 20 feet out in front of the plow. Glad I have a 14,000 pound machine!

It is Wednesday, March 12th.

1664 - New Jersey became a British colony. King Charles II granted land in the New World to his brother James (The Duke of York).

1755 - In North Arlington, NJ, the steam engine was used for the first time.

1789 - The U.S. Post Office was established.

1884 - The State of Mississippi authorized the first state-supported college for women. It was called the Mississippi Industrial Institute and College.

1863 - President Jefferson Davis delivered his State of the Confederacy address.

1894 - Coca-Cola was sold in bottles for the first time.

1904 - After 30 years of drilling, the tunnel under the Hudson River was completed. The link was between Jersey City, NJ, and New York, NY.

1911 - Dr. Fletcher of Rockefeller Institute discovered the cause of infantile paralysis.

1912 - The Girl Scout organization was founded. The original name was Girl Guides.

1923 - Dr. Lee DeForest demonstrated phonofilm. It was his technique for putting sound on motion picture film.

1933 - U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt presented his first presidential address to the nation. It was the first of the "Fireside Chats."

1947 - U.S. President Truman established the "Truman Doctrine" to help Greece and Turkey resist Communism.

1959 - The U.S. House joined the U.S. Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.

1985 - Former U.S. President Richard M. Nixon announced that he planned to drop Secret Service protection and hire his own bodyguards in an effort to lower the deficit by $3 million.

1993 - In the U.S., the Pentagon called for the closure of 31 major military bases.

1993 - Janet Reno was sworn in as the first female U.S. attorney general.

1994 - A photo by Marmaduke Wetherell of the Loch Ness monster was confirmed to be a hoax. The photo was taken of a toy submarine with a head and neck attached.

2002 - Conoco and Phillips Petroleum stockholders approved a proposed merger worth $15.6 billion.

2003 - In Utah, Elizabeth Smart was reunited with her family nine months after she was abducted from her home. She had been taken on June 5, 2002, by a drifter that had previously worked at the Smart home.

2003 - The U.S. Air Force announced that it would resume reconnaissance flights off the coast of North Korea. The flights had stopped on March 2 after an encounter with four armed North Korean jets.

2009 - It was announced that the Sear Tower in Chicago, IL, would be renamed Willis Tower.

Today's thought:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings.
Removing large encrusted loogies with a pair of needle nose pliers works well. I found a shop vac can pull the looong stringy ones better. It works best on someone else's snout.

Snotty
Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Im posting a new sign in this break room.

NO NOSE PICKING WITH PLIERS FINGERS SHOP VACS OR OTHER DEVICE WITHOUT DOCTORS APPROVAL!

Enough with the snot
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone

NO NOSE PICKING WITH PLIERS FINGERS SHOP VACS OR OTHER DEVICE WITHOUT DOCTORS APPROVAL!

Enough with the snot
Well stated RR1. ................

Put on the ph00 and coffee since someone (no names mentioned) failed to do so. Still had some of Heidi's favorite blend and used that - - ummm good.

No news might be good news, so grabbing my ph00 and out of here. ............

Bob
Old 03-12-2014, 09:05 AM
REALLY old dog

ok -so you think you`ve had a bad start to your day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up went in to the bathroom -felt terrible -thought a cigar might brighten my day - at this point realize i`m standing on my tong -
decide that my tong kneads disinfecting after standing on it - grab big bottle of mouth wash -step over to the toilet to spit it out- my cigar is out have to relight it - at this point realize that my mouth wash has a large percentage of alcohol in it because it burst in to flames as i spit - now i have a soggy cigar - bathroom stool aflame with the mouth wash .
just not a good start to the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2014, 09:18 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by railroaderone

Enough with the snot
Geesh, don't get your nose bent out if shape.........
It snot like they're stashing their boogers in the phoo pot ,
Or are they???
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM
REALLY old dog

The Alabama preacher approached his congregation one Sunday morning.
"Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan.

"This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this.

"Now, I want the person who started this vicious rumor to stand and ask forgiveness from God and this Christian family."

No one moved.

The preacher continued, "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a false-hood? Now, remember you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now, stand and confess your transgression."

Again, all was quiet.

Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop a runaway train rose from the third pew.

Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke, "Reverend, there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you
were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I just told one of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."

The preacher fell to his knees, his wife fainted, and the congregation roared!

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 3/9 to 3/15****