Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 3/2 to 3/8****

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have only seen his show twice and didn't care for it either time. Guess I should give him one more chance.
There have been other shows I didn't like at first so who knows.
It sounds dirty, though it's not.

I have never seen Jimmy Kimmel so no idea what you are talking about....but as long as it is falls within the guide lines of the Forum Rules, feel free to post away with my blessing
There's a sample of what he does^^^^^^. It wouldn't work very well in print anyhow.
Get spares. I use reverse on my auger, not a lift. seen too much, live on rocks, north property is bedrock laden or waterfront. hope all goes well for you
I'm no expert on Michigan but from what I saw it is mostly sand. Here it's all dirt and clay. The only way to hang up the auger is to push it into the ground too fast and not bring up some of the loose dirt. That's easier to mess up when the ground is still frozen. Easier to get right when there's a ton of slop in your bucket cylinder pins. Puts the weight of the bucket on the auger without pushing down on it with the hydraulics.

Checked Rhino's web site for the hydraulic auger we have, but they've changed the design, the motor's now over top a planetary gearbox.

Did some lookin on evilpay today. I can get all the parts for these two saws for about $160 (less bar and chains) and that includes a carb for the one that ain't run in over 10 years. So unless I can get $450 for them I'll be farther ahead to fix 'em.

In Smokey and the Bandit, when she's driving and the road's blocked, they are on a city street, go through a gas station lot, and the next time they show the Trans Am they're on an interstate. Then they're back on a highway when Sheriff Justice runs under the beam and takes the top off the car. Just noticed that.

In Jeff Foxworthy's book he says his dad would rush into a diner and say "give me a diablo sandwich and a dr pepper and make it snappy I'm in a darn hurry". Probably get you looked at funny today.

Got the amigo home today. Fired right up when it was warm out. Barely got out the driveway with the Dodge for the mud. Took it to Indianola, caught a ride to Cambridge from there. It will be easier to get to Indianola for the truck than it was Cambridge for the amigo. Should have it home tomorrow night.

Need to get upper control arms and springs under the Dodge. It's about impossible to drive over 45-50 on the gravel roads here. They are a bit soft (but not bad) with being in the process of thawing out.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:18 AM

I think Pale Moon's going in the trash and gonna go back to firefox. I got the latest version, the add-ons are up to date, and it keeps freezing up, and doesn't play well with AVG. Getting pop-ups now and then and it lets too many cookies through.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I'm no expert on Michigan but from what I saw it is mostly sand. Here it's all dirt and clay. The only way to hang up the auger is to push it into the ground too fast and not bring up some of the loose dirt.
We have pure blue clay here just as deep as you can dig. 14 feet that I know of. Just across the street it's all sand. No rock tho. Where I come from, it's granite ledge just about everywhere. 9 times out of 10 you have to plan on blasting when you do a house lot or septic system. Drilled wells average 300 feet or more.

Easier to get right when there's a ton of slop in your bucket cylinder pins. Puts the weight of the bucket on the auger without pushing down on it with the hydraulics.
This will go in place of the bucket on the backhoe. I wouldn't be going thru all this if I had known that some tractor PTO's were reversible tho. I've had 10 or so tractors in my lifetime and can't count how many I've worked on and never seen one. Heard plenty of people complain that they were NOT reversible, so I figured they just weren't made. Can't really envision how they'd get them to BE reversible either, seeing as how they're usually driven off the input shaft of the transmission, before any gearing takes place.

Checked Rhino's web site for the hydraulic auger we have, but they've changed the design, the motor's now over top a planetary gearbox.
That's what I'll have eventually. I want to make sure my thought process is on target before I spend 5 grand on an industrial unit. I'm going to use this thing more for breaking apart large logs to get them down to a size that will fit on my processor. I have a TON of 40" plus diameter logs that the tree companies bring me and if I can break them down, they won't go to waste.
This is what I'm aiming for:

I used to do contract work for this company, (http://www.cbi-inc.com/machines-equi...og-stump-screw), when they were first starting out and had only one guy in the service department. They're huge now but I still see the owner once in a while when I get back to New England. He's told me repeatedly he'll give me anything they build at his cost, any time I want it. I'm going to take him up on that!

Morning all.

It is Thursday, March 6th.

1820 - The Missouri Compromise was enacted by the U.S. Congress and signed by U.S. President James Monroe. The act admitted Missouri into the Union as a slave state, but prohibited slavery in the rest of the northern Louisiana Purchase territory.

1834 - The city of York in Upper Canada was incorporated as Toronto.

1836 - The thirteen-day siege of the Alamo by Santa Anna and his army ended. The Mexican army of three thousand men defeated the 189 Texas volunteers.

1854 - At the Washington Monument, several men stole the Pope's Stone from the lapidarium.

1857 - The U.S. Supreme Court's Dred Scott decision ruled that blacks could not sue in federal court to be citizens.

1899 - Aspirin was patented by German researchers Felix Hoffman and Hermann Dreser.

1900 - In West Virginia, an explosion trapped 50 coal miners underground.

1944 - During World War II, U.S. heavy bombers began the first American raid on Berlin. Allied planes dropped 2000 tons of bombs.

1946 - Ho Chi Minh, the President of Vietnam, struck an agreement with France that recognized his country as an autonomous state within the Indochinese Federation and the French Union.

1947 - The first air-conditioned naval ship, "The Newport News," was launched from Newport News, VA.

1960 - The United States announced that it would send 3,500 troops to Vietnam.

1967 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announced his plan to establish a draft lottery.

1973 - U.S. President Richard Nixon imposed price controls on oil and gas.

1981 - U.S. President Reagan announced a plan to cut 37,000 federal jobs.

1998 - A Connecticut state lottery accountant gunned down three supervisors and the lottery chief before killing himself.

Today's thought:
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

C0ffee and ph00 are ready. Where's B0b? Hope he's ok.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I think Pale Moon's going in the trash and gonna go back to firefox. I got the latest version, the add-ons are up to date, and it keeps freezing up, and doesn't play well with AVG. Getting pop-ups now and then and it lets too many cookies through.
Pale Moon is Firefox, it just has a bunch of the crud removed so it runs faster...my guess is you are running the free version of AVG and you are getting what you paid for

I like Bitdefender for antivirus about $30.00 a year and works great with every browser I try.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Look at my LEGGS!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

It sounds dirty, though it's not.

There's a sample of what he does^^^^^^. It wouldn't work very well in print anyhow.
I watched the video you attempted to post here and luckily you didn't get right as it violates forum rules.

You seem to have a problem understanding the rules I have shown you repeatedly regarding profanity on the forum....perhaps you need to take a moment to actually read what you agreed to when you registered here.

Once again I will post a portion of the Forum Rules YOU agreed to and attempt to make you understand....

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.

The video you posted tries to "suggest a profane meaning" when there is not one there and as such is entirely the wrong content for this forum. If that was your intention when you asked if you could do the same thing here, then you obviously have missed the simple fact that we ask you to simply "Respect" the Mothers, Grandmothers and Children that read this forum daily by posting content suitable for such an environment.

We feel asking you to do so while allowing you to use this great resource for FREE, is a good trade....if you disagree and find yourself incapable of actually HONORING your commitment then we understand and will hate to lose you.

"We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums."

I honestly just don't know how we can make it any more plain than this....

You will note I seldom go to this much effort to try and keep a member when they fail to uphold their end of the bargain....This is the 3rd time I have gone over this with you and it is my hope that by doing it publicly you will finally take it seriously enough that we don't end up losing a valued member.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
Look at my LEGGS!
You need to chip the ice off them so we can see them...don't use the torch you remember what happened last time
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squeak.........ennnnnnnnnnnnnn(door swing sound) hello? lo lo lo

empty and cold breakroom (breath shown in the frosty chill) puff

Topper, yeah, part of the topic for my son was finding a match while working afternoons 3-12. appearantly, only the deviate ones are out then.
he's had enough short stick draws for a lifetime....being a granma would definitely make me go to bed at 6PM, lol.....

wow ed, shortround bruce!!!!!! love that guy. sending you both really good scotch.

had to take a look for ya chaikwabro, technically you are correct, as always.
shifter plate from well drilling rig is on top, puts gearing either left or right of the stationary gear. yes, better raise it often to clear out or get the pipe wrench. I just was amazed at the direct power on tough rock, how things can go bad- quickly. this was an auction item pickup....

remember all, sometimes humor reflects some pain inside to color our choices.....we can't see hearty laughs in typing, the real definition that everything is good!!! sun is out, make it a good day!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all today I'm another year older and deeper in debit so St Peter don't you call I owe my soul to the Obama store. Hope you all are doing well the winds this moring almost ripped the door off my truck and left a nice dent in my sons forehead.

I'm Gona kick start the dragon we need some heat
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Got a call from Shortround last night.
He's in the Richmond/Petersburg area for a bit.
Another old dog that can't seem to stay retired.
Hope to see him this weekend.
PLEASE give him my regards!!! I've wondered occasionally where he got off to!
Tell hom he needs to stick his head in now and then so we know he's still breathing!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, 6 rounds, from the holster in 5 seconds..repeated until
I went thru 50 rds. Target is a 100yd rifle "sight-in" target, so outer ring is about 10 inches across
Whatcha think?
[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

All look to be man stoppers..what was the range 300 yds? bending over shooting upside down between your legs with dark sunglasses on?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

Topper, yeah, part of the topic for my son was finding a match while working afternoons 3-12. appearantly, only the deviate ones are out then.
he's had enough short stick draws for a lifetime....being a granma would definitely make me go to bed at 6PM, lol.....
I was telling DW last night that your Grandchildren will never be bored and they will grow up with a boat load of common sense values
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 second shot? you must be a 25 or 15 yards.....

like the eight or so shots right up the button line. what was the .caliber still .38s or new to me glock and .40s? gosh I feel so outta the loop....

just don't try to wake me up by tapping a body part...{SPRING!! up and attack in a flash}

try a slower pace off hand shoot...just to keep in response mode. feel good regardless, (you are on the money icon)

TOPPER! I danced on yer post, sorry!

yes, my grandkids would also know how to march and do pushups for broccoli. my son still thinks it is a treat and ignores chocolate....lol
Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Administrator

shifter plate from well drilling rig is on top, puts gearing either left or right of the stationary gear.
Oh. Darn. I got all excited for nuthin'. I was hoping someone actually made a PTO that made sense.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Whatcha think?
Not bad Stevie Wonder!

my son still thinks it is a treat and ignores chocolate....lol
That's just wrong.

Afternoon y'all.

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 3/2 to 3/8****