Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 3/2 to 3/8****

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
rear ends from the 30's and 40's, and made post hole diggers out of them. How they ever got the 90 weight up to the top bearing I have NO idea. And how they even kept the grease in it at ALL is a mystery as well because the dirt would push up against the seal in the bottom axle. I'm also going to drive it with a hydraulic motor and run it on the backhoe in place of the bucket. Dunno if it'll work or not, or even last, but I guess I'll find out.

Guess they made implements for *****'s Overland to name a few.
got one for my ****** jeep/farm option. I know you are smart so maybe you already know: 30s &40s stuff was 'slinger' lubricated or forced by pressure into drilled holes or seam gaps. hit stuff with WD40 to make sure something isn't plugged. these things will tear body parts on idle, so be careful careful. using the backhoe may get you pinned to the ground, it digs that completely. I also have the more 90s WOODS auger 3 pt hitch. more controllable fer sure!!!

breakfast was hot chocolate, blueberry biscuits and thawed blackberries. oh my!!!!
got son and a lumber buyer coming out today. jeep all cleaned and maintained like a new car for transfer. looking at a dodge avenger for me but have to check on the bad points online....
snowing and cold here, we are fighting back!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
REALLY old dog

Horse Powered Treadmill Log Splitter (Video) - Daily Picks and Flicks

dailypicksandflicks.com/.../horse-powered-treadmill-log-splitt...‎
480 × 360 - Feb 25, 2014 - This log splitter uses only one horse-power. Literally.
Not much competition for Scott`s wood prosessor
Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

Where's Bark's pix from when he (censored) the (censored) with a shrew?
Those photos were confiscated by the FBI's Counter Animal Cruelty Team during the recent investigation in to alleged crimes against Nature...

Remember all individuals are assumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law or a video on Youtube
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are mostly in trucks or equipment, aren't you? Why not take him with you?
Boss isn't a critter person- not allowed in company vehicles/equipment. And he'll run himself dead before he lets me get more than 150 yards from him, I tried taking him out to fix fence last spring.
1872 - George Westinghouse patented the air brake.
And they're still around.
Westinghouse
Air
Brake
Company
Think you could get me a couple of picture of that? Even if it's not the same as what I've got, I'm particularly interested in what they use for a hydraulic motor. If you could get me the name plate and numbers off that motor, I'd appreciate it.
I'll get a picture of both.
I don't know, you *might*. I don't really keep up with what used saws bring now. I know I've seen some outrageous prices on used saw parts tho.
Try going to this facebook page and ask around: https://www.facebook.com/groups/302869533101026/
Good group of guys there.
I asked on the chainsaw repair page you posed the other day, that's where I got the offer for the torn-down 576.
these things will tear body parts on idle, so be careful careful. using the backhoe may get you pinned to the ground, it digs that completely. I also have the more 90s WOODS auger 3 pt hitch. more controllable fer sure!!!
Hydraulic power on backhoe = run it from the seat.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Hello---drive by,

Where's Bark's pix from when he (censored) the (censored) with a shrew?
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Those photos were confiscated by the FBI's Counter Animal Cruelty Team during the recent investigation in to alleged crimes against Nature...
And the other ones are still available to view. We just need your credit card number to verify your age.....

Off to get blood sucked out.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM

I just had an idea to do "today in unnecessarily censored history" something like Jimmy Kimmel's "this week in unnecessary censorship" but I thought I'd ask if it was OK first. Not sure how it would work in print...
Old 03-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Hello---good bye,

And the other ones are still available to view at the 'home'.

Off to get out.
Huh?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
30s &40s stuff was 'slinger' lubricated or forced by pressure into drilled holes or seam gaps. hit stuff with WD40 to make sure something isn't plugged.
Not going to be liquid lubricated. All bearings will be packed with grease, like an old wheel bearing. The top bearing will have more lubrication than it had in its' previous life! In fact, EVERYTHING will have more lubrication, mainly because the liquid grease would run out of the case as soon as a little dirt got under the bottom seal. And that was most likely within 5 seconds of the auger hitting the ground for the first time.

these things will tear body parts on idle, so be careful careful. using the backhoe may get you pinned to the ground, it digs that completely.
I don't think an auger with a 1 1/8" shaft will move a 16,000 pound loader very far. I think the shaft will snap or a shear pin will break before it moves it much. The nice part about driving this thing hydraulically is that I can reverse the rotation and back it out of the hole if it gets stuck, as opposed to yanking it out like you have to do with a 3 point set-up.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I'll get a picture of both.
Thank you!

Hydraulic power on backhoe = run it from the seat.
That's the idea, yes.

I just had an idea to do "today in unnecessarily censored history" something like Jimmy Kimmel's "this week in unnecessary censorship" but I thought I'd ask if it was OK first. Not sure how it would work in print...
I can't answer that one! You'll hafta ask the big boss.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

something like Jimmy Kimmel's .
I have only seen his show twice and didn't care for it either time. Guess I should give him one more chance.
There have been other shows I didn't like at first so who knows.

Huh?
Huh Uh!

but have to check on the bad points online..
Different points but I just realized that at home I only have one vehicle (68 Impala) that has points.
Some of the tools we have in our old tool boxes a lot of people now days don't know what they are for.
Dwell meter, points file, feeler gauges, timing light and the loaded condenser just waiting for someone to pick it up.

Guy who did my blood draw today (reserve Navy Corpsman assigned to Marines) recently got back from Afghanistan again.
I had first met him when he came back from Iraq years ago.
He said if I faint, crack my head open and pee my pants when he draws the blood he would try to not step on my fingers.
I complimented him on how much his bedside manner had improved since the last time I talked to him.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I don't think an auger with a 1 1/8" shaft will move a 16,000 pound loader very far. I think the shaft will snap or a shear pin will break before it moves it much. The nice part about driving this thing hydraulically is that I can reverse the rotation and back it out of the hole if it gets stuck, as opposed to yanking it out like you have to do with a 3 point set-up.

Get spares. I use reverse on my auger, not a lift. seen too much, live on rocks, north property is bedrock laden or waterfront. hope all goes well for you. miss my T raddy, hope all is well with him too......

logger up and out, wanted free access on land. C Ya. he was at Doyle saw log defect heavy on a 310 veneer grade black walnut. glad a forester taught me to use a specific tree to test the sawyers....

nice to talk with son, relax, advise financial stuff.....watch my vehicle leave under his responsibility. back to talking about a home.....good.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

I have never seen Jimmy Kimmel so no idea what you are talking about....but as long as it is falls within the guide lines of the Forum Rules, feel free to post away with my blessing
Old 03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

nice to talk with son, relax, advise financial stuff.....watch my vehicle leave under his responsibility. back to talking about a home.....good.
When is that boy going present you with a Grandchild?.....I bet you will be a TERRIFIC Grandparent! (Not trying to rush it of course you are still kinda young for something like that)
Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Got a call from Shortround last night.
He's in the Richmond/Petersburg area for a bit.
Another old dog that can't seem to stay retired.
Hope to see him this weekend.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Got a call from Shortround last night.
He's in the Richmond/Petersburg area for a bit.
Another old dog that can't seem to stay retired.
Hope to see him this weekend.
Give him my best when you see him
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Get spares. I use reverse on my auger, not a lift.
Cool, I didn't know there were reversible PTO's, especially on the compact tractors. Often wondered why they didn't make them, but I guess they do!

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 3/2 to 3/8****