Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

**** Diesel Cafe 6/3-6/9 ****

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Tired is only a drag when you didn't have fun.....

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Morning everyone, headed out the door to work, probably going to rope tonight, just wish it was closer to the house and started sooner so I could get to bed at a decent hour. Ah well, I have a living quarters trailer.
DuallyknowI'llbetireddogout
This will be a good one for ya, Texas son! get in roping rythym earlier though..
Good to see ya Diesel boy (DB?) lol and Old wet dog near Don...

HEH THANKS! I Jobb for the scrumtious dinner thought. sad to say but a time ago, running sled dogs, you are eager to find road kill for their slump (food).
Hanging out with the French Canadiens, I have eaten bear, moose, caribou, woodchuck, (beaver and otter are forbidden) black squirrels (which really do taste like chicken but in minature) and we all contribute to a shore dinner:
bass, trout, walleye, corn fritters, endive, tomatoes, chives, hickory nuts, and mashed potatoes from cattail roots. kind of like a scavenger hunt with bragging rights. It is a big tradition up North. here where I reside- it is grape pie, squirrels by the pound, cider, ales, buckwheat pancakes, and great cheeses (wine country). we call it 'drive through' food cause it takes a four wheeler to get places.

What week are ya in now, MADHAT? and good luck to your company- bang zing tink- there, motivational words for shooting....

Calling the janitor Sacajewea- now that's funny! of course, he won't think so, but it is- snicker snicker......litlle JAKE in a papoose on his back LOL , oh ROFL
oh man, I am going to be in so much trouble......snicker snicker
CHRISR is gonna chuckle too.......wonder if he took that night shift and his wife WAS really mad? sleeping in the horse trailer?? haven't heard from him in a bit..

rainout here, did oil changes and cleaned up the barn- I know 04CTD will have nothing to look at during the day now....

did sooo much work on the boat this winter (new fridge, new sterndrive build,new wiring for motors and outdrives, plus many little things) only to sell it and the big trailer......ahhhh oh well, life goes on. just when I start understanding stuff too....

gonna clean up the basement today I guess, happy I got all the plants in the ground.

thanks for the food CIN, just had tea and juice though, one of those days..
Heidi in NY
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning, just catching up. Chased the critters off the fritters.... coffee's goin down like..... DTR coffee..

Got some BADLEY needed rain. Of course nothing got done then. Claude, you call before 9 on a Sunday and want an answer? Actually, not a problem, I just noticed later in the day it was set on vibrate.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Morning Heidi, no problem.I had a 1/4 of a bowl of Apple Jacks.Haven't had them in almost 20 yrs.Now I have to do an extra set of crunches.I'll never learn hehehe.I wish I had a basement to clean.

Red,how are ya doing?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Good morning all, I'll think of something better to say when I have my first cup coffee...
Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin' all. Sun is shinin' here, (for the moment at least), so I'll attempt the brush hog fix again. Got rained out yesterday.

Coffee seemed a little weak so I checked and found the sock was missin'. Now I'm goin' sock-less on one foot just so you people can have the coffee you're used to. <sigh... the things I do just to make the rest of the world happy!>

'Sacajewea'? I don't think so. I don't even know what that is. Or means. Sounds like some kinda disease of the more delicate parts!

Gotta go because... Jake's gotta go!

chaikwa.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:44 AM

Mornin

This is just a post and run, slept in a little. still trying to turn my nights into days and days into nights.

Have a gook one and HAVE FUN AND DRIVE SAFE.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 AM

DTR Janitor,Woah,not your sock again.I get tired of holding it in the coffee pot with a fork while I pour my coffee.LOL

How about letting it soak for a little and removing it so it won't flop in you cup while your pouring?

Morning Ijobb!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:56 AM

Mornin'
HALP! HALP! I can't open my eyes!!! Been up since 5, drove my hour to work,and still can't see the screen! Typing by memory. Good time in Cold harbor Sat, Sun rained out startin 3am so no sleep. Dryin wet wool and canvas.

Chaikwa, Thanks for the extra cetane in the coffee and your sock sacrifice. I can't see so i'll follow my nose to the coffee.

Cin- Thanks for the bicuits an gravy, yum-yum. Glad the was still some around.

Heidi- "Tired is only a drag when you didn't have fun....." Is correct, Sat was a good time 2 good demos and candlelight tour.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good morning DTRonians MMMM that was a mighty good breakfast Cin thanks for the vittles....Coffee is good too once you get past the smell of feet

You all have a safe day out there!

Lary
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
REALLY old dog

Smile

We`ll for the third day in a row , I don`t have to irrigate, (saving money)
Yesterday we stilll got some things done, Washed windows in the green house,and cought up other odds & ends. For the last fiew weeks have pretty much been working from early morn to dark , so little rest is appreciated>

Redleg , What a way to get a cheap thrill,(having your phone on vibrate) HA! HA!
What did you & Molly do over the weekend ? Bought that used 5er i was telling you about, working on mounting the hitch today so i can get it home and ,wife can clean it up . Had steak ,fried potatoes ,peas ,garlic bread ,& lemmonaid yesterday afternoon , threw on an extra steal just in case you got the message on the phone. Rember i told you i had a Mozda 626 Gt turbo coupe , (neaded a little fixing up ) was going to use it to pull behind slide in camper so i would have something to drive once i got where i was going. Well since i got the 5er i wont need it and swapped it to a friend for his kid, he will R & R rearend on grand cherokee for me. Now all i have to do is check and make sure it will work (havent had time yet) and pull it or a nother>
Have so much going on figured i didnt have time so farmed that one out .
Well got to go get hitch on dodge ,(after i move slide in so i have place to park 5er).

Chaikwa, its sprinkeling up here so dont know if your going to be able to run the brush hog or not. (No I dont think your going to melt in the rain, however do think the grass and stuf will wind up choking up the bruch hog if wet )

Claude AHH!! TEA, SPECIAL BLEND ,IN A SOCK ,POT # 3 THIS MORNING !
Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Md-rebel,glad to see ya eat.

Top, Did ya get enough?Hope so!

Dinner is gonna a lite tonight: as follows: Roast ,onions,potatoes,and carrots in one pot.Homemade Beef Stew in another,Last but definately not least is Homemade Vegetable Soup.It will be done by no later than 5:00.Been on all morning.Hope everyone enjoys and gets full.Have a good-n out there.Cin
Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
What week are ya in now, MADHAT? and good luck to your company- bang zing tink- there, motivational words for shooting....

Calling the janitor Sacajewea- now that's funny! of course, he won't think so, but it is- snicker snicker......litlle JAKE in a papoose on his back LOL , oh ROFL
oh man, I am going to be in so much trouble......snicker snicker
We're in week 7, firing week. Good job on the spelling, I did not have a clue. You ain'y gotta be a brain surgoen to pull a trigger...
Originally Posted by chaikwa
'Sacajewea'? I don't think so. I don't even know what that is. Or means. Sounds like some kinda disease of the more delicate parts!
Read your history, janitor! Put a book next to your throne every once in a while. She was the indian, (sorry, Native American) that was a guide for the Lewis and Clarke expidition. Complete with a kid on her back. That was a tough woman!
Originally Posted by old dog
Redleg , What a way to get a cheap thrill,(having your phone on vibrate) HA! HA!
When I worked at medical, I had a pager that I turned on vibrate when I was in meetings... should have seen the look on my face when that thing went off... priceless...

Good day today. Boys shot good, really suprised at how well they did. Hot as heck, Summer's comin. I'm working on my farmers tan...

Got some gatorade and water on ice for ya'll in the cooler... Come on!

Chillinhat...
Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by old dog

Nooooooo you CAN'T borrow it....

I was already in the middle of a batch of goulosh for the week by the time I noticed the message. Had an open house Saturday to go to. Sunday to wet.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Sack a jew we ah.... sounds like it could describe you , Chaikwa

rain changed plans...trying to stay clean and dry- ended up sluggin' through a rural junk yard for a welding project....thanks CIN for the grub...

(your chocolate was delayed by UPS: they will not leave your package on the porch, think Wednesday)

good to hear from ya CINCYDIESEL and MD REBEL!!
(MD we had a party of 104th NY reenactor's at my neighbors fields
back to my ravines- those guys had a blast cause I could hear em laughing!!)

making dinner for the son, we are watching a movie tonight- ah parenting.

REDLEG- no wonder you haven't been in more- Kayla is the name of your dog; who's Molly? LOL

just me
Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Read your history, janitor! Put a book next to your throne every once in a while. She was the indian, (sorry, Native American) that was a guide for the Lewis and Clarke expidition. Complete with a kid on her back. That was a tough woman!
I have LOTS of books next to my throne! Lotsa pictures...
I don't need no stinkin' history books tho! Only thing in school I was worse at than history was math! And I still hate both!

Originally Posted by Redleg
I was already in the middle of a batch of goulosh for the week...
'goulosh'? Ain't those them things you wear on your feet in the winter? You make those too? If they're anything like the flies you tie they oughta be pretty dern good!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
REDLEG-Kayla is the name of your dog; who's Molly
Jeeeez! Will someone PLEEEZE get that poor dogs name right? It's KALEY! sheesh!

Rainin' here AGAIN. Got the brush hog fixed before it started at least, now I just need 2 or 3 hours of dry weather so I can use it!

Late afternoon is ready. Oughta go good with Cin's supper fixin's!

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: **** Diesel Cafe 6/3-6/9 ****