Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

**** Diesel Cafe 6/3-6/9 ****

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Afternoon, all. Maybe we need a poll... I like the breakroom being a different name each week, and whoever gets in first gets to start it...

Lots of rain here, a few trees down on the Island. We needed it. Hope it clears up for the range this week.

Ha ha, chscottwasackajaweea, the early janitor gets the worm... no love for you today... If I get it next week, I'll name it for you. Probably not, though...

Have a good one, DTR!
Make them shoot in the rain.

I do it regularly, just because, when Im out hunting, Its not going to be sunny, 70*, 29.5" of Mercury, with a 4 mph crossing wind.

Make them shoot 200m off hand while being rained on. see how good they really are with a cold rain hitting them in the face.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Make them shoot in the rain.
I do it regularly, just because, when Im out hunting, Its not going to be sunny, 70*, 29.5" of Mercury, with a 4 mph crossing wind.
Make them shoot 200m off hand while being rained on. see how good they really are with a cold rain hitting them in the face.
Yeah, maybe Marines, but entry level shooters (recruits) need the best conditions to learn the fundamentals. Some of my recruits have never touched a weapon before, and I want to make sure that they get good learning. That, and we're trying to beat the other platoons... and I want to WIN!!! We look good, so far.
And, about that offhand, I can hit 5-6 out of 10 from the 5. What you got?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah, maybe Marines, but entry level shooters (recruits) need the best conditions to learn the fundamentals. Some of my recruits have never touched a weapon before, and I want to make sure that they get good learning. That, and we're trying to beat the other platoons... and I want to WIN!!! We look good, so far.
And, about that offhand, I can hit 5-6 out of 10 from the 5. What you got?
dunno... I just bought my m4gery earlier this year. Finding ammo cheap enough to go shoot into the dirt is another story right now.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Madhat, do`nt know if i could qualify on your range or not, just a hunter, Ruger GP100 3.57 Mag. at -100 yrds ,2 liter Coke btl, 4 to 5 times out of 10, good enough for deer .

Unless you are hunting farm land rairly get a shot farther than that here in Mich.

Claude
- Tea fresh pot brewing (in a sock of corse)
Old 06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

TEA?!?!!!!?! That's ok, throw a lot of sugar in it over ice, and we're on.
We Fire:
200m slow: 15 rounds in 20 minutes, 5 sitting, 5 kneeling, 5 standing. Slow fire, the target goes down and back up after every shot. Able target, 12 inches of black in a 6X6 target.
200m rapid: 10 rounds in 60 seconds from standing to sitting. Dog target. 24 inches across the bottom, 12 at the top, 18 inches high, in the shape of a head and shoulders. Also on a 6X6 target.
300 slow: 5 rounds sitting, 5 minutes, able target.
300 Rapid 10 rounds, 60 seconds, from standing to prone. Dog target
500 slow: 10 rounds, 10 minutes, B mod. Shape of a man from the waist up. 40 inches high, 20 wide. 6X6 target.

If you think it's easy, come to PI this week. I'll hook you up with a few rounds on the range. If you think that the targets are big, make one, I'll send you a pic, and then get however far away it is. That able looks like a flea's ... eye... from 300 yards...

Mmmm, just got done with dinner, chowhall steak, baked potato, fried onions and shrooms.... mmmm. Chocolate milk for dessert... Just for the biggest fat kid of all, 04 CTD... (who now has an 06. Can we get this fixed???)

Love you long time.

Later... mad...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:18 PM
REALLY old dog

Smile

Madhat , think your recrutes might be intimidated trying to shoot My GP 100,
it only has a 6 in barrel , and is a 6 shot revolver, Now a 2 leiter coke bottle is about 4 in wide and i put a paper behind the bottle (which i fill with watter)
the 5 ro six that miss the bottle (at 100 yrds ) all are in a notebook size piece of paper. But i love to show off when guys are sighting in their deer rifles at the same distance and most arnt getting any better results than I , and the affect of the bullet hitting the bottle of watter is dreamatic. OH of corse i`m using iron sights, I have almost as much fun doing this as hunting, you should see how sheepish som of them look,3.06 with scope and not hitting target as good as I .
MAKES THIS OLD MAN SMILE INSIDE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!!
Claude Glass of Lemmonaid ,after steak , fried potatoes , peas , garlic bread.
OHH !!! I`M full !
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I feel you on that one. I was making some guys sweat with my glock 40 a few weeks before we picked up this platoon, shooting pennies off of a cross tie...

Lights are off, wittle recruits are in their wittle racks... lights come early again tomorrow... 0400 for them, 0300 for me...

Still got a some paperwork to do...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Chapter President

When does the day usually end for recruits?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Duallydog
When does the day usually end for recruits?
They have 16 hour days, and 8 hours of sleep (unless training is going on) If the lights go off at 2000, then they come on at 0400 the next morning. Earliest I've seen it has been 0330, (except for the crucible, 2100 at night, lights on at 0200) and the latest that I have seen it was 0530.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 PM

Evening.

Very nice day 28*C. Could use some rain just to settle the dust. Dang skeeters are driving us and the horses nuts. Have to start smudging at nights.

Ok Heidi finally got the recipes. Didn't turn out very nice but you can see what you can do to those varmints that your cat drags home.

I do not know what kind of wine goes with any of these. The one that really sounds good is the jellied moose nose. If you want it let me know. Have to have a really big pot though. Whole upper jaw has to be put in a pot and boiled. Recipe's are from a book called Northern Cookbook. Let me know how they turn out if you use any of them.

Hat Thanks for the update. Picture looks good but probably doesn't do it
justice. Hope he's doing alright.

See you in the AM for coffee. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Mornin, Mornin. Coffee's gurglin. I'm ready for some of that tasty chow hall chow...

Hope everyone has a great one.

Lawerence, we usually fry our vermin... or cook over an open fire. Looks good, tho...
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 AM

Going to be another barn burner out here again, well for the rest of the summer. Only going to be about 106 today. Don't have to work outside today at least. But you all have a good one.

DB
Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Oh Boy!

Get Up it's Coffee and Tea Time !

Goodmorning yall!!!!
Pancakes,French Toast,Bagels,Eggs,Bisquits Gravy,Sausage,and Bacon for Breakfast.

Donuts for those in a hurry.

Have a great and safe day everyone!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Chapter President

Morning everyone, headed out the door to work, probably going to rope tonight, just wish it was closer to the house and started sooner so I could get to bed at a decent hour. Ah well, I have a living quarters trailer.
DuallyknowI'llbetireddogout
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Duallydog
No stinking upside down question marks this week.
Glad for that, got tired of turning the monitor upside down to read them or standing on my head.

Back to work this week after a glorious week off . Put about a thousand miles on the scooter (ended up clear down in Seaboard NC somehow ) and got a portion of the roof fixed finally . The thing had 11 layers of shingles - tar paper - felt paper - shingles- and what not else up there. Probably took three tons off that little roof.

Well, gotta go see what I missed last week and get caught up. Yeah right.

Quick Reply: **** Diesel Cafe 6/3-6/9 ****