Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*****Diesel Sippers BREAKROOM Aug 26th-SEPT 1st 2007*****

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all, about waiting on my first class, then going to work for a little bit.
Duallygoingtohaveaninterestingsemesterdogout
Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, again. Looks like the breakroom has been stired a bit...
Hope everyone is having a good monday, It makes no difference to me, every day is the same. Had some recruits tidy the place up a bit in absense of the hired help, so enjoy. 'Nother pot is on, plus the foo. Pink sprinkles for the boss.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:00 AM

Morning all.

Like the buckle DC. Does the maker engrave for a living or is it a hobby for him? If he has a web site let me know please.

Weather for today cloudy and overcast with periods of rain, MAYBE. On the other hand it might smarten up and the sun could shine. Thats my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Hope the janitor is making out alright. Being out of power is not a good thing.
Especially for this long.

Have to go see a guy that wants some work done to a Bobcat trailer today. Wants a rack for his augers.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by old dog
Geez, Don all I said was ( you`ll have to be watchful,after getting every one else hitched, that they would probably try to get eaven)
Did they check your pasport going in to that country ? (Detroit) that is a diffrent country isn`t it ? They checked mine every time i went down to the State Fair ! Ended up with a 2nd & 3rd on my wood carvings ,(ill explain that later ( GRUMBLE GRUMBLE)
HEY RED THE FISHING REPORT`S , THEY SAY SALMON ARE COMMING IN THE PM , WE GOT TO HIT THEM ! (IVE YET TO GET ONE)
BY CHANCE DID YOU SWING BY AND CHECK ON SCOTT ? HAVENT HERD FROM HIM IN QUITE A WHILE, MUST HAVE GOTTEN QUITE A BIT OF STORM DAMAGE.
CLAUDETEA made in kileys sock, fresh brewed -um good
I'll probably do some tying this week. The Manistee and Little Manistee have a couple fish comeing in too, maybe a few more after the cold front, but I don't usually start to targeting them til September. Tossed a panther martin around a bit when I got home last night. Got a plump little brookie right off the bat, then a couple nice browns. Water was still up. The brookie was starting to get a hooked jaw for spawning already.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greeting from 30 miles south of BFE.
Cell phone don't work. Got to drive 15 mile to get a signal.
Laptop can't connect to network back at at work.
Last minute JTA pulled another 12 troops from the location and sent them home.
Snakes, scorpions, spiders, ants, and gnats.
DWI (Dealing With Idiots). Command and control is more screwed up than a bushel basket full of coat hangers.
Meals not available. Gotta drive 150 mile round trip for groceries today.
Down to 2 beers (emergency use only).
All kinds of stuff broke. Can't communicate to get parts (reference computer and cell phone),
Trying to interface smoke signals to heliograph to telegraph to land line for comms.
And to think I volunteered for this.

Nothing like a challenge.

pulling30inchesofvacuumandworkingonanattitudeShort round out
Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Back from work, despite FiverBob's prognistications...

yep, three happy now divorced couples done. ahhh I love my job? Glad I am done.

back to play, will post pics of me floating in the pond in my new tug boat.
got to do disc brake son the mercedes and plan to go up to the property later tonight. Bought enclosed trailer for construction tools or camping, nice ramp and man door- 7,000 lb carry. got to hook up with putting electric in up North, and meet for money and title exchange with the trailer owner up in Rochester.

got to go to town for errands, and pick money off the tree.

Heidi looking at all the one eyed no teeth future wives for REDLEG, most of whom can skin a deer too
Old 08-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Heidi looking at all the one eyed no teeth future wives for REDLEG, most of whom can skin a deer too
You must have gotten confused... last I knew, we agreed on one tooth and no eye. If she had one eye, she might not hang around....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

It's been kinda dead in here... need to drum up some business..

Normal morning slop is on...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Donuts are flying out this morning along with the rest of the morning breakfast.
BTW-Goodmorning! Hat,thanks for the coffee really needed that.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:01 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOOOOOD MORNING BOB and the rest of you

Time to Rise and Shine,hit the floor a'runnin, wakey wakey little retired sleepy-head..There Smilin' Bob, is that better for you????? We want you to feel loved and apreciated........have some foo-foo and quite pouting...

Its my FRIDAY!!!! two more hours and I'm out of here!!! and I aint answering the phone, not answering the door, and definitly NOT comin gback to work on my days off this week!

Gonna powerwash the porch-deck, the BOSS wants to re-stain it, got to get some time in on these horses( at least the one) and maybe, just maybe, have soem time to go fishing....or at lesat take a nap down by the pond...
Hope yall enjoy your day, I know I will.....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 AM

My Friday too, and a short day at that. I'll be stuck in here for the long haul over the weekend though. Gonna be a hot one today, might as well be here in the A.C. I was kind of liking that cool down we had. Stuck with the wicked witch today, not you Heidi.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 AM

Tuesday is gonna be H-O-T (at least for us). Finally, today is commissioning day for the UPS (alternate power source for the plants computer system)we've been wiring up for the last three weeks. If you see green smoke, that will not be good.

Cin's Dodge, think in gunnery terms: Left 100, Drop 200. Fire for effect. Your donuts are landing in the Puget Sound.

On the road again. Question: Does anyone else listen to audiobooks during their commutes?

~Dave
Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by NWDave
Question: Does anyone else listen to audiobooks during their commutes?

~Dave
Answer: No. Kids are screaming too loud. Anyone have a patent for a sound proof plexi glass divider?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
GOOOOOOD MORNING BOB and the rest of you

Time to Rise and Shine,hit the floor a'runnin, wakey wakey little retired sleepy-head..There Smilin' Bob, is that better for you????? We want you to feel loved and apreciated........have some foo-foo and quite pouting....

uuuuuuuuu, I'm feelin' it - - I feel the LOVE - - flowing all thru my veins. Thank you, Chris. And that wasn't a really loud wake up - - just felt the love comin thru.

And morning to the rest of the gang - - gorgeous morning after some very nice rains for much of the night - - much needed. Now my plants can grow another foot this week. OK, off to Sams and stock up - - rediculous how much you can spend when you go to that place. I was sure surprised in Mexico when I went to Sams - - covered parking - - HUH. Thought we were supposed to have it better in the states.

OK, got my foo foo, grabbed a donut - - at least that is what I think it is - - and I am out of here. Catch one for me, Don - - I'm jealous.

Bob
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awright ev'rybody, like it or not, I'M BACK! And things are gonna shape up around here now... this breakroom is a MESS. You'd never know Hat went thru here with his recruits just a few days ago.

Over 72 hours without power here and 66 of them I spent feedin' generators. What a PITA. Didn't lose any food and the hosses were kept watered tho! Now I gotta go on clean-up duty, not just in the breakroom, but all over this property. Got more trees and branches down than I knew we had! Guess there's still some people in this county without power tho. The county just north-east of us had a few tornados with a lot of damage, so we were still lucky.

For anyone who's curious/interested; bought one of those cheap Chinese knock-off's of a Honda generator. 3500 watt. So far it's proving to be a pretty good little machine. It ran for about 30 hours on a tank of gas, it's quiet, and it provides decent, steady power. Total run time was about 60 hours. Changed the oil yesterday and it looked good, wasn't even low. We'll see how the long term durability is, something I've always wondered about with those things. All parts are inter-changable with Honda.

I see the coffee's all set for right now, so I'm gonna set out to do some cleanin' in this pig sty.

Cin, how's Leevi doing? Been wondering about him/you.

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: *****Diesel Sippers BREAKROOM Aug 26th-SEPT 1st 2007*****