NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Greensboro Dyno Day/Aftermath/Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Greensboro Dyno Day/Aftermath/Results

Well,..........the fine Members of NCDTR #18 had a great time today at the Greensboro Dyno Day held at "Foreign Automotive." We didn't have a huge turnout, had some minor problems with the dyno there, but I know that my Son (John Jr.) and I really enjoyed ourselves. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some more new faces!

The day started out with us meeting for breakfast at "Cracker Barrel" just up the road from the dyno. After breakfast, we headed down to the dyno there at "Foreign Automotive."

I want to thank Keegan Mabe (Unruly NFS) for organizing this event for us and to the very patient staff at "Foreign Automotive." Keegan,....sorry you had problems with your truck on Friday!

As stated above, they had some problems with the "RPM Pickup" on the dyno, but thanks to our Members, were able to get five (5) trucks on the dyno. My thanks to all of you who worked on that!

I promised everyone that I would post the dyno results for those five (5) Members that ran. Listed below are the names, truck description and H.P. and Torque Numbers for each truck. I have listed the HIGHEST runs made by each Members truck:

-----NAME--------------------TYPE OF TRUCK---------------H.P./TQ.------

1.) Kevin York (jp8819)--------1999 Dodge CTD--------------263/628-------

2.) Chris Lamm(ratlratl)--------2006 Dodge CTD CR-----------300/628 (STK)---------------------------------------------------------431/765 (Smarty)

3.) Bryan Adams (marine4life)--2001 Dodge CTD--------------491/999------
-----------------------------------------------------------545/1220 (NOS)

4.) David Livesay (BC847)-----1993 Dodge CTD--------------363/685-------
-----------------------------------------------------394/725 (Water/Meth)

5.) Tad Angell (Sqrl$$)--------2004 Dodge CTD CR----------293/541 (Stock)
----------------------------------------------------------480/930--------

In keeping with our NCDTR #18 "traditions" we decided to have a little fun with Bryan Adams Truck and again "experimented" with a bottle of nitrous oxide that DTR Member Brian Buchanan was nice enough to bring. With Brian helping me, we again took the 10 lb. bottle and gave Bryan a "small shot" into his BHAF!! As you can see, that "small shot" gave him an extra fifty-four (54) H.P.!! Bryan,..CONGRATULATIONS on the high numbers for today!
I also want to CONGRATULATE David Livesay (BC 847) whom I have watched fight, scratch and claw for more power the past two-three years on his nice 93' Dodge CTD First Gen.! Today, all of David's hard work and persistence paid off as he posted the HIGHEST H.P./TQ. number we have EVER had with a First Gen. Truck putting down 383/685 on #2 and then 394/725 with a water/methanol! David,......good job buddy, I am very happy for you!

After the dyno event, we all headed over to one of my favorite restaurants,
"HOOTERS", for lunch. On behalf of all the NCDTR #18 Members, I want to SINCERELY THANK Brian Buchanan for buying all of our lunches!! Brian, THANKS AGAIN for doing that for us!

My sincere thanks to EVERYBODY that attended this event! I can't wait for the next event which is the "OBX Drag Race Event" in Creswell, N.C. on Saturday April 5, 2008. Hope to see everyone there!

---------
John_P
Old 03-22-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DANG it sounds like I missed a really good time.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 PM

Looks like you all had a great time..

Sorry I could not make it..I had to go pick up another 1st Gen today
I am also Sorry to say I will be missing April 5th run as I am going to pick up another 1st Gen

But Dang Dave those rumbers are Awesome..
Congrats on a great 1st Gen putting up some NICE numbers..
Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
X2 on having a great time today. A very big thanks to Brian B. again for lunch. Mmmmm Ashley. Thanks to Keegan for arranging it all. Man I feel bad about Friday. I REALLY wanted to see the "Unruly" one unleashed. Thanks to John SR for allowing me the "tune" to try....WOW! Yes, again it was a stock truck. John, where's my 300 hp pull? A real big thanks to the overly patient staff at F.C.S. who almost wrapped it up early, but allowed a guy who took his training wheels off a shot at just getting a hp reading, and ended up getting two good pulls. Man, I can't wait for MATR! Great meeting everyone again today. Anybody get any upskirts of my truck today and could send them to me, I'd be most appreciative.

Chris
Old 03-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ratlratl
X2 on having a great time today. A very big thanks to Brian B. again for lunch. Mmmmm Ashley. Thanks to Keegan for arranging it all. Man I feel bad about Friday. I REALLY wanted to see the "Unruly" one unleashed. Thanks to John SR for allowing me the "tune" to try....WOW! Yes, again it was a stock truck. John, where's my 300 hp pull? A real big thanks to the overly patient staff at F.C.S. who almost wrapped it up early, but allowed a guy who took his training wheels off a shot at just getting a hp reading, and ended up getting two good pulls. Man, I can't wait for MATR! Great meeting everyone again today. Anybody get any upskirts of my truck today and could send them to me, I'd be most appreciative.

Chris
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris:

You are very welcome Sir! I wished I had taken a picture of you when you heard that your truck laid down that 431 H.P.!! And there was also one heck of a pleased look on your face as we left "Foreign Automotive" to head over to "Hooters" and you were "burning rubber" while shifting through the gears!! Glad we got to load the Smarty in there for you Chris!

Sorry about the "typo" on that 300 run. I was looking at that first run on my notebook! I corrected it for you buddy!

--------
John_P
Old 03-22-2008, 08:58 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm still grinning....... I also got home and loaded up the 4.11 "wild" into my box. I'll try it tomorrow to see if it even compares to the level four I got to try.

Chris
Old 03-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's try this again.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Yup,....it worked that time Mike! Thanks!

Mike, I went ahead and physically removed that other post that messed up on you.

---------
John_P
Old 03-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Chapter President

You're welcome, buddy.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Hey John, I looked back at the graph they gave me on that last run. The torque reading was right at 930.73, but the horsepower said 480.96 instead off 400.96. The 8 looked like a zero but then I looked at the graph and it was high in the 400's so I looked closely and it does actually read 480.96. Looks like turning up my low boost setting DID actually work! Glad everyone had a good run today and congrats on everyone's numbers, especially the 1st gen. Hate I couldn't make the Hooters afterwards, just had to get home to help the misses. Hope to see everyone at MATR.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sqrl$$
Hey John, I looked back at the graph they gave me on that last run. The torque reading was right at 930.73, but the horsepower said 480.96 instead off 400.96. The 8 looked like a zero but then I looked at the graph and it was high in the 400's so I looked closely and it does actually read 480.96. Looks like turning up my low boost setting DID actually work! Glad everyone had a good run today and congrats on everyone's numbers, especially the 1st gen. Hate I couldn't make the Hooters afterwards, just had to get home to help the misses. Hope to see everyone at MATR.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No problem at all Tad! I went ahead and corrected it for you.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Chapter President

[IMG][/IMG]

Look at Brian.. You can almost see by his expression what he's thinking..
Old 03-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Chapter President

It was good to meet everyone today. Had a blast, looking forward to OBX. Thanks to Brian for the lunch. He's a sneaky one, you got to watch that boy.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Smile

Just got home, had a great time! Will post the picts and video tomorrow, can't wait to see the video my wife took when BC847 smoked us out! I don't know if you guys noticed but on his last run his exhaust pressure swung a metal door open a bay away from his truck !!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:47 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Mike D
It was good to meet everyone today. Had a blast, looking forward to OBX. Thanks to Brian for the lunch. He's a sneaky one, you got to watch that boy.
And I had to leave early.......

Quick Reply: Greensboro Dyno Day/Aftermath/Results