Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Virginia, How about another Appliance Shoot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
How about a Craftsman riding lawn mower. The engine was working but it has kicked off it's last belt with me. I wonder what the "Big Bore" can do with a running engine from fifty yards or better.

NO! I won't be riding it!

Serious shooters! We can set up a hundred yard range just by moving the table. It would be an opportunity to sight in that varmint rifle!

Looking forward to April 28th
Old 04-05-2007, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a .308 that needs sighted in with the new Leupold VXIII Boone and Crocket on it. Not exactly a varmint rifle, bit would work.

Would be fun to put the mower in gear and see who could kill it before it gets to the other side of the field!!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Hall
I have a .308 that needs sighted in with the new Leupold VXIII Boone and Crocket on it. Not exactly a varmint rifle, bit would work.

Would be fun to put the mower in gear and see who could kill it before it gets to the other side of the field!!
I can do one better than that. I will tie a rope to the steering wheel and let it run in a circle. Just don't set my woods on fire.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still want to shoot some appliances while they're powered up. Ain't far from bringing this POS John Deere GT 235 out there and using it for a target. It's got 78 hours on it and has broken down five times already ($5800.00 worth new). Traded the new Stihl weed eater in on a new one or it definately would have been a target for sure.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
I still want to shoot some appliances while they're powered up. Ain't far from bringing this POS John Deere GT 235 out there and using it for a target. It's got 78 hours on it and has broken down five times already ($5800.00 worth new). Traded the new Stihl weed eater in on a new one or it definately would have been a target for sure.
I got a pile of extention cords. We can put the genset down behind the hill or out in the field well away from an errant shot.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Ok Guys and Gals, it is less than two weeks away, so who's come'n and shoot'n? There will be a large flatbed trailer set up to rest your elbows and shoot'n irons on. I plan on having a portable table sufficient enough to do the longer range sightins and fifteen tons of dirt piled to absorb the rounds. The wood pile is growing so bring your hotdogs and marshmellows if you are hanging around Saturday night.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go, but it is a hike. I have a new to me 30.06 that I would like to know if I can hit the broad side of a barn with.

I will let you know as soon as I do, wish me luck,
Michael
Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by 92DIESEL
I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go, but it is a hike. I have a new to me 30.06 that I would like to know if I can hit the broad side of a barn with.

I will let you know as soon as I do, wish me luck,
Michael
Some flowers would go a long way but, don't go overboard. She may think you did something really dumb.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 PM

I'm envious as I'm back in Canada the land of the shotgun. On Christmas eve of 2004 I was in El Paso Texas visiting my best bud....We grabbed a case of beer, a couple of boxes of Walmart ammo and headed out hunting the great white goods of the desert with a 9mm and semi auto 22. Well after 4 hours of shooting and a few beers the appliance population had been full ventilated and we stunk of gunpowder....On the way back to town we drove through a newly constructed road on the way to some little bario section of town to take some pix....I guess we cut off the deputy in this manouver and he followed us and watched us as we took pictures of some drug dealers mansion on the hill overlooking some slums. He called for back up ....and over the next hour we became well acquainted. The handgun was in a lock box empty and the 22 was unloaded behind the seat...When they asked if we had any weapons or drugs .....I said uuhhhhhh no drugs.....this was followed by the pat down with the hands clipped together. Being Canadian, one mile from the border, and a glowing red terror alert it is a miracle we didn't spend Christmas in jail. Apparently they were looking for us all afternoon as neighbors somewhere in the desert were hearing what sounded like cannon fire ringing off the rocky cliffs we were at. We all had a good laugh and enjoyed a huge Mexican Christmas feast once the gun powder was washed off. HoHoHo.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM

God Bless the home of the brave and the land of the free. It is tales like those that make me swell up and be thankful I still can enjoy freedoms such as these. It is so too often that we, the silent majority, take these gifts for granted. We must remain vigilant to preserve our constitutional rights to enjoy and bear arms for our country. Now come out to Surry County Virginia and excersise your rights.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Hey Boatnik, how old is that Craftsman mower of yours? I just picked up an old Craftsman 1036 riding mower from my in-laws and and it needs some serious tlc to get going again. Going to charge or replace the battery and see if I can get it to turn over...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Bring it to the shoot if you dare. I'm sure that it will get the attention it deserves.

By the way I just had fifteen tons of fill sand added to the back stop.

All large bores welcome!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Well, the Nor'easter came and dumped. Just so I can put any concerns to rest. I drove around and across the field at it's wettest. No problems with four wheel drive and new tires. All kidding aside. The field faired better than the road. I will be dragging a blade over that this weekend so it should be good enough for your mother in law.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 AM

My mother-in law is in a wheel chair, so if she gets stuck, she's yours!!

But I'm probably not that lucky...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang, been a long time since I checked here......

got a few guns that could use shooting....and might even be able to make it

if I can, I could probably bring my GN also, if more 'decking' is needed...just have to see how work is looking

Quick Reply: Virginia, How about another Appliance Shoot?