Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Virginia, How about another Appliance Shoot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dieseldodge
looks like alot of fun. is this open to anybody? (as long as your in a CTD)
Come On Down, or over or whatever. If it ain't got spark plugs, your welcome . Hopefully there will be some weeds growing in the peanut field by then. Right now it is pretty sandy. Some jerk (me) on a four wheeler keeps it stirred up.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM

I don't know if you guys are reading the First gen Forums or not but, my truck is starting to eat up my spare time that I was going to use to set up my gun range . I will have it ready. On time, and safe and functional by April 28. Egt's are tough to tame.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds like a good time I just joined the PA Chapter and am always looking for possible get togethers.I'll keep in touch on this you guys take care and keep on truckin.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a back stop set up yet?
Do you need to lotify local LEO's?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...o=7555&cat=532

We don't need this to happen again......

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...o=7519&cat=532

Just bring plenty of these but drive real s l o w..........

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...2&limit=recent
Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

The truck's not finished so neither is the back stop, but fear not. It will be done. I plan on getting some railroad ties and building a box that I can fill with sand. This way it will be some what portable for later use and landscaping. If that becomes to cumbersome for the time I will put up a large pile of dirt and a couple of boards to hold paper targets for those who wish to sight in there stuff. There is nothing but trees and dirt behind the backstop for about a mile. Safety is my number one concern and it should be everyone else involved.
I have already spoke to half of the neighborhood and she is OK with it. The local Sheriff's Department and my other neighbor will be invited. This way there is no question as to what we are doing.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm also in the Smithfield/Carrollton area, so I might drop by. I have a few guns to bring out that I haven't fired in a while..
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Hall
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm also in the Smithfield/Carrollton area, so I might drop by. I have a few guns to bring out that I haven't fired in a while..
Glad to have you join us. It is a good way to meet your neighbors . I live in Moonfield but, the shoot is in Surry.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should consider getting some 1/4 sticks of dynamite to clearly show when they get hit! I'd love to come, but its a bit of a drive for me. Shoot a few rounds for me though!
-P
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM

Paul, you're only about 30-32 hrs away...minus the stops by the Kansas State Troopers...

My home away from home is Colorado Springs!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, piece of cake! I am all for it. My airplanes are going to fall apart without me though...
-P
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by PaulDaisy
Yeah, piece of cake! I am all for it. My airplanes are going to fall apart without me though...
-P
I was gonna post a funny about quarter sticks of dynomite and planes but nowadays it ain't even cool. Lets just leave the pyrotechnics to the Mythbusters If you can make it in 32 hours, I'll give up a room.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's anything like the last one at Stamey's place, we won't need any additional noise or earth shaking events. I prefer the brown cars stay out on the highway and leave us alone. If the long black cars start showing up, we've got a problem.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:31 PM

You don't think they would know how to find it do you? There reputation isn't great. We Will leave the Brown/Black cars off the guest list for sure. i want to have some fun. Not answer a bunch of guestions.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Here is the plan for that weekend. Friday I will be out there to welcome any early guests and set up the campsite. Saturday morning those with ATV's and Motorcycles ride til you hurt or get hungry. Shooting starts after lunch and goes until we are out of ammo or get bored. Saturday night we light the fire and sit around telling lies or whatever. Sunday morning.........late, clean up the area, ride some more and remember what we said Saturday night . After lunch or whenever, bid a bonvoyage. This is flexible and depends on weather and the individual. The main thing is to have fun and a lot of sociallizing. I don't have a social director so no shuffle board. I am relly looking forward to this and hope to have a great time. If enough ladies decide to show up I will see about a portapotty. If not, there are a lot of trees.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Directions

Coming from Richmond, VA. Head south down 460 until you reach Wakefield, VA. Turn left at the light onto route 31. Where 31 turns abrutly to the left, go straight onto WHite Marsh Rd. (route 617). Follow 617 until you cross the Blackwater River and turn left in about ten yards onto Sexton Road, (route 618). Go about 1/2 to 3/4 miles and you will see three mail boxes on the left. Turn right onto a dirt one lane path in front of the mail boxes. This is Calvary Road but kids keep stealing the sign. I'll stick something out there when the time comes. Stay on the path, don't go through any gates or fence openings, when the road ends you are there. It is about a mile and a half.
Now if you are coming down route 10, turn right onto White Marsh Road,(617) at Bacon's Castle and then left 12 miles later at Sexton Road (618). Now these instructions are for those headed South. If you are coming FROM the South it will be a right turn off 460 and a left turn off route 10. My cell phone number is 757-813-0925. I will put up some signs thursday night the 27th. Looking forward to seeing my old friends and new ones.

Quick Reply: Virginia, How about another Appliance Shoot?