Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

So Cal Chapter #24 New years get together?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Cal Chapter #24 New years get together?

Anyone got any ideas for a beginning of 06 get together. We tried for a December get together, but it fell apart.. Anyone got any ideas? Starbucks, then maybe a drive up the mountain to Lake Arrowhead...
Scott
Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 PM

you should do a dyno day. i bet that would bring out a croud!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:43 PM

Any snow yet?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:52 PM

Well, as of right now, its raining, foggy and 33 degrees, but the possibility of snow is here.. with a vengeance... Lemme see what I can find out about a fairly local dyno.. Not sure on costs yet, but I'll do some looking on my next day off (wednesday)
Scott
Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM

anybody shoot?

i kinda like the idea of a shoot n' clean. i think it would be neat to get together at an informal shooting range out in the stix and spend a day shooting and then haul some crap out of there too, maybe take it to a local dump. i can think of a couple of informal ranges that are totally trashed. it would be fun for peeps with 4x4 trucks, but 2wds could get to these places too.

just a thought.

the mountains sound fun too. its been raining down here in O.C. so im sure there should be some snow up there by now.

dyno day would be awesome but i have a feeling its not exactly cheap.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:17 AM

If you do find a dyno, make sure they can do diesels.
THe last one I tried to dyno my truck and had me on the dyno for over an hour and couldnt get it to work right.
First run showed 425 torque. Second run showed over 700 for torque.
This is a bone stock 05.
I would like to get a reliable base set of numbers.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeepsuck
anybody shoot?

i kinda like the idea of a shoot n' clean. i think it would be neat to get together at an informal shooting range out in the stix and spend a day shooting and then haul some crap out of there too, maybe take it to a local dump. i can think of a couple of informal ranges that are totally trashed. it would be fun for peeps with 4x4 trucks, but 2wds could get to these places too.

just a thought.

the mountains sound fun too. its been raining down here in O.C. so im sure there should be some snow up there by now.

dyno day would be awesome but i have a feeling its not exactly cheap.

Clays or just plinkin'? I'd be up for knockin some clays down....might even put some money down on the second round.....
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Clays or just plinkin'? I'd be up for knockin some clays down....might even put some money down on the second round.....

man i would love to go shoot some skeet but unfortunatly at the moment i am shotgunless.

shoot n' clean would be basically just plinkin'. i usually bring fun stuff to shoot at. play money games with my freinds. every shot in the 10 ring is worth $1. we could bring a clay thrower if thats your thing. i prefer to have a machine throw clays for me

i figure with all these big tuff dodge trucks we could also haul some serious junk outa the precious land we still have to play on.

i guess it would be more of a gun club thing to do, but at least we could all bring a CTD
Old 01-03-2006, 09:56 PM

I think I might have a few toys to bring to a shoot and clean.. )

I might just take you up on the skeet for money cowhand..

If you all don't mind driving a bit there is a Skeet and trap range at the 60 frw and rosmeade blvd. They have trap / skeet/ and an archery range.

I know there used to be a skeet range up in the azusa area somewhere off the 210 frw...

As far as plunking in an open area there is always the open range in santa clarita off san fransquito rd. (if it is still open)..
Old 01-04-2006, 02:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cowhand and Gerry I have a quick $50.00 on my 16 yr old!!! You old Farts do not stand a chance!!! Course neither do I!!! LOL!!

Trap range is just 2 miles from me.

Rick
Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 AM

My uncle owns a nice shooting range about 20 minutes north of Bakesfield.Real nice sporting clay set up.Or any other kind of shooting.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by gerry
I think I might have a few toys to bring to a shoot and clean.. )

I might just take you up on the skeet for money cowhand..

If you all don't mind driving a bit there is a Skeet and trap range at the 60 frw and rosmeade blvd. They have trap / skeet/ and an archery range.

I know there used to be a skeet range up in the azusa area somewhere off the 210 frw...

As far as plunking in an open area there is always the open range in santa clarita off san fransquito rd. (if it is still open)..
The old Pachmayr place, what is it, B&B or something now?
There's a place out this way for clays too, Raahauges, but it's kinda pricey. Last I checked it was like $35 for 50 clays

If someone has a launcher we might could do Santa Clarita....I'll bring a box of clays and share my clay gun with anybody who's lacking....
Old 01-04-2006, 07:02 PM

I have both a 20 and 12 guage remington 1100's For the 12 I have the skeet and modified barrels, for the 20 I have the Skeet and full choke barrels,

Hand guns a few baretta's (one has a laser site), HKP7M13, a little S/W semi 9mm, 2" S/W 38, S/W 357, and a sig 22 revolver plinker, and an old
JC O'higggens 22 bolt action.

Sounda like it could be a fun day...
Old 01-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Im not much of a shooter, but I love watching that stuff.. Id be down for something like that if we could find a good central range... and some cleanup would be good too.. being a 4wheeler, I do care about keeping these types of joints cleaned up...
Scott

Quick Reply: So Cal Chapter #24 New years get together?