Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

So Cal #24 pre-christmas get together?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerry
hey come on out... have someone drive you and your truck out there!!!!!
hey now.. dont encourage the boy. he might try to ask me for a ride! (wink wink nugdge nudge)
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Muted User

hey come on out... have someone drive you and your truck out there!!!!!
Hell, the only person I let drive my truck is myself and my dad (who owned it before I, and who has driven diesels longer than I have existed). In the year I was with my ex, I let her drive it about 3 or 4 times. At least 2 of the times were on road trips that were long and I felt sleepy. If I really wanted to or needed to make this event I would drive myself. It id rarely that I get pulled over or hassled by law enforcement, just the restricted liscense at the moment kills the 60 mi. drive up there at 7 AM.

As for you H2SRDMB, if I really wanted to go out to this event on a non-legal status, I would. As for the legal issues, I can make steak and eggs every freakin day if i wanted. But I dont. Simply dont have time . Gotta be on watch out front for a few minutes (when I could be making breakfast) to watch and make sure the Old Man's powerjoke doesnt explode from a cold start .
Old 11-21-2006, 10:49 PM

Naw Don't chance driving it with a restricted license.. Not worth the consequences if you get caught... That CTD would be awful lonley in impound for the manditory 30 days!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice that you guys are all getting together before Christmas...must be planning on what you are going to get me for a present this year
Old 11-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Muted User

Heck Lary, to be hosest I will be most honored to be able to make it to this event. Between a day of CTD nuts, good food, beer, and advice, I dont know where I would find time to even think of what to get you for Christmas .

Other than that, I am thinking a donation to the site will be what I will give as a Christmas gift, as I have been bad this year and need to give back to santa .

In other news, I will see what is going on with things when the time comes for this event. Perhaps I shall make it, perhaps I shall not.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:57 PM

NikleusX,
I sent you a PM on how to join the so cal chapter my friend. It would be great if we could get you to come out for this, but I would not risk driving with your restricted license...
Scott
Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Nice that you guys are all getting together before Christmas...must be planning on what you are going to get me for a present this year

Ha Ha Ha.... I think it is more like what are you going to get use for Xmas!!

I mean heck we made your site so great.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
uncle lary,

i would like a pony, and a bicycle. and a bowling ball, and a water/meth injection kit. and a transmission. and a BIG Flamethrower for the ford guys

love you always Queeg!

p.s. i really dont want a pony. but i would be cool so i could ride around like John Wayne.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by H2SRDMB
uncle lary,

i would like a pony, and a bicycle. and a bowling ball, and a water/meth injection kit. and a transmission. and a BIG Flamethrower for the ford guys ....
I am sure the transmission would help put some of those ponies and torquies to the ground you roll on a good bit .

As for the flamethrower, spare my dad's ferd, though I can point out many alternatives in my neighborhood alone
Old 11-25-2006, 08:52 PM

You guys are cracking me up here! So, who all is planning on attending this one? I know I will be there.
Scott
Old 11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Muted User

Well I might be able to, though I am already planning on going with H2S to the norcal meet, and I dont want him to have to come and pick me up from where he lives 2 times in the same week... I am pretty much I think 50 miles +- some from him to begin with.

Oh how I cant wait until my restricted liscense is up. I will be able to return to my old life again! (driving a lot, all over the place, for the joy of driving my truck, to meet good people like ya'll, etc.)

-Jeremy
Old 11-25-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by NukleusX
Well I might be able to, though I am already planning on going with H2S to the norcal meet, and I dont want him to have to come and pick me up from where he lives 2 times in the same week... I am pretty much I think 50 miles +- some from him to begin with.

Oh how I cant wait until my restricted liscense is up. I will be able to return to my old life again! (driving a lot, all over the place, for the joy of driving my truck, to meet good people like ya'll, etc.)

-Jeremy

That is until some dirty nasty cop gives you another ticket for excessive smokr or something.. then it is back to restricted... You will have a probation after the restriction is lifted won't you??

Gerry
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dieseljunkie
You guys are cracking me up here! So, who all is planning on attending this one? I know I will be there.
Scott
Hey out there, I am up for this. I work that night but I will give the sleep up to meet everyone. So I will be there!!!!

Jeff
Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Muted User

That is until some dirty nasty cop gives you another ticket for excessive smokr or something.. then it is back to restricted... You will have a probation after the restriction is lifted won't you??

Gerry
Nah never been pulled over for my straight pipe nor my excessive smoke. Did get a letter (pretty sure I have mentioned this before) from the SCCAMD. Darn hippies! Ignorant hippes. Grrrrrr too many hippies around here! I gotta get the hell outta SoCal!

Wether its the hippies who dont like my truck or the yuppies who give me dirty looks, they can all just go away! AHHHHH

Ok Ok back to the topic- I will have probation but it will be a court related thing and not necessarily have to do with the DMV or my driving record. Though if I get pulled over, it is law to state that you are on probation, which means if the cop is a nasty one, he has the right to waste my time and his own (as I do not partake in illicit illegal activities such as drugs) searching my truck and finding nothing. And yes, this has happened before only to my saying "thank you and have a good night mr. deputy" (as we have mainly sherriff around here) then when he walks back to his car, mumbling under my breath "that gosh darned imbicile just wasted my time and his and we both knew it".

Quick Reply: So Cal #24 pre-christmas get together?