Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MNTDR/DTR Annual Dyno day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MNTDR/DTR Annual Dyno day!

When: Saturday October 21st, Starting at 9am.

This is a First come first serve event! Things have worked out in the past where people have swapped in the order. That can be worked out the day of.

Price: $50 a truck for 2 runs back to back. These are clean runs. Brian is the pilot and has done a great job in the past getting consistant numbers. We have also worked with him and learned how to spool larger chargers and twins. He may still need a little "work" on those, but he's willing to try.

Where: Hi Tech Motorsports. This will be the LAST event at this location! They will be moving to a new location the following weekend!
13915 Radium St is the address.

Again I will bring a Grill and charcoal. In years past Bart, Brian and the boys have ordered Pizza, but I wouldn't base my lunch on it. If you'd like to bring something to grill. It will be there.

Dually trucks, You must remove the outside Dual. Not a huge deal, there will be tools available to do so.

If you have a Duramax buddy or a PowerStroke fan that wants to see if they can walk the walk....have them come too.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
Josh
Old 09-27-2006, 09:45 PM

Made it to the first dyno day back in 2003.
Maybe I should get down for the last one at the old shop?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:24 AM

I may have to show up there I would love to get my truck dyno'ed so I can rag it in to the buddys
Old 09-30-2006, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do we get any kind of discount if I wanted to do say 8 good runs.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Looking to do a little tuning on a turbo or two?
You stomped Matt pretty good at Wadena truck pulls so cannot be much to tune.

The only downside to Hi Tech (current facilities) is that lube rack system to stage is very slow. I don't think there will be enough time to make multiple runs if the typical number of trucks want to dyno.

Josh
How many have signed the pre-register list?

BTW, Pre-register is not the run list for Saturday. You run as you sign up... on Saturday.

-John
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM

Dang you guys can't hold off the event a couple more days? I'll just be getting out of my shoulder surgery on the 18th. If all goes well i'll see if I can't make it out there, if not to dyno at least to meet everyone in the Mn area.

Am I reading this correct, were not going to be dyoning our own trucks, someone else is?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Dang you guys can't hold off the event a couple more days? I'll just be getting out of my shoulder surgery on the 18th. If all goes well i'll see if I can't make it out there, if not to dyno at least to meet everyone in the Mn area.

Am I reading this correct, were not going to be dyoning our own trucks, someone else is?
Correct on the dyno driver. Brian from Hi Techis the driver/operator. SOP for most shops.

-John
Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 PM

man i wish i could come sounds like fun but i have a FB game here in bismarck dam well have fun without me and josh the truck is running even better now i've put 370's and a 3kgsk and i'll be getting a new turbo soon so it would be nice to see how it would do but augh well
Old 10-03-2006, 09:20 PM

I took that Saturday off a couple weeks ago, so I know I won't have to work. I just hope I can find the place. Do we have to pay in cash, or do they accept credit/debit cards?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cummins Freak
man i wish i could come sounds like fun but i have a FB game here in bismarck dam well have fun without me and josh the truck is running even better now i've put 370's and a 3kgsk and i'll be getting a new turbo soon so it would be nice to see how it would do but augh well
There's always next spring at Northwood.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 AM

i know and i hope to have trans by then and be able to leave me truck for o rings and hg while its there
Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM

John, I think I got lucky in Wadena. Did the videos I sent you work. If you watch his video you can tell he got out of the clutch to soon. If he would have stayed in the clutch a secong longer and kept the turbos lite he'd of probably kicked my butt. I've got a smaller top turbo now( stock 35). SOOOOOOOOO I'm not sure what to think. I might put the dodgezilla on before dyno day. I had a super 40 on in Wadean. We'll have to see. The stock 35 sure is fun for daily driving.
JJ
Old 10-05-2006, 10:40 PM

The videos came through your email, but playback didn't have enough detail to hear the finer elements.
Matt told me he screwed up and fell under the turbos. Nice guy as he didn't say anything about should have kicked your butt. Just shook his head that he didn't pull what the truck can do down the track.

I'm not sure the payment options at Hi Tech. Easy to find. Just find Highway 10 and go through Anoka to Ramsey and turn north at Sunfish Lake Blvd.

-John
Old 10-06-2006, 06:02 PM

I talked to him after words also, and he told me the same thing. We all know he should have of and would of beat me. He's got a strong truck. I got something in the works for next year though. I've been on the phone a lot lately.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM

Is there a phone number for hi tech? It's in Ramsey, right?

Quick Reply: MNTDR/DTR Annual Dyno day!