Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MNTDR BOMB and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MNTDR BOMB and BBQ

Well guys...after trying to set some things up for a dealership dyno day....and it falling appart...I feel like We are behind with a get together. So...before Diesel Thunder at IRP....Lets get together...have a BOMB and BBQ at my place. We can talk about who is going to IRP, when they are leaving and where they are staying. I know it's comming up fast...but it's what we can do before IRP!

Date: June 11th
Time: 10am till.....whenever....I have a bonfire pit in the back yard we can surely use it.
I will get charcoal, anyone that wants to bring something to grill....We'll crank it up for ya!

I also have a TV and will move both a VCR and a DVD player out to the garage for anyone that wants to throw in a video or bring videos to share.

Directions are easy....take HWY 10 to Ramsey Blvd (located approx half way between Elk River and Anoka) At that intersection go North, you will be turning towards Holiday and Burger King. Go Straight down Ramsey BLVD, you will hit a stop sign. Go through that stop sign. On your right about 200 yards down you will see a gas station. Go past their second entrance and you will see a right turn lane for 151st. Take that right. Go down 2 streets to Kamacite, take a right. Take your first immediate left onto 150th. The 3rd house on the right is mine. Park anywhere in the yard but not on my septic system. (mound system, it's the only "Hill" in my yard)

If you need any special tools, let me know....

Any BOMB's you want to order and install.....let's Get'r'done!

Josh
Old 05-30-2005, 01:28 AM

I would love to get down there for some projects and get the hands dirty, but the 11th is booked.
Mike Adams is getting married.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:03 AM

i'd go to but will still be over seas. hopefully i'll get to enjoy some summer back home this year
Old 06-01-2005, 08:58 PM

Josh you are striking out, but hey I am there..................wanna watch a bus go around the track?....................lol.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:08 AM

Are they doin the buses again that weekend? That would be sweet!

Josh
Old 06-02-2005, 01:51 PM

No, I mean on tape, sorry J/P. That won't happen again till next year since we have the winning bus we were already invited back for next year. So until then lets get together................................things have been slow around the Cities area so far this year. I am hoping after IRP that people get a little more into things. Later, ps I did talk to Aron, he is camping across from the track, so we have all kinds of places to be.............later.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:26 PM

The slow in the cities thing is my fault. I've been a little slow this spring trying to get things together. The other idea I had fell appart. Right now I'm trying to plan as many things as I can.....one for each month...the rest of the summer.

Josh
Old 06-03-2005, 07:35 PM

Slow? Slow?

Josh, before you organized that 2003 KDP party, there was nothing in the Twin Cities for at least 2 years.
I think you are doing a great job.

I was just reminiscing about 2003 and the first dyno day at HiTech Motorsports.

Some rookie named Jim with a stock 01 showed up with family in tow. He was planning to stay stock for a long time and didn’t even dyno the truck.
Funny effect you have on people there Josh.....
“'01 2500 Quad L/B 6 speed 4x4, Edge Drag Comp, FASS, Haisley 8x10 injectors, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog boost and exhaust temp gauges, South Bend Con FE, Fire ringed, AFE Magnum Force, Dakota Digital fuel gauge, plus lots of little extras.”
Old 06-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by Fueling around
Slow? Slow?

Josh, before you organized that 2003 KDP party, there was nothing in the Twin Cities for at least 2 years.
I think you are doing a great job.

I was just reminiscing about 2003 and the first dyno day at HiTech Motorsports.

Some rookie named Jim with a stock 01 showed up with family in tow. He was planning to stay stock for a long time and didn’t even dyno the truck.
Funny effect you have on people there Josh.....

John, Thanx for the compliments! It is nice to go back and remember those times....We have come a long way haven't we... 18 people in my front yard to...around 50 at the Dyno meet at Torque Diesel's former shop last summer.

Ya poor Jim... ... The Family is now a Diesel Family! Hence the Bus Race......

Josh
Old 06-04-2005, 08:23 PM

Hey Hey Hey now, the truck was not stock in '03, well close to it, and I only had half my family with. Ok should I say 4 out of 7, so more than half. Still though, slow, I mean by what had happend last year, we were meeting a lot of people, and seeming to plan a lot more. Even with the bus event and party I really was hoping a few more people could have come out, cause we had a blast!
Ya a long ways from just checking out the sights, maybe meeting some good folk, to building twin turbo's for others and becoming a hp junkie..........................ain't life grand? Josh you are right, the whole family is diesel minded...examples:
1. I have one, and love it.
2. A wife that wants her own, but loves driving mine and racing it.
3. A son that is going into the service to save up money to go to Wyo-Tech and become a diesel mechanic.
4. A daughter that wants a guy that has a Cummins for a boyfriend.
5. Another son that says if it isn't a Cummins it ain't a diesel, and is not afraid to ask power stroke owners, "why do you have a power choker?"
6. Being one son is only 2 he smiles at the fact that my truck makes noise to the point of mimicing the sounds with his toys.
7. Well he is just to young to say anything, he just smiles when he gets in the truck, then the sound puts him to sleep.

So what else could I ask for? Later Jim.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by SpicyJam

4. A daughter that wants a guy that has a Cummins for a boyfriend.

So what else could I ask for?
Well that shouldn't be hard to find!

A guy could ask for many many things......but that always goes to the...you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets full first!

Josh
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Well I didn't have to push to hard, since this is the way it is at home now, not the way I wanted it, but it just eneded up being that way.
BTW J/P I took a good look at your turbo, and you will be happy to know that all is well. Things are still nice and tight, no nicks in the pin wheel, and all is still working like a charm. I replaced a burnt out exhaust gasket, and gave the Luke's Link a turn, this weekend. Now I have a leak, a bad leak, at the vac pump, so I am ordering the seal kit to fix it. Then it is off to change the fluids and filters, and maybe, just maybe I can get to pulling the rear diff out to re-stack the LSD. I also am water jetting the flanges for the 35 twin set-up. Just to keep you informed, I think that is the route I am going to take. I like the 40, but me having a stick, I think it would be too much of a lag pig.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:36 PM

Hey Spicy, it sounds like you own a 40 and want to get rid of it If you are, I am in the market for one to replace my stocker when I add some 370s. Let me know if you are...

Oh yeah, I may be able to help you out with number 4 on your list
Old 06-09-2005, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by SpicyJam ...
5. Another son that says if it isn't a Cummins it ain't a diesel, and is not afraid to ask power stroke owners, "why do you have a power choker?"
7. Well he is just to young to say anything, he just smiles when he gets in the truck, then the sound puts him to sleep.
My 9 yo son can tell me what diesel pickup drives by without lifting his head.

Shortly after i got the Dodge we went on a road trip to Mount Rainier. It turned out foggy and cool so we decided to take a long drive back to West Seattle for supper at Spuds on Puget Sound. My kids slept the entire drive. Longest they ever slept on a road trip.

Jim, sorry I didn' talk with you more at HiTech. I spent way too much time working on those needy guys in the parking lot.

-John
Old 06-10-2005, 06:06 AM

No problem about talking to me, I really didn't know a lot of people then, I was glad I went that year though. Since then I have met some really great guys, and gals. Looking more forward to IRP to meet others this year and get some fresh ideas by what others have done. Always thinking I am..............lol.
As for the 40, where did you hear that? I don't even have one on my truck, I don't even have a set of twins on yet, and I build them. I know where one is at and I will ask to see if he wants to sell it, since it is just sitting on the shelf.
J/P what will you need me to bring out tomorrow, besides brew and food? Also is your truck running yet?

Later Jim.

Quick Reply: MNTDR BOMB and BBQ