Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MN DTR & TDR get together

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshPeters
... please post in here what you have that you may want to part with.
Edited by Admin
Old 09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by F. Flack
Good idea!
Actually it is a BAD idea. This is what we supply you the free classified section for.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:42 AM

Guess since we are meeting this Sunday to get some stuff done, seems we have to keep our parts a secret from ya unless we post them in the right area
I know myself I have a few items as well as a few others from TDR are bringing stuff to have a BOMB and BBQ, Swapmeet . See ya all there Sunday, hope the weather is wrong, well when are they ever right?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Actually it is a BAD idea. This is what we supply you the free classified section for.

Sorry Admin. These items may not want to be shipped. I did not think it was nessissary to deal with a classified ad for something that the person will deal with face to face.

For Anyone that wants to bring things......Sorry DTR will not allow us to post what you would like to bring. Bring it anyway. I'll try to have some way for people to know that you are trying to get rid of something.

Josh
Old 09-18-2005, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to come down in the worst way but I have to work until 7AM and then I have to watch my daughter until the wife gets home from work. Have fun guys.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:25 AM

I'm on the way. I'll be leaving in 15 minutes. be there in about 3 hours depending on traffic. gotta stop and get something for the grill.

diesel is 2.69 here in Winona. gas is 2.55

bentwings
Old 09-18-2005, 07:48 AM

I heading that way too. Ain't leaving till bout 9ish, only takes 15 minutes to get to Ramsey.
Anybody wanna help (teach) a mechanically inclined fella to do the timing dance??
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

For Anyone that wants to bring things...... Bring it anyway. .

Josh
Geez now that makes sense

If you are going to bring the stuff anyway , why would you feel a need to clutter the forums with the stuff in the first place?

No need to make the forums look like a flea market, especially since you are planning on bringing the stuff anyway.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:43 PM

Well if no one is interested in what they are bringing....why bring it. The other thought would be they can then talk to the person...strike a deal in PM's and bring the cash. But hey....You make the rules....We just have to deal with them.

Josh
Old 09-19-2005, 05:57 AM

Geez now that makes sense

If you are going to bring the stuff anyway , why would you feel a need to clutter the forums with the stuff in the first place?

No need to make the forums look like a flea market, especially since you are planning on bringing the stuff anyway.
I agree with Josh, if someone had something that they had posted to get rid of and they are coming to a get together, I sure would like to have the cash in advance, some of the guys feel a little better with cash. Also if there was no intrest, then I could save myself the grief of loading and hauling it for an hour and half to maybe see if someone wants it. Besides now look at the clutter this thread is getting. This would be the 6th post about this, over one guy trying to maybe help someone out, talk about clutter.

Now as far as Sunday, it was nice to meet new people and see some familiar faces. John, was good to see you again, as well as meeting some of the DTR members. I believe I counted 27 trucks, we had 2 swaping injectors, a set of delivery valves put in, a governer spring kit installed, one setting valve lash, and a small welding job on ones exhaust.....I think that was about it.
F. Flack please let me know what you may come up with on your tube, I can make you one if you want, just let me know. See ya guys soon, hint dyno day, later Jim.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by SpicyJam
I agree with Josh, if someone had something that they had posted to get rid of and they are coming to a get together, I sure would like to have the cash in advance, some of the guys feel a little better with cash. Also if there was no intrest, then I could save myself the grief of loading and hauling it for an hour and half to maybe see if someone wants it. Besides now look at the clutter this thread is getting. This would be the 6th post about this, over one guy trying to maybe help someone out, talk about clutter.
Well then you should have put the stuff in the classifieds so that you guys could have looked at it before you went, then you could have talked about it in PM

Come on guys this isn't rocket science
Old 09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SpicyJam,

This has migrated way off topic.
Lary has stated the site rules, the very site rules you agreed to when you joined DTR.
If you have issues with the site rules or with Lary, please keep them in PM.

Please keep this on topic as the side conversation is only taking away from the original post.

Thanks
Rich.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kuntry
I heading that way too. Ain't leaving till bout 9ish, only takes 15 minutes to get to Ramsey.
Anybody wanna help (teach) a mechanically inclined fella to do the timing dance??

Hey Sorry we didn't get to setting your timing! I had to weld SilverRam's exhaust quick before he had to leave.

I came out of the shop and you were gone....Hopefully we can get it set at the dyno day!

As far as "off topic" goes. I think it started here....why not let everyone understand why we can't do this. If we can't have an easily accessible "swap meet" then there is no point in the idea. The Classifieds are nice, but not easy to go through as per day, time, etc. It's not something you can say...Hey these parts will be here on this day.

Example. FFlack had a set of tires that he wanted to get rid of. He did at our meet. He did not want to ship them. Is this really a Classified ad? If someone is going to post..."Hey I'm comming to the meet" Why not add "I'm bringing tires I want to get rid of" as well. I don't think that adds much clutter. The TDR, The Diesel Stop, and The Diesel Place have no issue with this.

Sorry if I've gone outside the box on this one, but if it results in me being Banned....This forum will be loosing quite a bit.

Just my Opinion,
Josh Peters
Old 09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

As far as "off topic" goes. I think it started here....why not let everyone understand why we can't do this. If we can't have an easily accessible "swap meet" then there is no point in the idea. The Classifieds are nice, but not easy to go through as per day, time, etc. It's not something you can say...Hey these parts will be here on this day.

Just my Opinion,
Josh Peters
For sale items are NOT allowed in the forums, that is why we provide you with the free classified section. We don't want the forums looking like a flea market, it makes it too difficult to find the information that the forums are intended to contain.

You can easily do what you wanted to by simply using the classified section in conjunction with the forums. An example would be that each of you going to the meet, post any goodies you want to sell in the classifieds.

All you have to do is look at the classified ads placed by the members who stated in your thread they were going to the meet. That way the forums stay clean of the flea market items, and you guys can talk back and forth in PM all you want.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:35 PM

For sale items are NOT allowed in the forums, that is why we provide you with the free classified section. We don't want the forums looking like a flea market, it makes it too difficult to find the information that the forums are intended to contain.

You can easily do what you wanted to by simply using the classified section in conjunction with the forums. An example would be that each of you going to the meet, post any goodies you want to sell in the classifieds.

All you have to do is look at the classified ads placed by the members who stated in your thread they were going to the meet. That way the forums stay clean of the flea market items, and you guys can talk back and forth in PM all you want.

OK guys....so in other words....Post it in the classifieds...Say you'll bring it to the meet and then post a link to the classified ad so everyone knows what you are bringing. Not exactly simple....but it'll work. No clutter there.

Josh

Quick Reply: MN DTR & TDR get together