Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MN DTR & TDR get together

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MN DTR & TDR get together

Josh Peters scheduled September 18th for a wrench day & get together in Ramsey, MN

Here's the details he posted at TDR (plus my added bit on traveling via I-94)
When: Sept 18th (Sunday) at 10am till......
Where: Blatz/Mach 5 Motors in Ramsey
Directions are EASY!

If you are coming from the Cities....Get on 10 west. (or 169 north, they join in Anoka) It is between Anoka and Elk River on the right side. Just before Ramsey Blvd. There is a Ramsey General Rental just before it and an MGM liquor just after it.

If you are coming from the Beautiful north country....down 169 or 10 They join in Elk River. Watch for Ramsey BLVD, you will be taking a left. Then take a left into the Holiday parking lot. Drive past the station, you will see Fleetwood collision. Follow the parking lot around and you are there. It's pretty easy, but kind of a pain to explain the parking lot situation.

If you drive I-94, take the Monticello exit and travel east to Big Lake. Go south on Hwy-10 to Elk River & then Ramsey.

If you want to BBQ, please bring your own food. I will try to bring my grill and enough charcoal.

We can do some light mechanical, timing, ETC. The hoists we have are not strong enough to lift our trucks. Sorry guys.

Josh
If you have any questions, drop me a PM or email.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:28 AM

Glad to see your heading down, been awhile since I have seen ya, see ya on the 18th, Jim.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 PM

Yep, plan to drive down.

I wanted to go down and see everyone again and had to decide among Pulls at Osceloa, Wrench Day or Dyno Day. Figured wrench day was the best to visit, unless I get lost under the hood of some 12 valve....
Old 08-18-2005, 05:53 PM

Saturday, 12 noon at Mora is a 4x4 pickup & semi pull sponsored by Gene Carda Excavating.
They have a 8,000 lb stock class, but street legal, street mod, & open classes only go to 6,500 lb. Rules are Heartland Truck Pullers.

As long as I'm driving 700 miles for a wrench day, what's a few more to swing by and see a truck pull?

Hopefully Gus Macereth will be there with his wild Dodge.

-John
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 PM

Only 2 weeks to go and this has slid to the 2nd page?

Time to get the wish lists posted for the day's BOMBing
Old 09-03-2005, 05:54 PM

I can't believe the response this thread has gotten. I would have thought more would have replied..........at one time at one of our events we had counted some 75 trucks that came out to play, and I am sure there was more. Nobody has anything they wanted to get done?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I will check the map tonite. Where is it in relation to the Cities?

East or west of them?

this just might be a trip I can make.

Scotty
Old 09-03-2005, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I will check the map tonite. Where is it in relation to the Cities?

East or west of them?

this just might be a trip I can make.

Scotty
Ramsey is NW of Minneapolis on US Hwy-10

Jim
A couple 12 valvers may be looking for timing if someone brings a kit.
I already promised to do (my usual) governor springs.

-John
Old 09-05-2005, 11:18 AM

I should be able to stop by -- after all, it's only 5 miles from home. I currently don't have anything planned for bombs (other than billet shafts), but am interested in seeing what everyone else has done to help me get some ideas.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:49 PM

I am hoping like heck that I can make it. Depends on weather or not I am working then (might get laid-off in a couple weeks). I will know more when the time gets closer.
Tom
Old 09-11-2005, 10:41 PM

A week to go.

From the Friday carnage at Osceola sounds as Josh may be working on a driveshaft..

-John
Old 09-12-2005, 07:29 AM

The Osceola pull was great, Josh's truck is not that bad......I have a shaft he could have had that night, but he said he was OK. Cummins dominated the track Friday night. With only 4 hooks 3 years ago to 22 this year we had a blast. With an 8 gallon keg in the back of my truck, and a couple of 6 foot subs we had just a blast.
Now for this coming weekend, I know a few of us are bringing things to sell. From injectors to some oil at a great price. So far I am just there for support, nothing real major anyone is doing from what I can tell, so we shall see what comes up.
Some of went back the next day and watched the tractor pull, and they had a nice showing also, so all in all our three day event went very well this year. See you guys Sunday.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:48 PM

What was the list of all the carnage? Who took the pull, and how did Andy fry his tranny? I need details
Old 09-12-2005, 05:32 PM

Sorry I'm a little slow guys! I've been trying to get the MNTDR.org site back up and up to date.

I broke the front drive shaft pretty good....a good driveline shop could probably use the good parts and use some new parts to make a new shaft. I'll find out soon.

As a side note...Due to our members always seeming to have parts that they are willing to part with, for our meets, please post in here what you have that you may want to part with. If someone sees something they like....Take care of things in a PM or talk to them the day of the event.

Just another way to improve our group!

Josh
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 PM

I have definite need of a work party.
Trucks is running tough above 2,000 rpm and not something I want to drive that far especially hauling a camper.
I decided to take the Mommy van as the wife won't drive the pickup. She really wants wheels for Saturday while I'm at the pulls in Mora and Sunday to hit Coon Rapids and the huge shopping complex off Hwy 10.

See everyone on Sunday.

-John

Quick Reply: MN DTR & TDR get together