Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Local Chapters: A Year in Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Local Chapters: A Year in Review

Hey guys, just wanted take a minute to share with you the path for the 2005 year.

Taking a look back:
Its been an outstanding year for all of our Local Chapters that make up the National Chapter of DieselTruckResource.
All you have to do is take a look at the Local Chapter Map and see that we will soon be running out of distinguishing colors to denote all of our Local Chapters!
(A minor detail that I’m glad we've encountered).

Awesome job to all of our Local Chapter Presidents and everyone who makes up the outstanding membership of those Chapters!
As stated many times before, one of the purposes of our Local Chapters is to be a physical extension of the forums seen here on DTR. That is to get diesel heads together and have some fun through helping others, sharing experiences, stories, and laughs. Our Local Chapters have done an excellent job at doing just that!

In the past year, we have seen 10 new Local Chapters added to the roster. That’s almost one per month!

Looking back over the past twelve months, it has been busy and exciting for all of our Local Chapters as we count almost 50 Local Chapter get-togethers and events directly tied to our Local Chapters and some 70 events where our Local Chapters had, at least, some participation, recognition, or showing.

Taking a look ahead:
We’re really looking forward to the upcoming year. Its already shaping up to be a great new year with new Local Chapters joining and our current Local Chapters growing in numbers.
I’m also working with several folks in coordinating DTR’s first Official DTR Get Together.
Location and Time is still to be determined, but I’ll be working with vendors, our Local Chapters and many of our Members to make sure this will be a first class event.

Note on Changes:
There are some changes that will be made for the up coming year.

***Chapter Presidents, please take note of the following:***

1) There is a new address for the Natonal Chapter. Please PM me for that mailing address.

2) According to the Chapter Instructions, a monthly mailing was required. This mailing will still be accepted, but no longer required.

3) Chapter Dues will now be due at the first of the year for Local Chapters with more than 120 days seniority. Thus, if you have been a Local Chapter President for more than four (4) months, (Since August), your Local Chapter Dues will be due the first of the year. (Please PM me for that address)

4) I’m also considering a naming change for our Local Chapters to accommodate having multiple Local Chapters in one state.
Let me know what you guys think about this and possibly some ideas for a good naming convention.
I realize many of you have already made T-Shirts, stickers, hats, etc. I understand that a name change may cause troubles regarding money already spent for you Local Chapters. I will take all considerations and ideas.

Thanks again to all of the Local Chapter Presidents and the good members that make those Local Chapters.

Excellent job and we'll be looking forward to great year.

National Chapter President
Rich
Old 12-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks To Texas DTR Members

I'd like to thank all the Texas folks for making 2005 and great year. I'll not try to name them all, but you know who you are.

Let's make 2006 better with more members participating and more "get-togethers".

If some of you strangers would like to see some of the things we do, check out: http://www.riegerweb.com/Nortex_DTR.htm

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to say thanks to everyone that showed up to our get togethers. Without you guys and gals there would be NO Chp #27. I'm looking forward to 2006! I'd like to say thanks to Admin and the Moderators for all your guys help and support, and your ongoing efforts to keep this AWESOME site up and running!

"THANK YOU!"

Tye
Old 12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Chapter President

Wow, Buckshot, you just had to out do me. Sorry, I for forgot to thank Top and Jack for this great site.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Don't be surprised if I make it to one of your Cali meets one of these days. I have a daughter in Malibu. You do allow far right wing, Red Neck, Conservatives, don't you?

Hmmm.....this could be interesting...............
Old 12-26-2005, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
Wow, Buckshot, you just had to out do me. Sorry, I for forgot to thank Top and Jack for this great site.

Sorry!

Originally Posted by crobtex
Don't be surprised if I make it to one of your Cali meets one of these days. I have a daughter in Malibu. You do allow far right wing, Red Neck, Conservatives, don't you?

Hmmm.....this could be interesting...............
What do you think we are?

(Pursonly I purfur HILLBILLY!)
Old 12-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Chapter President

I guess it has something to do with the Cummins.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:46 PM

Rich,
Thanks for all your support in 05, and I plan to make 06 bigger and badder for the So Cal #24 chapter.. It was great getting together with all the guys, and even some of the guys of the #27 chapter! Great times guys, and THANK YOU ALL!
Scott
Old 01-01-2006, 01:10 AM

Was it really a year ago?

When I first bought my truck I obviously had no clue!! I posted this:

1st Diesel Ram

Ok guys this is my first diesel vehicle and I'm not about to screw it up. My previous Ram 1500,Qc, 4x4, dyno'ed 347 hp at rear wheels. Not easy to do running a 318 w/3.55 gears and 32" all terrains!
The IRS said I had to buy new truck this year 2004 or give them 40K
I have a 2005 QC 3500 Laramie 4x4, CTD, 4 spd auto, 4.10's, sunroof, loaded with all the factory options except power pedals and GPS.
I bought the truck on a Tuesday and put it on the road to Yuma from Sacramento on the following Thursday with 570 miles on it.
70 mph, cruise, through the flatlands, over Tehachapi, into the desert. 16.5 mpg average.
I got 16.75 mpg running my 318 over the same trek.
Granted the difference is not all that, but....I want perfection.
I realize that the gear ratio is different 2200 rpm @70mph as compared to 1900 rpm in gasser.
My questions are:
1. Intake or exhaust modifications first ? Which type?
2. Which black box mfg will not void factory warranty?
3. Petroleum or synthetic motor oil, and when? What weight for medium towing 6000lb+ in 100f heat?

Please remember this is a California, (land of fruits and nuts), vehicle so smog laws still apply here.

Wow how time flies!! I owe this site and all of those who choose to participate more than you can imagine!!! Still to this day I check to see if my internet connection is up before starting a project, so that I have immediate help if needed!!

I sincerely appreciate the vast knowledge presented on these Forums and I hope that I have contributed also!

The list is too long to remember for thank yous including the occasional smack in the back of the head (by admin)!!

Thank you all for giving me someplace to call home....................sniff.

Now get to work and lets do something spectacular for 2006!!! And quit your whining!!! LMAO!!! ROFL!!!!!!

Good luck and God Bless you all in 06!

Rick Brown

No.Ca
Chapter#21 President