Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Florida get together At Suncoast converters

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida get together At Suncoast converters

On another site I visit, we are planning a get together at Suncoast converters in Fort Walton Beach, Florida on Febuary 11. They are planning on running Dynos, serving lunch, and giving tours of the facility that weekend. I hope to see a bunch of the Florida, and yes, even the other states too, there. I will post more, and the link too, as I get more info.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM

florida

firestorm
I live in Clermont. Do you ever go to Speedworld or Lakeland drag strip. I would like to get a group or club of CTDs to start going to the track. I am just getting started on Bombing my 97 if I get the transmission done in time I will make the Suncoast meet.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:55 AM

Welcome to the club Dragboat. I actually live in Howey in the Hills. We started to get a Florida chapter of DTR together, that is why I posted about this one. After the first of the year, I could help you get yours up, and if we don't get it goin', then you can ride with me.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:51 PM

OK guys, it is official. Suncoast convertors is having their annual Open House on Saturday, Feb. 11. There will be a dyno set up, lunch served, a tour of their facility, but most of all, a bunch of Dodge CTD trucks. Suncoast is located in Fort Walton Beach, Fl., in the pan handle. After the event, a couple of us make a run over to Pensacola Beach to get a 'Diesel Fuel' drink . A bunch of us get there friday night, go to the event on saturday, party sat. night, and head home on sunday morning. I hope to see a bunch of you guys there. Here is the link to there web site. http://suncoastconverters.com/newsan...ewsevents.html
Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 AM

Hey guys
I live about 15 miles from suncoast, I was planning on going.
Look forward to meeting more CTD owners.
If you need any help with anything around this area. let me know.
Mike
Old 01-05-2006, 11:14 AM

Good to hear that the event is on again. Had a great time the last two years and am working on getting some other guys to make the trip up to Suncoast.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:35 AM

yeah, I'd like to see some good dyno numbers. I work in Orlando but still have a place in Panama City Beach. I'll try to be there, is this just a Dodge/Cummins event or all diesel trucks?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:04 AM

I'd love to go, but dont know. Got a lot of work at the river to do, but we'll see.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:09 AM

it is an all diesel deal. I plan to go also. Gotta see how much my # have improved!
Old 01-06-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Black Dog
I'll try to be there, is this just a Dodge/Cummins event or all diesel trucks?
It's open to all diesels, but the last 2 times I went, there was maybe two non-CTD's there. One them was an employee's.

DR3500 : I hope to see you there. The wife, daughter, and I will be heading up Thursday night. I think it would be neat to have a little, or big, convoy going up there .

ds1rider : Tell your boss, I gave you permission to take that weekend off, so you could go to Suncoast.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
JIT

Nice, I live in Tampa and would love to make the trip! What do they charge to Dyno your truck?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
Nice, I live in Tampa and would love to make the trip! What do they charge to Dyno your truck?
Hope to see ya there. The first year was $60, last year, Suncoast paid for the dynos. Not sure how it is gonna be this year.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:37 PM
DBF

I'm going to sneak over there as well. Gotta dyno with the new injectors and pump timing on my old first-gen. Plus, it's only 40 miles from Panama City Beach.

See ya there, folks. Look for something ugly and then see if it's driving a grey 92 D250.

DBF
Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by mrwaters
Hey guys
I live about 15 miles from suncoast, I was planning on going.
Look forward to meeting more CTD owners.
If you need any help with anything around this area. let me know.
Mike

Looking for a RV park in the area. Something with hookups (30 Amps). I'm thinking the base might be the ticket but unsure how far away it is. Now this may not be a good question but anybody bringing the other half?
She didn't sound very interested so i might get away free or drop her off at the beach.

This is if you will let a Seabee from Kings Bay Georgia invade the beach?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 AM

There is a state park about 15 minutes away, in Destin. My other half, and the 1/4 are coming along. Last year, the wives did there thing while we did our thing. The wife, little one, and I will arriving thursday night, and staying 'till sunday.

Quick Reply: Florida get together At Suncoast converters