Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Florida chapter get together, 2nd try

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida chapter get together, 2nd try

Hey all,

I would like to plan another get together but didn't get a lot of interest about 4 months ago. Thought I'd try again.

I'm up for any/all ideas anywhere as long as it's a weekend.

Jamie
Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Muted User

im game...

location??
Old 07-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Chapter President

I don't have a location yet but I guess a centralized location would be the best.
I will try to keep this thread alive long enough for people to see it. As always, everyone is invited.

Jamie
Old 07-12-2006, 05:32 PM

I might be interested depending on location and time.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 PM

I am interested so long as it is on a weekend so we can travel to the location. My truck, myself and wife will attend if we can. Our youngest plays college football so depending on if its a home game or not will determine if we can attend - but if we can we will be there.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Chapter President

OK this is looking much better than the last time I tried setting something up.

First, we need a place to set up. Parking lot...Field on someone's property... Any ideas. Everyone start beating the bushes to see what you can find and post it here.

Secondly, we need a date. It's not getting any cooler the closer it gets to August!!! Or do we want to wait until late Sept or Oct when it's a little cooler out.

Jamie
Old 07-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Muted User

what kind of gathering are we talking about here. ive got 10 acres of pasture with some giant oaks but dont wanna get myself into something...

jmac shoot me an email @ gary.carvis@tropicana.com and ill git ya my cell#. im out in the middle of nowhere in myakka city. bout 30 mi east of bradenton/sarasota and 30 mi south of plant city/lakeland. probly bout 90 mi so from you in ocala. from crooms anyways. then bout 30 miles no of northport/portcharlotte. lemme know ill see if i can accomodate ya.

sounds like a cool idea. have no idea whatcha get into in one of these though so bear wit me here guys..
Old 07-14-2006, 05:24 PM

Hey I have 30 acres in Old Town Florida - so long as we dont tear up the hay field I would be more than happy to have a gathering. If you want to camp or something like over a Saturday night. Up front we have a cabin with 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen, RV power for about 10 units and RV power out back for about 4 or 5. The back corner field is really set back and private, there's a fire ring, good water and a mile down the road the Swannee River. ATV's are welcome so long as we keep them under control. The sky is really dark at night. So now you have 2 places. Sept - October time frame is real good.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:34 AM

I'm interested
Old 07-19-2006, 08:46 AM

Hey another idea for a get together would be to meet some place we could cruise - like Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Kississimmi, Clearwater Beach, St. Pete Beach or someplace similar. There are a few places over here in Merritt Island (very close to Cocoa Beach, Melbourne etc) that we could get a bunch of trucks together at as a staging area before we cruised.

So come on you East Coasters let's hear from you. Let's make it happen.

JMAC what do we need to do to get it rolling besides get enough people to say that they will attend?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to see more interest this time.
Guys, these "get togethers" are an excellent chance to meet other enthusiasts in/around your area, make new friends, learn new wrench turning tips and technics, and primarily to have fun.
It doesnt take a highly structured event to make this happen. While many do this, it can be had with just a few folks.

If your in the area, step up and get out to these events.

Rich.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 AM

I'll be back in FL the 2nd week of Fl however no truck.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Chapter President

2500 CTD, When will you be in FL?
My vote goes for JHeiser's property. Maybe make it a weekend of camping and dieseling!!

Diesel Daze is right, as far as I'm concerned we've got enough interest to go ahead with the meet. As always everyone's invited, families and friends, even if they don't own a truck, they may like to some day.

I will take the time to get in touch with everyone that came to the last meet. I would like to make up T-Shirts for the meet. I've never done this before but I think I can make it happen.

Jamie
Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM

Thumbs up

We have always been involved with the site members for the other vehicles we own. I was more interested in some type of drag racing, less for car shows.
I say we get something together for the truckers too. Just dont make fun of my "stocker"!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 AM

I would be interested also.

Quick Reply: Florida chapter get together, 2nd try