Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Chapter 7 Appliance shoot on February 5'th or 6'th

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I haven't been able to 'score' any scrap steel plate as of yet.
That doesn't mean I'm not still trying however.
I keep missing contact with the one individual I need to talk to.

Ed
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks Chris for letting us hack off your neighbors. I think that's the most fun I've ever had shooting. Joel, thanks for bringing that arsenal, could you put me in your will for the Scandium 1911? The S&W .500 was a lot of fun, too! My hand doesn't hurt yet, but I'll let you know tomorrow.

It was good to meet everybody and put faces with the names. Count me in on the next one.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note to all users listen to the moderators. Many scary guns. MANY

But it was good times, we even had enough guns to scare the law. Deputy Law that is.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I sure hope to do it again. We'll try for a Saturday next time.

Chris
Old 02-14-2005, 05:44 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I had a great time at the Appliance Recycling meet.
The weather (for February) was fantastic. Temps were in the 50s.
Thanks to Chis Stramey for being a great host again.
Thanks to Joel for bringing the food, and letting us see one of every handgun ever made since cavemen stopped throwing rocks, and letting us send some rounds downrange.
Thanks to the local Sheriff Deputy for being understanding and a good sport.
(we did razz him a bit.......... )
Thanks to all who brought "toys" and targets.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We'll have the next one at the range Chris and I are helping to build outside of Waverly. No one will care if you set off a small nuke out there.
And Dave usually cooks up some good hot food right on a little fire on the ground out there too.
Appreciate Butch and Rick letting me pop some long range stuff too. Pretty heavfy armamanet out there yesterday. Gives new meaning to the term "The right to keep and bear arms" doesn't it?
If any of you all that don't have an FFL and a good supplier for the small stuff I had there, drop me an e-mail and I'll hook you up with someone. joelwilliams1@joimail.com
Looking forward to the next one for sure.
Good to meet our fellow shooters from up north too. Seen a lot of posts but good to finally put faces to names.

(Ed, there was a black chopper circling me on the way home too by the way)

Joel
Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Well, we shot some lead (a lot of lead actually) yesterday till the nosy neighboors called officer Law on us (no really, that was his real name). He said "Cool, have a ball" the first time he was there once he saw we had a good back stop and were shooting down hill anyway, and, we even offered him the chance to shoot some of the arsenal (which was very extensive and wide spread by the way). He was on duty and declined. Well, about two hours later, he came back and politely asked us to stop since there were too many noise calls coming in. We complied with his request and about five minutes later, there were dirt bikes and four wheelers out on the long range so I guess we know who called.

Needless to say, several appliances, including my personal cell phone, don't work real well any more. It was funny, Dennis was walking around with the phone, after we shot it full of holes, saying "can you hear me now"? Chris, who just happened to be following Dennis around un-be-knownced to him, kept saying "NO".

The microwave don't mic, the stereo don't ster, and the ociliscopes don't do what ever whatever it is that they use to do either. We only got to send one jar of Texas Pete into oblivion thanks to my new 454 lever atcion Puma rifle. It pretty much evaporated instantaneously (set it up on top of the back stop this time to minimize the amount of nasal protectant Dennis had to use). Rick won't let me play with his long range stuff any more since I hit the stuff he missed (you gotta shoot with at leat one eye open Rick).

Twas a good time whilst it lasted but we will do it again. Thanks to Butch, I've already got a stash of appliances in inventory for the next one. Keep your eyes open.

Should be a photo album developed real soon.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:03 AM
JKE

Waverly = 7 hrs or ~ 424 miles from Clemson

Bummer - JKE
Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking FUN,,,,,,FUN,,,,, FUN,,,,,

Sorry for not responding sooner,,,, but I called Wifey on the way home from Stamey's and she informed me we were going out to eat for Valetine's Day. After a hardy meal of prime rib and the fixins,,,,,,,,,,, I contracted a very bad case of "Hound Dog" syndrome!

What a fun day! Big thanks to Chris Stamey for providing the shootin range,,,,, even tho we did manage to upset the nieghbors a little,,,,,, (I reckon that's what happens when city folks move to the country,,,,) Chris also set me up with a nice shiny 5" exhaust tip too.
I would also like to thank the Powatan Sheriff who was so decent about dealing with us. Thanks Sheriff Law!

I have set up a Photo Gallery for anyone who took pics and want to post them.
You can find it HERE>>DTR Appliance Shoot #2 I'll be uploading the ones that I took shortly. Just make sure you upload them to the correct category : DTR Appliance Shoot #2 : or the software will automatically put it in your own gallery.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Boy I tell you....the nerve of some people

I had to call the law 3 times before I was finally able to take my 4wheeler out and play with it.

Gee sh sounded like a war reenactment going on over there, not so bad really but having to smell that food cooking on the open fire without an invite ticked me off
Old 02-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
... and about five minutes later, there were dirt bikes and four wheelers out on the long range so I guess we know who called.
Those were the moving targets!!!

~Rob
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Administrator

That's what I said but no one would agree.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hotdram
Those were the moving targets!!!

~Rob
Probably would not have set well with this gentleman.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Administrator

BUSTED...........
Old 02-14-2005, 04:03 PM

I had a great day. Like someone said... everything cooperated but the neighbors

Thanks to Chris for hosting us and thanks for living close and making it so easy for me to attend!

It was great to meet everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again at the next one!

Will

Quick Reply: Chapter 7 Appliance shoot on February 5'th or 6'th