Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Ca bomb and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CASMOKIN
Hey Rick, another meeting--sweet I got the when(27th of Aug.) but where in NoCal? let me know I'll try to make it up. Hey Ill come if your Q'n the tri-tip again. mmmm.

Tom
Hate to rain on your parade, but that's Norco, not Nor Cal. Other end of the state, near Riverside.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
7 hours from us!!! 1way!!!

I'd like to be there but You guys will all have to come out of that valley sooner or later!!!

Cowhand talk to Scott about the all state meet

Rick
Old 08-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Cowhand
Hate to rain on your parade, but that's Norco, not Nor Cal. Other end of the state, near Riverside.
whoops, thanks for the heads up. Hey when are we gonna do something mid way, like Tulare, Fresno somewhere in between? I think it would be cool to get us Norcal and you southern guys together. What do you guys think?

Tom
Old 08-29-2005, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by CASMOKIN
whoops, thanks for the heads up. Hey when are we gonna do something mid way, like Tulare, Fresno somewhere in between? I think it would be cool to get us Norcal and you southern guys together. What do you guys think?

Tom
Tom, I like that idea! How about it, Cali folks?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Rick and I are working on it, its just hard to get a time together that works for both of us, as well as our members of the respective chapters. I need to wait until things calm down for me before I start making any MAJOR travel plans.. Wait till the house closes escrow, and the wedding is over, then I'll start thinking about when/where for an all state meet.
Scott
Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 PM

I think it should be at a Tractor pull somewhere in the middle of the state, I am all for a meet somewhere.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:38 PM

With California nearly 900 miles from top to bottom it seems like it would be a good idea to have a central club started as well. Any volunteers? Shoot even political parties were suggesting dividing the State into three sections. Looks like Arroyo Grande is pretty much smack dab in the middle. Hey BuckshotMckee you out there?

Dusty
Old 08-30-2005, 08:45 AM

Here I am! Sounds good to me. I wonder how many in the area would be interested? Is California big enough for 3 DTR chapters?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 AM

Pretty soon I'm going to be in the process of trying to get the El Dorado County Fair board to bring back sled pulling to the County Fair next year. I think it would be cool to have a meet then if they do bring it back. I'm going to need as much help as possible to get this going, too. What do you guys think?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Sounds good. We have tractor pulls here @ Cal Poly every year and they have a amatuer/street class.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:34 AM

Sure its big enough Tye! I still say you go for it. I'll get in contact with the other member Ive got up at port hueneme, to see if they'd rather join the central CA chapter, if you decide to go forth on it, as it would probably make more sense for them to join up there, as much as Id hate to lose a member, it would be for a good cause. Like I told you earlier, based on where you are at, it wouldn't be impossible for the central ca and so cal chapters to both get together if thats something we wanted to do.
Scott
Old 09-02-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have a couple of guys in the east valley area that can and will give you connections from the coast to the Sierras

Rick
Old 09-02-2005, 05:22 PM

Hey Scott, Rick. I've been talkin to Rich and he just mailed me the paperwork, so as soon as I get it I'll fill it out and get it sent in. Thanks for the support guys.

Tye
Old 09-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Hey Scott, Rick. I've been talkin to Rich and he just mailed me the paperwork, so as soon as I get it I'll fill it out and get it sent in. Thanks for the support guys.

Tye
Tye,
Rick and I were talking about it today over the phone, and it just made too much sense for a mid CA chapter to get started... Just seemed like the right thing to do, and I can't think of a better dude to head it up!
Scott
Old 09-02-2005, 11:13 PM

Thanks Scott. I had a nice talk with Rick today as well. I'm lookin forward too work'n with you guys.
Tye

Quick Reply: Ca bomb and BBQ