Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Any word on Dyno day at Goerend's shop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on Dyno day at Goerend's shop?

Just wondering if there are any possible dates for the charity dyno day down in IA? I've been waiting to head down there and now with the 370's I'm itchin' to run the dyno!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:45 AM

Does he have a chassis dyno? I thought he only hade a tranny dyno.....
Old 07-29-2005, 10:39 PM

Matt, I talked to dave Tuesday, and he said he would like to try to do something towards the end of sept., He needs to get ahold of Aaron to see about getting the dyno down there., he was wondering If I would be willing to get ahold of him., I don't talk to Aaron, as Im not a member of the TDR, so maybe I will see if spicyjam or joshpeters will talk to him about it, but yah, he would like to have it again, he really enjoys seeing all of us down there. yes, cowhand, he does have a chasis dyno,and a tranny dyno, but he gets one from up north to come down and run for the weekend outside. I WILL definitly be there!, The only way I won't be there, is Im dead, or its on my aniversary, and if it is, I will still go!,....... but, I will be dead when I get home!lol I will keeep ya'll posted the best I can, on whats goin on! shawn
Old 07-31-2005, 11:24 AM

With any luck, and the bank doesn't delay any longer, I'll get my truck down to Goerends this coming week to have my tranny rebuilt. It's been a pain not having my truck since the 4th. Plan on getting all three billet shafts so I don't have to worry about future BOMBing plans. I also asked him about putting it onto his chasis dyno after it's done to get a baseline with the Banks Stinger on it. I plan on putting new injectors in it when adjusting the valves sometime over the next 12 months -- then who knows...
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by doodah
yes, cowhand, he does have a chasis dyno,and a tranny dyno, but he gets one from up north to come down and run for the weekend outside.
Wow, didn't know that. Too bad St. Lucas is 1800 miles away.....
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by doodah
Matt, I talked to dave Tuesday, and he said he would like to try to do something towards the end of sept., He needs to get ahold of Aaron to see about getting the dyno down there., he was wondering If I would be willing to get ahold of him., I don't talk to Aaron, as Im not a member of the TDR, so maybe I will see if spicyjam or joshpeters will talk to him about it, but yah, he would like to have it again, he really enjoys seeing all of us down there.
I asked Dave about the Dyno Day when I picked up my truck last Thursday (new tranny works great!). He indicated it was up to Aaron to schedule the date to bring down his dyno. He laughed and said that he would be the last one to know if/when it will be held. Goerend's dyno is not wide enough for the DW 3500's without them needing to remove their outside duals. Aaron's is wide enough to handle everything. Hopefully someone who knows Aaron can contact him and let the rest of us know if/when something is set up.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:24 PM

I talked to jim {SPICYJAM} and he was talking with Aron about this very issue!, Jim said that they where having alot of trouble with the dyno running our trucks and didnt think it was gonna happen, E-mailed me again a day or 2 later and said it might be possible, as Aron was workin his tail off, trying to correct the problem!, so, KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM

That's ironic... Dave indicated he couldn't put my truck on his dyno as he was in the process of updating the (software) on his machine and wasn't able to set it up yet. I was hoping to get a "baseline" before adding any more BOMBs...
Old 08-19-2005, 07:32 AM

After talking with Aron and knowing some of the issues with the dyno, we are really trying to get this together. Daves dyno in his shop is a real pain to get on the way it sits in his place. The Mustang we have access to spits out some pretty high numbers, it does just fine with anything stock, but when you crank some power on it, the numbers go all over. So what we are doing is working with Mustang trying to resolve this issue, they sent us a new software but that has not yet helped the problem yet. So to be fair in charging people money to get false numbers is not at our best intrest...............ya big numbers look cool, but we want to give you the correct numbers for your truck, otherwise it is kind of like a rip off. Aron is coming to my place next week to get his pipe work for his twins done, we will talk more about it then. I will keep ya posted on what happens, I do know that Aron really wants to put another day together, as well as myself.
On a lighter side of things we are planning a dyno day at Hi-tech again this year in Ramsey, MN, thier dyno is a Dyno Jet, we usally have a great turn out and that date is Oct 22nd.
Tonight I am heading to Goerends to drop off a truck so I will be talking to Dave again real soon, I talked to him yesterday, and I know he is up for another dyno day......keep ya posted, Jim.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:44 PM

I guess you ain't cool unless you are down at Goerends! I'm heading down on Monday, gonna be down there at 8AM for a new tranny. The new front drum cured the 3rd gear flareup but still no reverse. I amost dropped a match in the fuel tank after I put it all back together and couldn't back out of the garage But I'm settled down now and have no intentions of burning my truck to the ground. I'll put in a good word for the dyno day while I'm down there. I told Dave I need the truck running to head off to college on Wednesday and he didn't hesitate to offer a new tranny to make sure the problem is fixed before then.

Anybody know what kinda doughnuts they like down there
Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM

Anybody know what kinda doughnuts they like down there
I think as long as they are free Matt, they will eat them down there!! and bring a couple dozen! Sorry to hear about your tranny, but as you see, Dave takes care of his customers right! DANG!! I wish I could have gotten Ironhorse {MATT KOTH} from Desmoines up here, like he said he would, I would have you and Jim both come over to my place on the way to daves for a BS session, while doing my timming on my engine!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:37 AM

Well, I guess I will see Matt at Daves on Monday.... See if Dave can do 2 of these things in one day Maybe I need to find the better doughnuts.....
Old 08-20-2005, 01:41 AM

Shawn, if you can get ahold of some timing tools I could help you bump it up. It sounds like I'll have a couple hours.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:36 PM

NAH! no timming tools here!, Matt Koth was bringin up his. thats alright, he is commin up next saturday to my place to do it. gonna have some other friends around. Gonna have STEAKS AND BEERS!!, so if you or anybody else aint doin nothin special next saturday, come on down! I'll have a cold one or a Hot piece of beef waitin! anyhow, SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK ON MONDAY!!!LOL