Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

Unfortunately, I cant make it either......I was really looking forward to meeting some of you guys...maybe next time/year. Sounds like Im gonna miss a blast....

And, No Im not missing dyno day to go to the Hanna Pro Rodeo
Old 09-28-2003, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lil Dog did not expect to see you puttsing home that early, tried to call on CB but no answer. Enjoyed most of the Dyno day but my leg was very sore and had other things to do (family). Good to see everybody again and thanks to Kevin (PAAL) for a nice BBQ lunch. PK
Old 09-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.Kennedy, I bet I had it turned to PA... : I got sick of some "foriegn" truckers in Cowtown yakin and forgot to switch back.. :-[ Plus I was busy suckin back the Java to keep my lids up..

I bugged out early from the event as it really turned STUPID with the smoke shows. Red Deer boy couldn't be outdone and started running people down in the parking lot trying to do donuts... > I wasn't impressed and let the owner know about it...I hope he got the point. >

Good turnout, but alot of guys there with more Green than Grey matter if you catch my drift. You certainly could tell the serious crowd (DTR, ABC) from the others..

A different venue has arisen from this as Spanky knows the owner of Dynomotive. We may get a good deal, even though his list prices for the day are decent. Also the dyno is operated properly and is ACCURATE....

Still a big thanks to Homestead for getting us all together. The stuff we kept busy on was fun, some parking lot BOMBing and general good conversation.

I haven't had alot of time to get organized, I have a few pics and a few good stories to share.. But that might be a different thread.

Good to see all of you again, and meet some new faces too.

J-eh
Old 09-29-2003, 10:32 AM

I have to agree with Lil Dog the work Homestead did to get it happening is appreciated, for Kevin at PAAL to accommadate the event was was also appreciated. To put people in the back of vehicles being dyno'ed is pending disaster and to allow the patrons to do stupid activities in confined spaces and on public streets will bring negative attention from the constabulary who at present are on our side. If we don't police ourselves respectably they will make sure they we all resent their presence. Safety-1st, Fun 2nd and Stupidity left at home by those who need it. Congrats Farmboy and Red Deer Boy for your input demonstrating unsafe stupidity. PK
Old 09-29-2003, 06:43 PM

The event was OK. I was a little bummed out about the quality of the show especially considering the distances some of our DTR group travelled to get there. I wasn't expecting what went on.

Seeing Red Deer boy get shut down by a number of trucks was worth it though. Prancing in on his high horse and then spending the rest of the day with his tail between his legs was priceless ;D

As we can all agree on, the numbers being passed out were a little out of line from any real world combinations. With just an EZ and 4" exhaust, I made 357 HP and a 1000 ft/lbs!! Something wrong there!

As Lil Dog mentioned above, we were discussing having a playday/test and tune day at Dynomotive. I just happened to stick my nose into his web site and he is shut down until sometime in the spring. The building he was renting was sold and he is not going to look for another place until spring.

All in all, it was good to see everyone again. We are going to have to find a way to get together a little more often than once a year though.

Even had a few guys with diesel trucks ask me today at work where Wildcat Diesel is!!! Good thing the decal was on the rear window!!! You should be hearing from them, Rod.

Jeff
Old 09-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a good time hooking up with folks.
I too was disappointed with the antics of the few that went way too far for safety and common sense.
I promised that if one of those lacking brain power showered my truck with rocks or hit someone while performing an easy 'stand on the brake and the go pedal' display; I would've personally removed them from their truck and introduced them to a new YOGA move...several times. ;D

I put 388 HP and 1098 torque down with an EZ on an 04. The look on DEAD REAR BOYS face was priceless.
I was informed he was thinking he would be top of the HP comp...not very close though.

Kevin and I had a good chat. It was good to hear that he was aware of bridges to be mended and was looking forward to having feedback and input for another show. He was not sure how this would turn out. Thanks to Kevin and staff for the hospitality and dyno use!

Think Kindersley...LOL
Lets just show up and tear up that town.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:22 PM

Hmmmm.....donuts in the parking lot eh? Guess I left just about at the right time then-although maybe I should have hung around to put on a good show smacking golf ***** at Red Deer Boy, Captain Highmoney and the Farmboy's trucks with my new driver! . It was good to see a few familiar faces and catch up on the BS again after 10 months or so. We'll have to try to get together again a little quicker than 10 months from now.....

J
Old 09-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Chapter President

Agreed, 10 months is too long between events. We should start up the way I met Scotty, and thats just for a cup of coffee somewhere close. Alot can be done over coffee, some BS and good company..

We will have to investigate a venue for a "Show" Event with the news of Dynomotive..

I still got a kick out of the snear on Red Deer boy's face :'( when ol Spanky's welding wagon pulled down 40 Hp more than he did. Spanky was hangin off the running boards yelling floor it!!!

I have some pics to upload, all be it pretty lame ones.. Oh Ya I never recorded the final tally on the Dyno. :

Good point by Pat too, and thats during our event at Waterous, we invited the Calgary blue to attend and they did without hesitation. They had as much fun as we did and we both learned something from it. Heck, even one of the Constables put his 6.5 on the dyno.

J-eh
Old 09-30-2003, 11:41 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=Lil Dog link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=105#msg190856 date=1064897644]
both learned something from it. Heck, even one of the Constables put his 6.5 on the dyno.
[/quote]

I remember that. When we made the rule on Sunday that you HAD to perform a burnout with your truck after the dyno run, I was watching him out of my mirror. He didn't do one, and I made mention of the fact when he pulled in beside me. His response was: "Honest to god, I tried. I tried hard."

Good bunch of guys. He actually gave us a contact of the local drag strip to try and get us to do an event out there. Unfortunately that never did work out. I wonder if Scotty still has his card. Maybe we can set something up out there? Race day?

Rod
Old 09-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

All one has to do is call the Calgary Police Truck unit and ask for the old guy.
At least thats what he said to me.

We even had their police truck on the dyno for pix...and...they shook down Rod as a prank [not that I do that much] and he was nervous. :P
Old 09-30-2003, 08:12 PM

I would think that PAAL would put up the #'s on their website, won't they? Who knows I guess?

Talked to a sales rep today whose shop is right across the street from PAAL-he tells me that what we witnessed is common-place for there on Friday afternoons-I guess it just spilled over into Saturday.

J
Old 09-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=JHansen link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=105#msg191181 date=1064970770]
...Talked to a sales rep today whose shop is right across the street from PAAL-he tells me that what we witnessed is common-place for there on Friday afternoons-I guess it just spilled over into Saturday.

J
[/quote]

Now thats scary. :P

I reviewed the Dynomania at PDR, we all should have bombvoy'd to the coast for the weekend. I would have liked to see Jason Burton lay down the 753 RWHP on #2 only. Plus all the numbers posted for the results seem more reasonable with only a few guys above the 400 mark, not everyone who showed up.. :

J-eh
Old 10-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Does this look familiar?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:38 PM

I think you will get a kick out of this!!

Got off work early and did some running around this afternoon. Just so happens, I stopped at PAAL to pick up a jug of additive and got talking to Kevin about the "dyno" day.

I told him it was OK, and everyone had a pretty good time, but were disappointed with the numbers being out to lunch. As expected, Kevin gave the speech that the numbers are within 2 HP of Davenport Racings dyno (another Mustang). I gave him a few examples of the numbers being out.

We had an stone stock 01 Dodge there (can't remember his name, sorry. Friend of Andy's) that did 260 + HP to the wheels meaning he is doing over 300 at the crank. Kevin came back with "If we had taken it down to Davenport, he would have pulled the same number"
I mentioned Tim pounding off 449 with just a Bully Dog box
I brought my truck up with 357HP. I told him to take off the 55-60 HP that the EZ is supposed to give me at the wheels which now puts me theoretically at 300 now. Now factoring in a modest 20% driveline loss, I'm making about 380 HP at the crank with just a 4" exhaust!!!!! Do you see a problem here Kevin?
He stuck to the fact his numbers were right on because they matched another dyno within 2 HP. We went back and forth for about 20 some minutes, I with valid examples of something wrong and all I got was the same answer. I finally told him your dyno is a little loose regardless of the program!!

Then the big clincher came!!! His truck is down at BD-Power getting a transmission put in as well as a set of injectors. I asked him if he dyno'd his truck before he sent it down so we can compare numbers. His D-Max did 651HP on his dyno and 655 on Davenports dyno!!!!! All this with just a box and 4" exhaust!!!! He phoned BD and asked them if they had run his truck yet, 712HP to the wheels. I just laughed my tail off and almost pee'd myself!!!! Point blank told him "NO WAY that is your numbers"
As I was leaving, I asked Kevin "When you ordered your new program from Mustang, did Davenport and BD get in on the deal for a group buy discount?" Never did get an answer!!

Honestly, I have nothing against the guys at PAAL. I more than appreciate what they have done and are doing to make a name for themselves as well as clear up the bad stuff that has gone on there over the years. But I'm thinking someone has to rebuild thier dyno before we can get a reasonably accurate number from it.

Time will tell.

Jeff
Old 10-09-2003, 01:50 PM

I think that if we were to set a true dyno day on a truck dynomometer ie Cat,Cummins or Detroit we would soon find all the shortcomings and false numbers generated. Based on the previous information there is no need for class 8 trucks going up and down the highway as a Duramax will out work a 13-16L engine with better fuel milage and lower initial costs for equipment. I will also bet on a rolling start hill pull (30mph/10000lbs) that the reported dyno numbers would be somewhat smeared in actual truths of physical capability demonstrated as power to the ground. Oh poop their I go again confusing ficticious fun with real life situations, ego busting should be a crime as reality places bullduram and its distibutors in there correct place. Some of these are better than any fish story,my wife just came in with more meds I'll just go back and sit in the corner quietly. PK

Quick Reply: Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys