Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re:Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

[quote author=Dr. Evil link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=30#165136 date=1059454383]
Hey Guys .....As you can see, Im new member and so-called newbie on this forum. I currently have a stock 2001 but would like to see the show anyhow.
[/quote]

Have you met Jason Hanson yet? He lives in Hanna.
If not, go to Hanna Chrysler and ask for Troy in parts [Jason's brother] and he will hook you up. Jason is coming down to Calgary for the show. He checks in on here now and then too.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Scotty, Thanks for the reply.<br><br>Actually, I havent met Jason yet. Im relatively new to Hanna but have likely seen his truck around town.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Shane
Old 07-29-2003, 01:42 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dr. Evil,<br><br>I'm in and around those parts quite a bit as I live just up Hwy 12 in Lacombe.. I &quot;hang out&quot; at some of the compressor plant sites around town.. We could grab a cup-o-jo sometime...<br><br>Watch out for Hansen..LOL <br><br>J-eh
Old 07-29-2003, 07:28 AM

Dog, sounds good. I used to &quot;hang out&quot; the patch myself, although not around Hanna.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:04 PM

hi Guys
Just came across this thread....home for me is actually Priddis (just S.W. of Calgary near Kaninaskis) and I'm planning on relocating back home in November from Dallas TX. Couple of Q's for any of the Calgary based folk:
1. any recommendations for dealers for service in Calgary? I picked up my truck through a broker so need to source a good place for warranty work (eg. rattling clutch disk...). Most dealers I've found down here in JR land don't have the heavy equipment (or experience) to handle a 1-ton diesel...no kidding.
2. any recommendations on 4x4 shops that do work on our trucks? (and/or give good discounts on accessories). There will always be some more kit that I want to add...

I haven't been back home for a few years although I did drop by long enough to buy a Canadian truck and drive it down here...it will be good to be home.

Feel free to PM me as public talk on this might be taboo...
Old 08-04-2003, 08:12 PM

Hey Steve,

We'll be glad to have ya back in Alberta...You'll be just in time for winter to set in....you'll have to be sure and bundle up after living in Dallas.

Sorry I cant really offer you any info. on dealers or shops. The one thing I do know is that parts and goodies are a whole lot cheaper down there due to the poor performance of the Canadian dollar.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:03 PM

I've never had a problem with getting service done at Cochrane Dodge.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Chapter President

I have heard alot of good things about Cochrane Dodge, both for service and for sales.. I have yet to find a competent dealer in Calgary. I have had some run ins at both Renfrew and Varsity..

J-eh
Old 08-05-2003, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the dealer tips....one last question - anyone know where to buy Delvac 1 (aka Mobil 1 5w40) in the Calgary area? I like the idea of a low pour point come winter months especially if you can't find a plug in ... and I'd expect to be parking outside as we can't fit our rig's in most parking garages (my cap adds another 4 inches). XOM's web site listed a Husky truck stop, but I'd suspect other places exist.
I was on holidays in Minnesota and picked up a case for about $22/gal which seams to be the going rate .... I can get it on the web, but shipping the stuff doesn't make sense if I can pick it up locally.
Looking forward to ski season already...it's 103F down here.
Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 07:43 AM

Conventional 15W40 Delvac is available at Walmart (in Edmonton at least) for about $13.00 (4 litres). They also carry the regular full synthetic Mobile 1 5W50 for abound $28 (4 litres). Not sure about the Delvac ! synthetic though.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:34 PM

my mom gets here mobil devlac 5w40 full synthetic from the walmart in flin flon ........if that dinky little one carries it I'm sure the bigger ones in calgary must

most husky truck stops are devlac dealers too I believe ..........
Old 08-05-2003, 09:41 PM

I know this is gonna sound crazy...but,

Ive got a line on a sweet truck in the US. Its a grocery getter part time tow rig for an older couple. Its a 2000 SLT with only 30 thou kms with a jake. They are asking a very reasonable price even with the exchange factored in. Is anyone familiar with importing a vehicle from the US???. Is is simply a matter of paying the G.S.T. ?? If any of you guys know Id sure appreciate a response. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Dr. Evil link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=45#msg168736 date=1060137674]
I know this is gonna sound crazy...but,

Ive got a line on a sweet truck in the US. Its a grocery getter part time tow rig for an older couple. Its a 2000 SLT with only 30 thou kms with a jake. They are asking a very reasonable price even with the exchange factored in. Is anyone familiar with importing a vehicle from the US???. Is is simply a matter of paying the G.S.T. ?? If any of you guys know Id sure appreciate a response. Thanks a lot.

[/quote]

You might want to call Canada Customs as they change the regs often.
You might need an import certification from the manufacturer that it complies to Canadian safety and emissions.
There is an excise tax of $100.00 for the AC.
You mentioned KMS on the truck...did you mean miles?
After you get the truck cleared you will get a document [I think its the K-22] to use with your paperwork for registering and of course you will have to get it inspected and present the title to assure the province and country its not a salvage title vehicle.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:45 AM

Thanks Scotty....I appreciate the info.

I talked to the owner tonight and I did have a little misinformation on the truck...

It has 36 k miles on it. Of course now he wants more than the original price - so will try to find out what it takes to import a vehicle and decide if its worth it.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=Steve034x4 link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=45#msg168375 date=1060086663]
Thanks for the dealer tips....one last question - anyone know where to buy Delvac 1 (aka Mobil 1 5w40) in the Calgary area? I like the idea of a low pour point come winter months especially if you can't find a plug in ... and I'd expect to be parking outside as we can't fit our rig's in most parking garages (my cap adds another 4 inches). XOM's web site listed a Husky truck stop, but I'd suspect other places exist.
I was on holidays in Minnesota and picked up a case for about $22/gal which seams to be the going rate .... I can get it on the web, but shipping the stuff doesn't make sense if I can pick it up locally.
Looking forward to ski season already...it's 103F down here.
Steve
[/quote]

For winter oil I use Esso oil XD3 0W40. Its a semi synthic blend and goes for just over $3 a litre/quart. I am sorta partial to Esso oil. I have run it in all my trucks since I can remember..

J-eh

Quick Reply: Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys