Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys

It's not a Scotty!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:26 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

Mark pretty much nailed it on the head.<br><br>Sorry, I didn't mean to poke fun at your choice of airboxes, and you'll find a pile of threads in the forums here that will be more descriptive than what I am about to write. I don't like open filter elements on a truck as you have 0 directed airflow. You are expecting the turbocharger to pull air for itself, whereas a ram air system will do some or all of the delivery chores for the turbo. Your turbo will run more efficiently, and your EGTs will be lower as the power levels increase. At least on the 03s, the open filters won't be grabbing as much underhood air as they did on the 02 and unders.<br><br>Rod
Old 06-28-2003, 10:14 PM

OK Guys, it's a done deal. PAAL is having their dyno day on the 27th of September. Kevin will get me the particulars and I will post them here as they are recieved.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:19 AM

Looks like I checked back in here at just the right time. I believe Sept. 27 is even my weekend off......assuming the Cloud isn't totally sacked out by then-and still in my possession-I will be there! I haven't strapped down since the big upgrade last fall-should be a whisker over 400 now-not quite up to Scotty power levels but it'll have to do... . Maybe I'll have to do one more injector swap before then-Rodney old buddy, got any of DonM's magic injectors kicking around there? Strictly to put on a good show for Scott's old pal from Red Deer you understand.....<br><br>Jason
Old 06-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I might get 'my pal and yours' a T-shirt...

I AM FROM DEAD REAR, I MEAN RED DEER

;D

I will be there in a green yugo looking to do a dyno launch thru the shop.

I also got a call from Animal Control, yes about Rod and BaaaAAabs. It appears that there is now off-spring from the happy couple. Stay tuned for the lovely photos.

Old 07-04-2003, 03:07 PM

There is enough advanced warning that I might be able to make it as well. I'm from BC but I am inviting myself anyways.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swampy, you are basically in Alberta anyway.. : You would always be welcome.<br><br><br>BTW Whats wrong with RED DEER? Heck I'm only 20K up the road..&gt;LOL... :-*<br><br>J-eh
Old 07-04-2003, 04:31 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=JHansen link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=15#154630 date=1056892760]<br>Maybe I'll have to do one more injector swap before then-Rodney old buddy, got any of DonM's magic injectors kicking around there? Strictly to put on a good show for Scott's old pal from Red Deer you understand.....<br>[/quote]<br><br>Good golly. Is it really Jake? I thought maybe you had gotten lost chasing little white spheroids around with a weighted stick.<br><br>I think we could scare up a _mild_ set of injectors for you to play with. <br><br>Rod
Old 07-07-2003, 11:34 AM

Swamp, come a day early (prior to Sept 27) and we'll try and tune your truck a little. Talk to you later, Marc.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:04 PM

Marc,<br><br> It is my regular weekend off so this plan just might fall together. I already got the OK : to go from Mrs Swamp Donkey so I will contact you for a little tinkerin on the old goat.<br><br> Is the Mustang dyno the one that is fairly easy on a truck or is it the one that powers ya right down and makes your truck cry uncle?????
Old 07-09-2003, 08:19 AM

Yeah, Rod old buddy, I still pop in every once in a while-although I keep a lower profile than I used to alright......<br><br>John, from what I saw last time I was at PAAL the Mustang doesn't hit the truck near as hard as Waterous's dyno-that one definitely makes the old girls cry..... I dunno how PAAL has it programmed now though-but I don't think it'll be too bad. In fact I would wager enough HP will overpower the tire-to-roller contact before anything bad could happen.<br><br>Jason<br>
Old 07-09-2003, 06:32 PM

PAAL's Mustang dyno is easy on your truck. It doesn't hit hard at all. I've been to 3 of their dyno days and haven't seen a broken truck yet. Some of the bigger power trucks do spin on the rollers though. Just have to tighten the tie downs a little more.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustang Inertia dynos are inherently &quot;easier&quot; on your rig than a load dyno. <br>With the Mustang you are trying to accelerate as hard and fast as possible. The Superflow at Waterous is made to bring you down from full speed to find the load that you can carry on the road. <br><br>Typically guys that can peg the Mustang dyno, melt down on the Superflow.<br><br>The Superflow is a real test of what power you can use on the road, the Mustang is sort of an instantaneous load point finder. If you can sustain your power on the Superflow, you can use it on the highway.<br><br>J-eh
Old 07-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Lil Dog link=board=12;threadid=16321;start=15#158893 date=1057950957]<br>Mustang Inertia dynos are inherently &quot;easier&quot; on your rig than a load dyno. <br>With the Mustang you are trying to accelerate as hard and fast as possible. The Superflow at Waterous is made to bring you down from full speed to find the load that you can carry on the road. <br><br>Typically guys that can peg the Mustang dyno, melt down on the Superflow.<br><br>The Superflow is a real test of what power you can use on the road, the Mustang is sort of an instantaneous load point finder. If you can sustain your power on the Superflow, you can use it on the highway.<br><br>J-eh<br>[/quote]<br><br>My lil truck handled the super flow fine. ;D
Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 PM

Scotty or Rod<br><br>Are you guys by chance bringing any product? Namely Scotty Air's? I have a guy down here I work with that is very interested in a unit for his 03.<br><br>Jeff

Quick Reply: Alberta & Saskatchewan Boys