Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Boys

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know GW and I were talking about a dyno day last spring at McWynnes in Olds.

Well that sucks that it was officially cancelled. Sorry I had to bail out on you guys..

What do we do about another meet? Is there some time that works better for most or are we all planning on holidays?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was better we cancelled it here before anyone hit the road and found out they were the only one to show up.

My weekends are pretty much open. I spent my holidays working down at the coast.

Let's start the process over again and someone throw out a date or something.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2006, 06:03 PM

I looked on the Long range forecast for December 3 is supposed to be -31"C I know thats a little warm for a meet but how about then

I'll keep you guys informed as to when the dyno in olds is up and more importantly when quite a few trucks have been on with out taking out a wall , Albert did say he would put on a dyno day for us and even supply the beef on a bun if we had 8-10 trucks, he will have a dyno day during his BD appreciation day in the fall, Homestead I have a BD jacket you can wear when you come

J
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Wear a BD jacket? That will be the day!!! I'm waiting for everything BD to die on my truck.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Homestead
Wear a BD jacket? That will be the day!!! I'm waiting for everything BD to die on my truck.

Jeff
Did you get all the coffee out of your keyboard after you spit it all out while reading my post You don't obvouisly want to get your picture taken with "Big daddy" Brian Roth then...........
Old 07-10-2006, 09:50 PM

I will make the Olds dyno day. My friend said that when they removed the dyno from BD an Abbotsford, they just cut all the wires. When he went to reconnect there was not enough info on all the wiring. Then he contacted Mustang and they sent him the schematics for the wrong dyno. 2 or 4 roller. Anyways he is just getting Mustang to send him the whole new wire bundle so there won't be any splicing. Another week or two. LOL
Old 07-10-2006, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Ray, what's the word on your truck?

We could try for mid August sometime.We are taking the 5er back to Ontario for a couple of weeks last week of July first week of August so i'm good after that.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy, looks like a BD party!!! Between Razor67, Homestead and Greenworks, we could have a good ol' time... I think I still have a BD hat from that show Scotty put on a few years back...

Looks like August is best for most with holidays and such. I wonder if the original member of the ABC group, Scotty,could make it out? He has been going through alot of changes and needs a good ol' BS session and a brew..
Old 07-11-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey
I will make the Olds dyno day. My friend said that when they removed the dyno from BD an Abbotsford, they just cut all the wires. When he went to reconnect there was not enough info on all the wiring. Then he contacted Mustang and they sent him the schematics for the wrong dyno. 2 or 4 roller. Anyways he is just getting Mustang to send him the whole new wire bundle so there won't be any splicing. Another week or two. LOL
The dyno In Olds is actually the old dyno from BD in calgary, which was a joke shop they just caused trouble and ****** people off.... well more than normal for a BD rep, suprisingnly BD has done decent with me, I have broke alot of there parts but between Albert in Olds at Mckynnes and me yelling on the phone most things where fixed, but I install everything I buy so until Razor had his problems I though Albert was running a decent shop, still feel bad about that whole mess up .

I like the way South bend (peter) and Piers (harry is good) operate, I have good luck with them both on warranty issues, come to think of it I may have broke or had issues every peice I put on my truck

Lets see 4 BD comp boxes, 2 super b turbos, 1 X-monitor, slippy SB OFE, BD Lift pump Kit , Sounds like that christmas song with the pear tree

J
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
The Guru

Greenworks, how much is Albert charging for a run on the dyno? I have a new set of DDP 250 injector that I would like to get a run on and compare them to my macher's.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Greenworks, how much is Albert charging for a run on the dyno? I have a new set of DDP 250 injector that I would like to get a run on and compare them to my macher's.
not sure he isn't up runnning yet to the best of my knowledge
Old 07-15-2006, 10:50 PM

How's about the last weekend in August (26-27)? I'm starting school on the 28th, so I know I won't be out of town that weekend. And the weather might be half decent. Could figure out a dyno day for that weekend. Hopefully, I'll have a new clutch by then and will be able to make a run or two.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 AM

Talked to Albert yesterday he said he is waiting for one part on the dyno to get it up, and he mentioned that a dyno run would be around $100 , I assume a dyno day would be cheaper a truck bu this price would be if you just booked a time.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tate
How's about the last weekend in August (26-27)? I'm starting school on the 28th, so I know I won't be out of town that weekend. And the weather might be half decent. Could figure out a dyno day for that weekend. Hopefully, I'll have a new clutch by then and will be able to make a run or two.
Why not just meet at the NADP AUGUST BLACKOUT??

http://www.aab.nadp.ca/
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM

Anyone????

Quick Reply: Alberta Boys