Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Boys

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, Im curious whos coming as well. It will be kind of hard for me to swing it but if there are a bunch of guys coming out - Ill be there.

So, who's still onboard?:
Old 07-07-2006, 04:31 PM

Sounds like there isnt going to be many people/trucks there. Starting to make me reconsider. My dirt bike needs some lovin' and my new tach came in the mail today. Plus I was hoping to get out and do a bit of target shooting.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:54 PM

So who's coming, If no ones going to be there I don't want to hang out by myself
Old 07-07-2006, 06:17 PM

Nadp

I don't know what you fellas had for an experience with NAPD and Barry, and I won't tell you you are wrong. But. I don't know if you've been to the place, but they are swamped in there. I've been in there and had a few chat's with Barry and Craig and Fester, and I can say Barry has talked my out of spending money as well. It was money I was willing to spend, but didn't really need to. (Strange for a salesman) They are also serving Ford and Chev customers so their knowledge base is quite broad, and with the 10000 questions I've throw at them, the BS meter hasn't ever really wiggled off zero. I'd have to say I've even learned a few things from Craig and Fester there, and Barry. No, I don't work for them, and one time I was really hosed off with them when their FASS pump deliveries were interupted and they had to take numbers to hand the pumps out fairly. (first come first served) I had to wait three weeks, but that wasn't thier fault. I'm certainly not saying the sun shines out of thier buts, but I can relate to a guy who is asked the same stupid questions over and over again, day after day. The crap they put up with on the phone would probably drive Gandi into a murderous rampage. There are several way to build your truck. Stock, Stock Plus, Towing, Towing King of the Hill, Stop Light Special, Weekend Drag King and Mega Ultra Super Pro Nitro so unstreet legal it will make your momma blush. They can probably help you get to where you want to go, but they probably have everyone and their dog telling them how they should do it, and they are guy's who don't know the difference between the box end and the open end of a combination wrench or why they are connected by that bright shinny thing in the middle. (Darn I should be their PR Guy HEHE) Sorry for the here, and I'm not saying you are wrong, but my experiences with them have bee mostly positive. I give em 7 out of 10, maybe even 8. Just trying to be diplomatic.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Razor67
So who's coming, If no ones going to be there I don't want to hang out by myself
Thats what I was thinking....please post if youre going to show up guys

I believe McKee and Von Trapp are out.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah we are out, my wife has the day off which is a rare occurance for a weekend.Paul was going to ride up with me if i was going.Besdies it's suppossed to hit 31* on sunday and monday
Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 PM

I'm thinking we should just call this one a bust.

I can go either way, attend or not, it makes no difference to me.

But I think to be fair to Ray and not waste his time for a few trucks that "might" show up, I think we should start thinking about another meet down the road and just call this one off.

I have the option to work the weekend so I'm going to do that. Factor me out of the equation guys.

Jeff
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM

Dam,I was looking forward to being at my second get together in 7 or 8 mths and what happens we run out of diesel.Oh well.Family comes first,then work,then play.Maybe we should order up some cold weather.
Ray,I can still make it on Sunday,but if we don`t get more trucks ,then I to will bow out gracefully Thanks for your patience with us Ray.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:38 AM

Well, I guess this Donkey is staying home. Anyways my best friend in Olds is doing the electrical for the new diesel performance shop there. He said it is the mustang dyno from BD in Abbotsford. Should have it up and running in another week or two. Don't quote me on this but I am thinking he would be having some kind of dyno day. I told my buddy I will make that one no matter what or when it is. I have a flexible cross-shift. My wife had big plans while I would be gone....... girls night out. Now I have to go to a dinner and movie with her tommorow as punishment for not going on my manly weekend. I also get to miss the UFC live fights on pay per view while at some movie. GAH!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:29 AM

" a week or two" that sucker has been under a tarp outside for over a year
Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 AM

I am sure my buddy said it is mounted in the floor. LOL The joys of the internet and 3rd or 4th hand info!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:35 PM

Alright, let's call it off. Maybe we can plan one in a couple of weeks.
Ray
Old 07-08-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Razor67
Maybe we can plan one in a couple of weeks.
Sounds good. Thanks Ray.

Hey, I could show up and hang out but Im sure you have better things to do
Old 07-08-2006, 05:59 PM

Thanks Ray!!

Better to cancel now than be standing in your shop with nobody showing up on Sunday.

Appreciate the offers of the use of your place!!

Jeff
Old 07-09-2006, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey
I am sure my buddy said it is mounted in the floor. LOL The joys of the internet and 3rd or 4th hand info!
It may be on but I assume that there will be some fixing and setup that will take a while after the outside exposure. Either way it will be fun to have a dyno 3 blocks from my house

Quick Reply: Alberta Boys