Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Boys

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I see thats its on the 8, where abouts in Red Deer is this takin place.?
vj
Old 06-17-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure just yet, but keep checking in it will get posted.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:04 AM
The Guru

Hey, any of you guys looking for a medium sized set of twins and honkin set of injectors? I also have a hogged out PDR stage 2 head for sale. I'm going try a maxed out 12v with a bigger set of twins. It would be a shame to have this stuff just sitting in my garage. I also have a spare head for a 24v available if anyone is interested. Where is this meet at? I would like to see if my truck can still make power before I rip it apart.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 PM

Mike unless your looking to burn donuts at razor's shop, which ray may have issues with, thier is no dyno or anything. Just a good ol' BS session, only this time we don't have to talk loud to get heard over the chatter of teeth, unless it's raining McKwynnes has their dyno shop building built but I don't think the dyno is anywhere near put together, you'll have to hit a shop in Calgary to verify.. PM about the twins price ya never know I may bite.

Its to bad there is no where near the shop to light up some rubber as I have to put new tires on the ol girl before I head back the Sask in August, It would be nice to light them up with a bunch of guys to enjoy it.....

J
Old 06-18-2006, 05:44 PM
The Guru

Where is the shop and when are we planning on meeting? I can probably find time to hang out with everyone. I was pretty down, as I thought that I hurt my motor when I went camping. Pulling a 30ft (10000lbs) with mach 6ers is not a smart idea. I just ripped off the top turbo and found that I had lost the back two bolts of my ATS manifold. Now its all sweet music, no more clanky clank. The truck is even quieter. I forgot how hard this thing pulls. I thought that my injection pump was on its way out, but it was only exhaust leaks. We can kick turbos at Red Deer. I hate being bored, so a sweet set of new twins would be great. Now I just have a fuel leak to deal with.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:34 PM

Hey all I see there has been some progress on a gtg date. Just got back from a week long motorcycle ride out to B.C.
It would work much better for me if we could have it on the 9th but if that doesn't work for you all thats fine we could have it on the 8th at our shop.
As far as my truck is concered the head is off and has been sent away for inspection so I don't know whats happening with it as of yet.

And if you all want to do smoke shows out in front of the place thats fine with me but no donuts. oh and when the cops show up I don't know ya.
Ray
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM

well it looks like im ou of the question for now. i start my new job on the 5th and will not be home until the 13th or so. sorry guys, i was hoping to make it. just lay a good layer of black for me and i will make it up next time im home.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
The Guru

Dodge bomber, where about in Airdrie do you live? I live in the Canals area. We should hook up and see who can do the longest burnout.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

I can measure the burnouts for you two. I am in the canals also.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pipes
I can measure the burnouts for you two. I am in the canals also.
I am looking more for people to hold my camera and digital video camera, couldn't care less how long I go. But I am not one for stunting in town or tight areas so we will see.......

edit: found a little spot on the way home from work last night to see if the old girl could still turn em over before I make a fool of myself at the meet if I decide to.... may have to switch the fronts for the backs being I ate a wee bit of rubber off I couldn't tell which cloud was cooler the black one or the white tire smoke one

J
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
The Guru

I'm the dude running the white 02 3/4 quad cab with no hub caps. I got them stolen the last time I was at the zoo parking lot. I live in 44 canoe road just by the canal. Stop by sometime. So guys are we getting together on the 8th?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:53 PM

Was going to ask the same question..

We are on for the 8th right?

Jeff
Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 PM

It sounds like the meet is on the 8th? Where is it going to be though?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good to me, a few of the guys from dr are coming on the 8th as well. Ray said it was alright to meet at his place again, he usually prefers us to show up around noon or so. He has a map to his place in his profile ( razor67).
I can show off my shiny new head and 215's should have my 3k gsk in as well by then.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Hold The Phone!!!!!

Important UPDATE...

Gentlemen,

I was just on the phone with Ray and we have a schedule conflict for a location if we are to meet on the Saturday July 8 date. Ray has other commitments with regard to business for that day so his shop will not be available as a meeting location for that day.

There is a 100 ft shootout race in Rimbey (about 30 min North West of Red Deer) on main street. Its a side-by-side 100ft race in main street Rimbey and Ray has to cover the event for his magazine "Thru The Windshield" and very well may be racing his Mustang. There are trials at 11:00 and racing at 2:00pm if any are interested.

So the decision is to either find another location point for July the 8th or move the meet to Sunday the 9th. Ray said to me that if we meet on the 9th, his shop is available.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Alberta Boys