Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Boys

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their Alive!

As always I am in, but my trucks been at the tranny shop for 2 weeks. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Ray
Old 06-05-2006, 05:22 PM

I'd like to go to a meeting. Seems like there is no one around me that are even remotely into BOMBing/diesels.

Lets set something up for July, I'm busy this whole month with school.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey NSP,

Whats your 20?? We can have the event anywhere either more north or south.

Razor,

Tranny shop?? Did Crazy Larry eat your tranny?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 PM

Lil Dog,

I'm in the Edmonton area.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Chapter President

Thanks NSP.. We usually have met at Razors's shop in Red Deer..
Old 06-08-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what is going on. Any Alberta meet. Some how and some way I am going to get to one of these. So lets have some dates.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:25 PM

How about the July 8-9 weekend?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Chapter President

I can make time there I think.. I will have to confirm.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Well it's out of the tranny shop now but when he was road testing it it appeared the head gasket blew so I towed it down to the dealer and it now appears the motor has an internal crack somewhere filling the crankcase with anti freeze. waiting to hear what's going to happen now. It wasn't Crazzy larry, when I first bought the truck I installed the x monitor and the tranny was running about 160 degrees and then with about 7000 kms it jumped up to over 200. I took it into the dealer and they told me the tranny was fine and that everything was normal. changed out a few thing thinking I could resolve it but no so I tought that maybe they really did know what they were talking about. Until the tranny craped out at 65000 kms. cooked it real good and now the problems with the motor. I am just a little worried right now.
Ray
Old 06-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MDKram
How about the July 8-9 weekend?
Sounds good to me.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Razor67
Well it's out of the tranny shop now but when he was road testing it it appeared the head gasket blew so I towed it down to the dealer and it now appears the motor has an internal crack somewhere filling the crankcase with anti freeze. waiting to hear what's going to happen now. It wasn't Crazzy larry, when I first bought the truck I installed the x monitor and the tranny was running about 160 degrees and then with about 7000 kms it jumped up to over 200. I took it into the dealer and they told me the tranny was fine and that everything was normal. changed out a few thing thinking I could resolve it but no so I tought that maybe they really did know what they were talking about. Until the tranny craped out at 65000 kms. cooked it real good and now the problems with the motor. I am just a little worried right now.
Ray
Ray I hope everything works out ... I guess warranty is out of the question?

July 8/9 should be fine for me from where I stand now,unless we book in a big tournanment along with the couple of little ones during that weekend. We hosted the Alberta Open qualifier today and it **** poured on the poor guys all day, they looked like a bunch of drowned rats .

J
Old 06-09-2006, 07:51 PM

The weekend of the the 8th/9th works for me.

I might have a truck coming out of Lethbridge depending on the actual date. He's a new to him CTD owner, 97 12 valve. Wants to see what's involved in turning it up a bit. I figures there would be a couple of guys there that might now something about doing it.

I'm down at the coast June 18 to 24, give or take. Might have to stick my nose in to PDR and see if I can spend a few $$$.

Also have a new fuel pump thing happening I'd like to throw past you guys. Been beating it around for awhile now, looks very promising so far.

Jeff
Old 06-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

Hello all.

Well I am going to make it this time for one of these events. I need to buy Homestead a tim's coffee or something for introducing me to this website around 2 years ago in Cochrane. I just purcashed a mega cab that we could pick apart, work was going so good that we had to expand and buy another truck,aww shucks. July 8-9 works well for me. On a side note I would be launching from Aridrie. We will bring both trucks, I think my father-in -law would love to be apart of this as well.

Pipes
Old 06-10-2006, 08:13 PM

i should be able to come, depending on weather i have my truck done or not, i need to get the oil anylasis(cant spell) to see if the old injector is screwed. But we will see, Where r u thinking about doing this?? I'm from airdrie and would probably head up with tate. We will see who wins to red deer. haha, i to might have to see if i can get a clutch by next week if i plan to do anything. but im will definatly be in. holidays start on the 5th so it works out perfect.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:47 AM

So what's the scoop?

It seems we have agreed on the 8th or 9th of July, which day? I'm good for either one. I have a few trucks from out of town waiting for a date so they can make the trip.

I'm heading down to the coast for a week, leaving around the 17/18th of this month and back on the 25th.

I will be hitting PDR sometime during that week. If anyone needs anything picked up, I'll haul it back for you. Make the arrangements with PDR so all I have to do is load it and go.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Alberta Boys