Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris, You can add me to the list.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris, unless something changes, I probably WILL NOT be dynoing my truck. I thought I was going to be able to, in one of my previous posts, but with taking off last Saturday, I doubt I'm going to have the extra money. BUT, I will still be there watching everybody else lay down some impressive #'s
Old 04-09-2006, 05:16 PM

We can get started at 9:00 if that's OK with you all.
Me a Ford guy, YEP!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:37 PM

Goodys1ton 1
Dodgezilla 1
Timva 2
Dad 1
Tiger Rag 1
papasmurf 2/1
John_P 1/1
Banshee 1/1
Masonic-dodge 1
Brett 03 Cobra 1
Tom 06 Charger 1
Mike D 1

Now you diesel guys must be nice to the spark plug fired engine guys they just haven't seen the light yet. Just kidding Tom and Wayne and I am sure that Brett are all fine folks, just poking fun.
I will offer the same as last year, if you break your truck I can load it up on our goose neck, you pay for fuel and I will haul you home. Only warning if you are someone who can not stop talking you maybe put in your truck up on the trailer out of my ear shot. Just kidding.
The offer is there if needed. Of course I may want a few pictures, or not

See Ya
Chris
Old 04-09-2006, 08:45 PM

Green hornet1986 and everyone else

This is a relaxed, shoot the bull if you want, sit in your truck if you want type of event. This is a good chance to look under the hoods of some of the trucks in our area and see what they are running. I don't think I have met a diesel truck guy yet that won't open the hood and show off the stuff he has done to his truck. The truck puller guys are somewhat touchy on this tho.

The main goal of this event is to come out and enjoy each others company.

I read in a previous post something about no replacement for displacement, that maybe true for the folks that relay on sparkplugs, but I think my little six cylinder will lay down higher horse power/torque numbers than you your gasser. Remember it is all in good fun. The Hemi guys have much to be learned.
Great hearing from you
See Ya
Chris
Old 04-10-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I MIGHT bring that old 440 gasser crew cab so you boys don't forget the cardinal rule----There is no replacement for displacement !!!

Papa, Are you refering to this quote?? While I know if I hung a set of twin turbo's on this truck I would easily knock down over 1000 HP. Been done before. If you do the mods to an 8.3 Cummins that we do to our 5.9's it will make a bunch more power---soley based on DISPLACEMENT.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Mcmopar
I wasn't looking at it that way but yes you are 100% right on the money.
So do you need any help installing the twin tubos on that big ole 440?

Shoot I might even put my truck on the dyno, it hasn't spun the rollers in about a year now.
Just curious anyone looking for a TST pm3 for a 2001? Pm me if you are, I am thinking water injection and a new clutch so I can start making some serious torqe. Maybe different injectors, lots of stuff pending.

See Ya
Chris
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My son loves that old truck and have been toying with that idea for a few years now!! When I do decide to start it I would love some help. Hanging the turbo's is not a problem, the custom headers might be. With the advent of the EFI for the 440's the difficulties of turbo's went way down. I never have liked the blow-through carb thing, they never seem to be real "streetable" IMO.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 PM

I'm hoping I might be able to make it to this one. Its just a week after Mopars at the Rock, but looks like too much fun to miss out on.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Hello
Just finished watching Pinks I thought it was sorta lame. We have better races at our local race track. Stuffing a t shirt in to stop a leak. OK

I talked to the man who runs the track once again and we are all set.
Prices $10 to get in and watch.
$25 to run in the bracket races.
He also metioned grudge races not sure what he meant I will call him back and find out more information.

The gates open at 4:00 Warm ups and all and then at 8:00 they start the bracket racing.

The fella said he would do as they have in the past and call up the diesel trucks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
See Ya
Chris
Old 04-13-2006, 10:31 AM

Papa Smurf - Don't forget meeeeeeeeeee and my leaky little truck! I'll be coming down Saturday morning.

Dyno for sure, and if I can get off my butt and install the posi-lok, I'll run it down the strip, too.

Oh, and don't look under the front bumper.. there's a little surprise for inattentive minivan drivers hidden under there..
Old 04-13-2006, 08:30 PM

Hello
We are off to Fl the morning of the 14th, we will be running down I95 south in a dirty blue 2500 I will have the CB on so if you see me give me a shout. Leigh Ann will probably be sleeping in the side seat.
We'll be back some time on the 17th.
Got to get going.
See Ya
Chris
Old 04-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Well, we had a good and bad weekend at the Rock, but mostly good. We had great weather but it was a little hot. My temp gauge in the truck was reading mid-90's. I don't know whether it was quite that hot, but it was hot. I think it kept times on the track down a little, but there were a lot of good consistent runs.......as long as the trucks were locked on 4x4.....lol Chris. Man, I've got some great burnout video! I had a great time watching all the fast Mopars, but especially the fast diesel truck spewing thick black clouds. The Porterfield's almost didn't break anything.....

And, well, after everyone else was gone, we almost didn't break anything else. Mike and I were the only 2 who stayed the night and I had declared last run. I was stuck in the mid-15's on my truck and was tired. Mike and I launched and I thougt to my self, doggone, I beat Mike on the launch (he usually had 5 lengths right off the bat on me) and then I saw headlights in the mirrors. Well, lets just say that John P left too early with that nice red trailer. Mike broke an output shaft. I came around and pulled him out of the way. We called John P and he was gracious enough to come back this morning and carry Mike's truck up to Raleigh to Phils (McMopar) place for a quick swap. Thank you John for that! Last I heard is that they had it changed out already and were going for a test ride. Reportedly a billet shaft will be on its way in the near future . I think Mike would still say that he had a good time since he was consistently running mid 13's except for maybe the heat of the day. I'll let him confirm that though.

Anyway, a great time, and a good warm up for the Jacksonville event. Look forward to seeing everyone again and those that didn't make it this weekend.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Matt:

Great picture and excellent story on the weekend! What a crew that is in THAT picture! I think I need to dye my mustache!

I should have told you to start a new thread on this but no problem there!
"Mopar at the Rock" was fun and interesting, no doubt about that! Man,..... Johnner and I have REALLY had some bad luck there and now we can add Mike D. to that list! But,........ I am happy to report that we got his truck towed up to Phil's house alright and Phil very graciously took time out of his Easter Sunday to fix that broken output shaft. Thanks Phil! I spoke to Mike about an hour ago and he was headed home with no problems. My trailer definitely came in handy and I will probably bring it to "Coastal Plains Dragway" next weekend with the hope that noone will need it!

------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW,.....I beat two more Dodge Viper SRT-10 Pickup Trucks, namely, a 2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 4 door pickup with the automatic transmission and later in the day another 2005 Dodge SRT-10 single cab pickup, 6speed which was stock. As Matt said, our 1/4 mile times were slower than last year by about 3-4 tenths due the high heat and humidity. Last year the temperature was about 55 degrees and this year is was above ninety (90) degrees! Quite a difference!

--------
John_P
Old 04-16-2006, 08:48 PM

When pulling the spare tire and tailgate aren't enough weight savings try dropping your whole exhaust system! We laughed about that exhaust on the trailer all the way home

Quick Reply: 4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06