Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I need to figure how to get that 6 speed down the track without it looking like amateur hour like someone else I've heard about !
Hello
That sounds like me. It don't bother me in the least, I have fun in my own world. I have it in my sig.

See Ya
Chris
Old 03-14-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are SOOOOO bumming me out, I just found out that the conference for work is the week of this event and I won't get home until Sat. evening!

But please enjoy and take some video's. John_P, are you racing the 96? Mike D, I want to see low 13's or high 12's!!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
You guys are SOOOOO bumming me out, I just found out that the conference for work is the week of this event and I won't get home until Sat. evening!

But please enjoy and take some video's. John_P, are you racing the 96? Mike D, I want to see low 13's or high 12's!!

What the heck? Surely your company can reschedule the conference around our event! Hopefully, you'll still be able to make it to the ROCK and watch John spank some Viper hiney!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
Hello
That sounds like me. It don't bother me in the least, I have fun in my own world. I have it in my sig.

See Ya
Chris
No, not you Chris. I think the comment originally came from John P and yes it was face to face. First drag race (for this person who remains nameless) went up in smoke on the line. No traction. I'll say this, I think his post is right above this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm likely to be worse unless I get some practice in. I've thought about going to Farmington to practice on their 1/8 mile on Sundays, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Looks like amateur hour will be coming again on the 22nd in Jacksonville................
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Chapter President

Yeah that was me... I tried to launch in two-wheel drive on my first run after an injector install. That was a no no... It probably looked cool though!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
What the heck? Surely your company can reschedule the conference around our event! Hopefully, you'll still be able to make it to the ROCK and watch John spank some Viper hiney!!!

Yea, always the same weekend-every year- Some day my grey matter might remember!!

I am expecting to see BOTH of you spank a Viper Hauler!! Remember---Shafts don't break until you hit 25lbs. of boost---So that means 24.9 is OKAY!!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 PM

Any word yet on price of dyno?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Greenhornet:

As I recall, Wayne was charging $50.00 for two dyno runs.

-------
John_P
Old 03-16-2006, 01:21 PM

Thanks John, thats what I thought, just making sure. I SHOULD be able to make it down there, I've already asked off for that weekend.
-Chad
Old 03-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Mrs Smurf here,

Really looking forward to April 22nd. Finally had a chance to play today at Coastal Plains Dragway Park. Didnt' break 14.0 sec but came pretty close, 14.146 sec. Looks like Chris will have to buy me a pusher pump if I want to keep playing, 0 lbs for fuel pressure wasn't good on the last two rounds. I guess that would make it my anniversary present! Maybe a little birdie will drop it off while I am out floating in the big blue pond for two weeks in April.

Another great event in the making. I will have to help long distance until a couple days before the event when we get off ship. Have we come up with a flyer yet? I can look up some other flyer and send it out. I have a week before I am out on ship.

Leigh
Old 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM

This may be a long shot, but does anybody thats going know anything about cbs? I have a little bit older cobra 29 that I need to get right. If not, dont worry about it, I kinda need to take it to a cb shop anyhow.
-Chad
Old 03-20-2006, 02:34 PM

Any good hotels there guys and gals? I am coming to hang out. But I need to book a room.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Hired Gun
Any good hotels there guys and gals? I am coming to hang out. But I need to book a room.

Hang out or get on the rollers?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:29 PM

Hello
Glad to hear from you Hired Gun.
I will have to arrive late so I can make sure I don't park close to either yours or John_Ps "SHOW ROOM CLEAN TRUCKS".

I just read my wife's post, sure is tuff having a wife that likes diesel trucks as much I do.
Time for me to figure out which fuel system to get on the way, maybe I'll just go ahead and upgrade the injectors while I have the truck apart who knows.

I was reading somewhere and there is a Duramax out there that can do a wheelie when it shifts. Just kidding trying to pull Top's leg. Are you out there lurking in the shadows with your fire chief helmet on?

See Ya
Chris
Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jared:

I am in the process of compiling a list of hotels for you guys, hopefully with better rates than normal. I will get it posted way before the event. Glad to hear you might be able to make it down.

-------
John_P

Quick Reply: 4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06