Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

"I was just trying to stir something up."

Matt I guess I have to ask you if that "something" was or is directed at me??

-----------
Mike:

Going back stock??? Are you nuts?? I'll beleive when that when I see it!

-------
John_P
Old 03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John, Shoot I couldn't go back to stock if I wanted too. I'm addicted and I need an intervention. I was going to ask you to help dry me out, but I figured you would just reach for a bigger needle...
Old 03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Mike:

Yeah buddy that's what I thought! And by the way,..........I love that statement "I was going to ask you to help dry me out, but I figured you would just reach for a bigger needle!"

------
John_P
Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a drug,alcohol or chemical addition there is a place for you to go to get help. Now knowing that, where do you go or what do you do for a horsepower addition???? I've asked many of my customers this question and nobody has the answer.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Good point Wayne!

--------
John_P
Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Mrs Smurf here. Figured I would try to post something in between watches while we are invading Norfolk for 2 1/2 weeks.

Looking forward to the Dyno and most important event the Drag Racing! I haven't had time to run my good running stock truck down the track since last year.

I have been passing the word to those folks with Diesels up here in Norfolk on the Naval Base and down at Camp Lejeune.

Looking forward to seeing every one in a few weeks. I will be out floating around until the week prior to the event.

Take care,
Leigh
Old 03-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Good to see ya got some free time Leigh,,,,

Originally Posted by Mrs Smurf
Looking forward to the Dyno and most important event the Drag Racing!
I will warn everybody down in my neck of the woods NOT to play with the lady in the Big White Duallie,,,,,, ,,,,, and I'm not going to play unless ya spot me about ten truck lengths.

Originally Posted by Mrs Smurf
I haven't had time to run my good running stock truck down the track since last year.
You really need to stop hanging around with that guy in the blue truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you're starting to sound just like him! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good running stock truck my eye!,,,,,,,
Old 03-11-2006, 08:50 PM

Hello
I believe that it is a VERY strong running stock truck

I would like to get a idea of how many trucks are going to dyno, Depending on the number I may need to talk to Wayne about dynoing some of the local folks on friday evening.
Here is Wayne's web site www.waynesdyno.net
Sorry I'm not smart enough to make it a link

I will start the count with two trucks, for the dyno a bone stock 2500 and a VERY strong running stock 3500.

Papasmurf 2

I figure I will dyno Geoffrey's truck for him while he is going through Marine Corps boot camp. ( PM me if you want his address) I have a feeling that soon after his return I will be talking to Tim The Tranny Man.

That's about it for me.
See Ya
Chris
Old 03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Leigh:

Good to hear from you! We are all looking forward to seeing what that big white duallie diesel can do in the quarter mile on the 22nd! I am going to try and get that guy with the Dodge Viper Ram Pickup Quad Cab to come back so you pick on him again!

-------
Chris:

I know for sure that both Johnner and I will both be getting on the dyno so add us to the list.

1.) PapaSmurf-2
2.) John_P and banshee-2

-------
John_P
Old 03-11-2006, 11:58 PM

I THINK I can make it to this one, I've got a truck pull back home that night, but its still feasible I hope. I'm gonna TRY to take off the whole day, who knows though, that is right around exam time. I'd like to dyno a baseline on my 03 just to see what improvements I make over time. Just depends on how much it is and how much money I've got on me at the time. Mapquest says its only ~69 miles from Greenville, so I'll probably leave here early, but will have to leave there around 1 or 2 to get back home to the truck pulling track(I'm not pulling, but I think some of my friends are, gotta be there in case something breaks on them).

-Chad
Old 03-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by John_P

"I was just trying to stir something up."

Matt I guess I have to ask you if that "something" was or is directed at me??

John_P
John, no, not directed at you at all.....but since I have your attention, I thought I'd mention I have a Banks item in my possesion and I may need an intervention as well.......I'm afraid if I install it, I may actually lose horsepower , actually it is the same piece Johnner has on his truck, got a package deal on "Some New Stuff" , and actually I may need to talk to Johnner about some of it. I need to figure how to get that 6 speed down the track without it looking like amateur hour like someone else I've heard about ! I'll try and give you a ring in the near future.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Matt:

Thanks for the reply.

Mike D. said you had some questions about your truck. Just give me a call anytime, in the evening is usually best. I can P.M. my numbers to you or Mike can give them to you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

-------
John_P
Old 03-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

John P

Thanks for the call last night, its always great to here from you If you get me a oil return line I'll get it to fit right by the 22nd, becauce I want to see you post some monster #s, and I know it will Maybe around 565hp with those hugh injectors

YOUR GREAT FRIEND CRIS The low HP JOHN P want to FLAME RED 05

CRIS
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Cris:

Yeah, thanks again for letting us try that 64! I am in the process of ordering a new 02' 24 valve turbo metal oil return line and will get up with you when it arrives.

Hey,.....I don't think you will be "the low H.P. John_P" for long, as knowing you like I do, you will be up there with Johnner, Tim and a few others here shortly!

Thanks again for everything though Cris!

-------
John_P
Old 03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, , I hate I gotta miss this one. That's life at a zoomie plant though. All social life comes to a halt when you shut down here. Could be the million and a half dollars a day they are losing I guess.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06