Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banshee
When pulling the spare tire and tailgate aren't enough weight savings try dropping your whole exhaust system! We laughed about that exhaust on the trailer all the way home
hehehehe, that kills me. Johnner, I've got some great video of one of your runs that I didn't notice until Mikey pointed it out last night. One of your runs you were in the near lane to the grand stand I was videoing from. There was a lady watching you and she had her arm forward and rammed it backwards demonstating to the crowd how you were rowing that 6 speed gearbox down the track. I wish I knew how to post video link or even email it but it's not an mpeg clip, it is on digital video tape. I'll have to figure it out and email you.

Oh, by the way, since I threw Mikey under the bus on breaking his shaft (I knew he wouldn't mind), I'll do the same to me. I was delayed getting back to Mike because I ran out fuel at the end of the track....... , now that embarrassing ! Thought my VP died and I was panicked thinking we had 2 dead truck. Finally got my fuel pressure back after changing tanks and off I went.

By the way, I don't think I saw a gasser beat a diesel all day......good thing I didn't race a gasser......I would have hated to ruin the record.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, I'm home at last! Man, what a weekend. It's late, but I just got to say it's good to have friends like John P, Phil (McMopar) and Matt (TigerRag). I was drifting in a ocean with no land in sight. These guys went the extra extra mile to help a guy in need. Words will never do justice to how much I think of these guys. I don't know what I've done to deserve these good friends/diesel brothers, but I hope I keep on doing it.

John, I know you didn't want any public fan fare over this deal, but I'm going to say a BIG THANKS BUDDY! anyway. This world is a better place for having you in it.

Phil, I can't thank you enough either for helping me get back home. I won't forget it.

Your Friend
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
John, Mike,

I know you would do the same for me!! I'd like to say my pleasure---but pleasureable would have been sitting down drinking a bear talking about billet shafts for a running truck , so I will say---Anytime!!!

I was just happy to have you back on the road. John, my friend, you too go way above and beyond!! Glad to have you two in the "family".
Old 04-17-2006, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag

By the way, I don't think I saw a gasser beat a diesel all day......good thing I didn't race a gasser......I would have hated to ruin the record.
Hate to say it, but I think Chris lost to a gasser when he did that 600ft burnout!!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:52 PM

What kind of pressures were you launching at when the output broke?

The weather doesn't look too promising for this weekend... Better than last year, but not sunny and warm!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

I just want to make something clear, there was another diesel truck that lost to a gasser. All I'm going to say is that it was a black 6 speed

CRIS
Old 04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Eskimo
What kind of pressures were you launching at when the output broke?

The weather doesn't look too promising for this weekend... Better than last year, but not sunny and warm!

Let just say it was probably wasn't under 10 psi.. I think it flashed up to around 18 psi when it went. I had Smarty on 9 and TST on 8.. It was going to be my first run on #8, never happened.

Tim said he would bring a couple extra output shaft in case I break another one. He said he could change it out in the parking lot. All I had to do was buy beer... So bring on the cool air!!! Lets crack off some 12's!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Hate to say it, but I think Chris lost to a gasser when he did that 600ft burnout!!
Ooooh, forgot about that. Thought that was another diesel. But man, Cris really got style points for that.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

Mike

I'll be right there with you or maybe just in front of you .do you want me to bring another output with me so you can break more then one in Jville

CRIS
Old 04-17-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Let just say it was probably wasn't under 10 psi.. I think it flashed up to around 18 psi when it went. I had Smarty on 9 and TST on 8.. It was going to be my first run on #8, never happened.

Tim said he would bring a couple extra output shaft in case I break another one. He said he could change it out in the parking lot. All I had to do was buy beer... So bring on the cool air!!! Lets crack off some 12's!!!
Dang, that is sac right there. I'd have put mine on moth ***** to only see the front side of a trailer ever again. I guess I'm a chicken though.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Chapter President

Funny real funny. You just wait until I can launch at 35 psi!! (i hope tim reads this)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Mike

If tim reads that you will get a phone call just like I did when I did that 30lbs launch. It was not a very nice call either

CRIS
Old 04-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Dang, that is sac right there. I'd have put mine on moth ***** to only see the front side of a trailer ever again. I guess I'm a chicken though.
I thought you liked the taste of CANDY instead of chicken..
Old 04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Mike

So are you going to buy all of us CANDY and CHICKEN on Saturday, thats very nice of you. I know we will all enjoy it!

CRIS
Old 04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
Mike

If tim reads that you will get a phone call just like I did when I did that 30lbs launch. It was not a very nice call either

CRIS
You told me that 30# was no good so you bumped it up to 35 to get better 60' times? I had no idea Tim was telling you to launch less than 30 psi..

Quick Reply: 4th Annual NC Dyno/Drag Racing Day-4/22/06