MDDTR #33 Forum for the Maryland chapter #33

Wrenchin day 12-30

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!! They were looking for that too. I guess there were to many to keep up with and one got away.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 AM

well scoots only worried about the wrenches and pliers..hey how does the truck sound. Was it worth shortenin our lifes
Old 12-31-2007, 06:17 AM

The exhaust sounds great, makes the seats vibrate when lugging along in overdrive, was even better getting on it in the tunnel , very much worth the life shortening partical inhalation.
I didn't notice the light under the truck until I walked around the truck when I got home. I don't know if people were staring because of the exhaust or the little light glowing from underneath . If I had a couple more of those lights and some spinner rims I would have been just like those little imports.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 AM

Was that a wrenchin day or new year party, musta been both.

Thats a nice shop Scott, I`m sure I`ll forget most of your names, but it was great meeting you all.

wayne
Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 AM

BTW, thanks to all the guys that helped out on my truck. I totally had no intentions of doing anything to my truck by driving up but nothing was going on and we were just standing around drinking and looking at each other soooo....I asked if anybody wanted to swiss cheese an air box, next thing I know Travis is pulling his old exhaust over, the cat. is getting gutted and Leonard is sneaking his EZ into the engine bay . Truck is running great, really gets up and goes and people can hear me doing it . This is me driving around now
Old 12-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

thanks to all the guys that helped out on my truckTruck is running great, really gets up and goes
ditto, if it wasnt raining i might know how well it really works, but i do know i can spin my new tread through 4th at about 55 mph. Im very glad dave was there i would have never known that my tensioner assembly and clutch fan was going out until my truck overheated and the altenator would have been in pieces. So thank you Dave and Scott for helping out and letting a bunch power addiciteds tear your shop and "LUNGS" up.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 AM

Had a great time helping out on the shiny new exhaust for Sunir, and the fun we had with Todd's truck as well. Was a good time for all I'm sure. Special thanks again to Scotte and Jeanine for all they do, they are the heart of this chapter and what keeps it going so strongly! My son had fun being my designated driver on the way home as well, even taught him how not to accelerate around a corner in the rain (I think he's still cleaning his drawers out).
Old 12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Banned

WOW!!!!!!....
What can I say that hasn't been said.I was impressed with the "Cave" and how well its hid,especially being its so close to Rte 1.After I drove past it,not once but twice,I had to have Ernie redirect me into there,LOL.

Anyway,Thanks to the gracious hosts,Scott and his wife,and their use of the shop and making some killer lunch.It was nice to meet everyone and I will also forget most of who was there but I will return.

Wannadiesel did his magic on a couple of KDP's so more owners can rest easy while wheeling their prides and joy.When asked how many that made Dave was heard to say 66 and those owners all do deeply thank him for that service.The newly redesigned Dave,minus the beard,looks like he is about 20 years younger and may have found that elusive spring in his step again,LOL.Anyway,THANKS DAVE for the job you do and making our beloved trucks free from KDP damage.

I did take some shots but some did not come out because as this uneducated camera operator learned,the old thing needs replaced.In darker situations you can not open the aperture up enough to let enough light in so photo's come out dark.Those photos which did come out are uploaded to my web albums and a link is below to look through or download for your own.

Again,Thanks to the MDDTR group for allowing us Northerners to slip down and enjoy a day of great trucks,good friends and good food......Andy

http://picasaweb.google.com/12vFlame...ter33WrenchDay
Old 12-31-2007, 11:04 AM

I just looked at the pics..When was nick m there. darn
Old 12-31-2007, 11:17 AM

great turnout yesterday. special thanks to scott and his wife for being so generous. also thanks to dave for making an appearance, killing some dowel pins, and explaning to me how to set timing on a 12 valver. i guess thats my next project. nice to meet all the people behind the usernames!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Had a Great Time!! Scott, that is one sweet garage.

Thanks to Scott for hosting the get together. I also owe Scott and Leonard a BIG thanks for getting my Pyro moved from post-turbo to the exhaust manifold!!

-Tom
Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by TKC2000
I didn't notice the light under the truck until I walked around the truck when I got home. I don't know if people were staring because of the exhaust or the little light glowing from underneath . If I had a couple more of those lights and some spinner rims I would have been just like those little imports.

Hey its the diesel guys version of underglow
Old 12-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

Don't know who that guy in the poka dot hat is though
Hmmm....
His jacket said his name was "Lou",LOL

That picture makes my butt look big

That would fall into the "TMI" area....(too much info)
Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey, you got a shot of Der Benz!
Attached Thumbnails Wrenchin day 12-30-der-benz.jpg  
Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 PM

Again a special thanks to Scott and his wife for hosting us as they do so very graciously indeed. Also big thanks to Mark, Johnny, and Kieth who helped put on my exhaust, it was nice to work with them and learn...heck I even got my hands dirty also helping out in the installation process.

Also nice to meet Andy, he and I talked about plans for my next mod, the alternator upgrade + Fluidampr + electric fan kit...it was nice to see all that in his spotless truck as well! Looking at sometime in January to get this done.

Finally, as always it was nice to meet some new folks and put some faces with the posts we see here. I gotta say we had a lot of very nice trucks in the driveway, was cool to see such a good turnout.

Quick Reply: Wrenchin day 12-30