MDDTR #33 Forum for the Maryland chapter #33

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ok, you guys got me to hold off - for now on a lift until I do some more lookin'.

Still looking for some SMARTY JR users with some feedback.
Cheers!

FYI- here's my 4runner
Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 PM

Enough with that 4runner...Here's my Dodge...and hopefully a new MD member!

Seasonal usage of the LEER cap.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:29 PM

roofgoof,

i believe im the only member with a smarty jr(guys call me a pansy-a** of you want)...

so far i think its not a bad little upgrade. i bought it out of the classifieds here on the board- guy was right in pa. i am running the latest software on it and i must say its better than it was when i originally got it with the beta 2 sw. i run it on the 100hp setting all the time, but i will sometimes bump it down to the 40 hp setting. either or is safe on the truck i think. it gives the truck a nice little kick in the pants, increases the timing alittle, truck runs smoother if you ask me. as far as mpg i havent really noticed a drastic change in my mpg. i may pick up a gallon or 2, and thats not watching the overhead comp. i know coming back from the ocean with the chip on 100 hp i was getting around 21mpg doing 65-70, i had the a/c on and everything. i mean for what it is, i think its great. you can check DTCs, and do most the stuff you can with the smarty sr.- except adjust your speed limiter. i had the smarty sr before this and i never used it to its fullest capacity so i sold it and bought this. doesnt smoke much with the new software, and compared to the earlier sw the turbo lights quicker.

as far as your choice to go with a body lift- id advise against it like alot of guys on here already have. get yourself a leveling kit(topguncustomz.com) and some nice shocks for the front and be done with it. balljoints on these things are hit or miss- some suck and fail within the first 30k. others last quite awhile. i thought about spacers but ended up going with the lorenz kit, which was sprinsg instead of spacers and bilstein shocks. i like it, rides nice and sits great.

any more questions, dont hesitate to ask. any questions regarding the smarty jr., let me know.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rollincoal02
why not? is it still for sale?
yup still for sale. I got phucked out of 4K so i cant afford it and a trailer, so im just going to buy a nice 2-3 car trailer and most likely buy a truck over the winter. diesel prices are getting higher and truck prices are getting lower. if anybody wants a 01 raptor I got it. this is also a great time for me to get modding my ford.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the smarty jr. info.

I don't plan on the mega to be a racer...just looking for a mild / moderate programmer to increase mileage and to burn out a mustang here or there with the extra 100hp. I heard it was safe...thats the main reason why I want to get one..I'm on a tight budget so I don't want to throw alot of dough into gauges, upgraded transmission, etc....

Sounds like the JR is a good fit. I am going to start pricing them alittle more and we'll see what happens.

Cheers!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ROOFGOOF
Thanks for the smarty jr. info.

I don't plan on the mega to be a racer...just looking for a mild / moderate programmer to increase mileage and to burn out a mustang here or there with the extra 100hp. I heard it was safe...thats the main reason why I want to get one..I'm on a tight budget so I don't want to throw alot of dough into gauges, upgraded transmission, etc....

Sounds like the JR is a good fit. I am going to start pricing them alittle more and we'll see what happens.

Cheers!
yea it def keeps the egts down if you are just puttin around, i barely hit 1000. if you want to take a look at it one wrenching day, let me know- ill stop up.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's one, don't know if it's sold yet.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t/19835/cat/12
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Thanks....sent him a PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM

Just a word of advice to folks, if you have a factory service manual, use it! Remember you have it, and don't just "try" things or you'll waste a bunch of time!!!!

Spent several hours last night dismantling my steering column to look for the "switch" and wiring for backup lights (it is part of the new head unit I'm installing with GPS/Navigation). It finally got too dark and I too frustrated.

While sitting around the house I remembered I had the factory service manual...gee let's look in there, at the wiring diagrams, which tell me the exact color of the wire, and its location!!!

Oh well, back out into the rain to find that wire and finish hooking up the new system. Just had to rant a bit at my own stupidity and remind you all to use all the resources you have, you could save some time and frustration.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Chapter President

Well got my new shocks on last night. Still gotta go for a test drive though. Had a few so i didn't test drive it last night. Thanks to Leonard and Travis for the help.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 AM

New head unit is in. Wow, gonna take me a while to figure it all out as it has so much in one package, but it so far so good and it is working great. My daughter helped quite a lot, she even knows how to use a posi-lock now (hehehe) and volunteered to crawl under the truck in the puddles. I'll be spending the rest of the day (until a party I have to attend tonight) playing with it and figuring it out. Anyone interested, the JVC KD-NX5000 is an awesome head unit in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Chapter President

Short notice

Well the Boss said we should have a bonfire tonight.
So come if you want BYOB I'll provide the fire Glenn will provide his antics. Oh ya if you have any spare wood bring it too.
Right now Travis and Leonard are pulling the trans on V2.0 and doing the swap. Already got the trans out of V1.0.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:33 PM

I.m there........
Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 PM

I would like to stop and say hi and meet you guys, but I am already committed to a huge back yard pyrotechnics display in the Forest Hill area. BOOM!

Enjoy the night! Cheers.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

im working wont be around for 2 weeks. how were the crabs scott?

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread VI