Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, TJ, that truck is incredible.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rig Update

Here are the pictures from today, they found a few dents that they missed and are still waiting on the cap to be done, I should get her back Friday the 23rd.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Travis i would be like "Hey call me when the cap is done, i'm taking my truck today!!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:53 PM
P.J
Banned

Looks pretty good in the pics, much better than down a ditch against a pole.....

I like that color too, I think whenever I get rid of this truck it will be for an 06 SRW 1 ton in that color (if there is such a thing?)
Old 11-17-2007, 04:09 AM

well finally got the gauges in all i need now i just get the trans temp connected up
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 AM
MTC

Im a new member of the chapter with my first question for the Local guys...My truck is coming up on 15K miles and the manual suggests changing out the front and rear diff. fluids. In your opinions, is this needed yet and is it something I can do in my driveway? I can and have done all my regular maintenance but I have never attempted this and the dealership wants my first born to do it. Like I asked before, is it really needed yet and is it a simple task? I just wanted to get the local guys opinion on it.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
P.J
Banned

Yes, it is really something you should do. Do you tow much? I have 14,500 on mine, I am gearing up (pun intended) to do mine also. From what I have heard, some guys are surprised how nasty the rear is, the front should be pretty much golden, unless you do an awful lot of 4WD driving.

I am going to do both, just for good measure. It is a re-usable gasket. Getting both surfaces really clean will be a wise thing so you don't have any little leaks.

75-90w GL-5 rated synthetic fluid. The bolts get torqued to around 26 ft. lbs. From what I read, the spec is 30 but people have been snapping them at 30. The rule with diffs and trans pan bolts is "Tight is good, too tight is broken".

Drain plug is supposed to be 32 ft. lbs.
4 quarts in the rear, 3.75 in the front.

Where are you located?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
P.J
Banned

Oh, I got rambling there, YES it is something you can do, if you change oil, you can certainly change these diff fluids.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Travis i would be like "Hey call me when the cap is done, i'm taking my truck today!!
They also have four dents to fix still, along with cleaning the interior, bed, and cleaning the truck. I looked her over with a fine tooth comb, I found three of the dents that they did not even have marked I am ready to have her back, the cap is selling on Monday, hopefully I get her back Friday so I can deliver or have them pick up on Sunday, got to work Friday and Saturday
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM

Travis, its good to see the truck back together. Still amazed and more so some what. I mean I have seen some poles thrash vehicles and now yours looks great in the pictures. I know they have finishing touches but good to see they have talent.

Peace
Old 11-17-2007, 04:52 PM
MTC

Thanks P.J. I do tow alot and guess that I will be doing this shortly. Since I'll be doing more of the maintenance on this truck, I guess I have to spend some $$ on torque wrenches and such(my tools are limited).

I'm located in Parkville.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
P.J
Banned

I just got the cheesy tang (whatever it's called?) Craftsman one. Considering it is one of the least used tools in the box, I didn't see the sense in spending a whole lot of money on one.
Mmm, Parkville. You are REAL close to the hot spot for Cummins enthusiast. If you keep an eye on the threads in the MDDTR section at some point Scot will have a Wrench'n Day at his place.
Either that or let me know and you are welcome to stop by my place, like I said I will be looking to do mine here in the next few weeks anyway (along with oil change, fuel filter, some other stuff).
Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
MTC

I know I'm prolly making too much of an issue out of something thats really simple to do, but once I see something done I'm good to go. If you dont mind, give me a heads up when you do yours and if I'm free I'd like to come up and watch.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTC
Thanks P.J. I do tow alot and guess that I will be doing this shortly. Since I'll be doing more of the maintenance on this truck, I guess I have to spend some $$ on torque wrenches and such(my tools are limited).

I'm located in Parkville.
No need to buy all that stuff when we have it in the CAVE, and if we don't someone will bring it. I have a digital torgue wrench for just about everything.
I am trying to decide when to have the next wrenchin day. Marc you are only just down the road from me. Let me know when you get your fluids and we can put it on the lift and do it.

So what do you guys think is a good day for a wrenchin day?
I'm off Wed til Monday thanksgiving week.
I'm thinking something lite Friday and maybe an all day thing Sat.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 PM

I have to work Friday, not sure about Saturday, hopefully not but if the guys are working I also have to it is my week maybe they will only work til noon Should have my truck back so we can put the stacks on at the wrenchin day.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V