11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
lol..ok u were askin were all the diesel boys hang out..lol
Well first off send our pres a email at MDDTR33@YAHOO.COM. He will get u set to be a member.Then u can come over to the cave when we have a wrenchin day and meet us..or like i said we can just meet up at wawa or somewere just to hang out
I filled out the app. and he said everythings cool. Thanx man!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Talking hello

hey guy's, newbie here to dtr..from boonsboro md not to far from lyold mills, was going through reading some post's and seem's most of you all are from the other side of md..those from hazzard cnty and close by area's are probally familar with a company i used to work for (florida rock ind) you can see one of thier quarry's from the bridge on 95..i'm a 3x cummin's owner, i had a 95 reg cab 4x4/a 99 quad cab 4x4/ and now a 04.5 quad cab dually 4x4 will fill out sig later..look forward to posting with ya all, maybe seeing each other at diesel event's..take care
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by ymustang
hey guy's, newbie here to dtr..from boonsboro md not to far from lyold mills, was going through reading some post's and seem's most of you all are from the other side of md..those from hazzard cnty and close by area's are probally familar with a company i used to work for (florida rock ind) you can see one of thier quarry's from the bridge on 95..i'm a 3x cummin's owner, i had a 95 reg cab 4x4/a 99 quad cab 4x4/ and now a 04.5 quad cab dually 4x4 will fill out sig later..look forward to posting with ya all, maybe seeing each other at diesel event's..take care
BOONSBORO! I have some friends that are from over that way. Welcome to the site
Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ymustang
hey guy's, newbie here to dtr..from boonsboro md not to far from lyold mills, was going through reading some post's and seem's most of you all are from the other side of md..those from hazzard cnty and close by area's are probally familar with a company i used to work for (florida rock ind) you can see one of thier quarry's from the bridge on 95.
Indeed. We used to ski right down there near where they load the barges.

Welcome.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM

Not sure if you guys saw this yet or not, but i thought it was pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw9FT...eature=related
Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 PM

be nice if was actuallly diesel
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM

yup good ole boonsboro..any of them friend's have ctd's or other jonnythrottle?? not to sound partial but a ctd seem's to be the truck of choice around here, oh sure you see the other diesel's but you deffitnely see more ram's..
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM

that's cause out here in fredneck county, we know what works. Most the diesel trucks you see out here are cummins though. Fords are normally too pretty looking to actually be used as a truck.
(sadly only two of my friends out this way have cummins, one powerjoke and one kidde bowtie. All the others are gassers)

none of those 4 are from boonsboro though.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by b4wheeler
Back to Diesel tech.. enough of the Martha Stewart/Bob Villa stuff ($%#^)

So, got my TC controller the other week. I guess it was two weeks ago.....

Well tonite I am driving along and the truck does not seem to be shifting the same.... So I do as I was told and I hit the O/D switch to turn the system on/ off a couple of times.....Nothing
Come to a stop light and I turn off the ignition and restart the truck, still nothing....
Stop to get dinner for me and the kid......Restart the truck, check the module...no leds lit........Nothing....

Have yet to check anything, as I don't know where to start and the instructions are about as useless as perfume on a cows (@$$) butt.

I will check for power tomorrow and start sending emails from there.....

Just had to vent... Not happy after all that was gone through to get this done.....Oh Well.... Live and learn....
hmmm...that's strange, I'll keep an eye out for any wierd stuff or issues, everything seems fine so far. I reset my TC lockup at just over 30mph (like 31 or so I think) and the OD to come on at between 45 - 50 mph and that seems to give me a good operating window for most of my non-hwy around town traffic.

John did you get this problem sorted yet? Scotte how 'bout yours...it working well now?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunir they are sending me a new harness. the new controller didn't work nor did John's.
So did everyone have fun Saturday? I did!!
I'll need help to get Mike's tranny in the truck so i can take it to work and ship it back.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir
hmmm...that's strange, I'll keep an eye out for any wierd stuff or issues, everything seems fine so far. I reset my TC lockup at just over 30mph (like 31 or so I think) and the OD to come on at between 45 - 50 mph and that seems to give me a good operating window for most of my non-hwy around town traffic.

John did you get this problem sorted yet? Scotte how 'bout yours...it working well now?
Got mine worked out. It was just a poor connection to the keyed 12v source. Just need to recrimp and all will be well again.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:35 PM

Yea I had fun on Saturday for the short time I was there. Where is the report from Mike on how he likes the new tranny? How's the controller working (I have to know since I helped hook it up)? We need a report Mike!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Sunir they are sending me a new harness. the new controller didn't work nor did John's.
So did everyone have fun Saturday? I did!!
I'll need help to get Mike's tranny in the truck so i can take it to work and ship it back.
I had fun, and it was great to meet everyone. My only problem is that I got reamed a new one for getting home so late.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:34 AM

well heres the tranny update...

ive probably put close to 100 miles on her so far. so far so good, cannot believe how much of a difference it makes. it honestly makes the truck feel like its brand new. we did have that little hiccup with the pressure, but that has worked itself out it appears. i havent had any problems with it since then, shifts fine, doesnt get hung up on 1st like it was after the install. so..

took it out for a drive after leaving the cave saturday. did some around town driving on the daily setting on the enhancer. ive noticed it takes 1st to about 2k or so, brings 2nd back up around 2k, 3rd is so **** short and the shift fro 3rd to 4th is so quick you miss it. you def know when this thing shifts in to overdrive, cause it hits hard. not a bone jarring hard, but you def know that the tranny has firmed up the shifts. watching my tranny temp gauge just cruising around, it gets up to around 170 or so. doesnt run hot at all so far, those temps drop to 100 or less on the highway. very smooth on the highway, as soon as you romp it it- it smits and gets. on thing i did notice that i know my stocker wouldnt do is, this thing def runs the gears out- never had my truck up to around 3k before. as i merged on 95 from 43 i romped on it to get into traffic and i looked down and saw i was at 3k or so. i let off and overdrive kicked in and dropped the rpms down to around 2-2.5k.

the way it shifts through the gears so quick and the amount of pick up i have now- def feels like i have sw5 loaded on my smarty. im anxiously awaiting to see how this thing reacts to the smarty. i did manage to get her sideways making a u-turn. it wasnt on purpose either- just easy throttle making a u-turn and before i know it the rear kicked around and i was almost facing traffic coming at me. it was amusing...

i would say it was worth doing. once i think about it and after seeing my stock tranny fluid- i would have had to do one eventually and im glad i did it know. thanks again to scott and tj for helping with the install and dai lending a hand here and there. keith, thanks for helping with the enhancer....

oh yea, the enchancer.. i think its a nifty little addition. you can def feel the effects of the raised pressure. it doesnt break your neck on racing but it def firms the shifts a hell of alot more than the daily setting. also it appears to have a port on the side to upgrade the enhancer software/program. so i thought that was neat as well. any questions let me know, im happy with the product and im even more impressed with daves customer service- talked to him probably almost a dozen times on a saturday afternoon/evening. great guy.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:57 AM

well guys you might not see or hear much from me for the next month or two the "Kill the Wrabbit" project has started got it in the garage last night and started the strip down. drivers side door, hood, battery, alternator, starter and a few other things made it out last night and i'll be back at it tonight motor should be out by tonight.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V