31.82%
Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I had a benz diesel I would be all over that.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
I just found this on Dieselbombers, sad but true. I do not know if any of you had ever seen any of his work but this man was amazing, he built and designed some amazing hot rods.

http://jalopnik.com/361391/boyd-codd...dead-at-age-63

RIP Boyd, you will be missed.
Yeah thats a great hotrod icon we lost there.

I picked some rack extensions for the ATV the other day. When I was looking for them via polaris they wanted $60ish for the front and $70ish for the back. I found some via ebay that were $40 for the pair. As I read the description low cost was due to wrong paint. Gloss black instead of the wrinkled black, I think they called it.

The fix:

Scotch Brite pad, elbow grease, 1 rag and mild cleaning solution.

Add 1 can of DupliColor Truck Bed Liner Spray Can (add small amounts for even coverage) let stand and repeat until fully covered.

J/K

I did use the above items and it turned out well. It looks better with the textured finish to blend in with the decks.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by biggerkin
Hey everybody thats interested we are going to Southerm MD atv park( BUDDS CREEK) tommorrow. Anybody else in ???? Pm me if so
How often do you go.. Do you run trails or are you all gung ho and run the MX track......
If I can get this for a good deal, would it be worth my time and would I get enough use out of it to make it worth it????
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t=16704&cat=13

Let me know, I can probably get it this weekend.. and I might need you to come with me.. Never owned a quad before....

I am headed to Fla next weekend for a little R & R ........
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Whos brewing their own bio? Here may be a decent stock source:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/zip/586857540.html
good lookin! i just emailed them. forget the projected $4/gal this summer.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Tree huggers plan is working, keep raising fuel prices and everyone but us will rush out and buy a hybird car or truck.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Hey JOHN

Yeh, we joined down there because they have both MX tracks and 22 miles of trails. Also a nice family atmosphere. The 400ex looks good for the price and if you dont want the big bore kit I'll buy it from you. I have a 400ex also

I'll be down there this saturday most likely
Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Banned

Have fun with that bio, I don't like the idea of $4 a gallon for fuel but I'm not gonna be the one with clogged injectors and fuel filters sitting on the side of the road either. 3rd gen injectors have very small passages, the smallest piece of dirt can clog it and cause problems.

We've already seen what it has done to 2 vp44 trucks, where the lift pumps can't handle the thicker mix. I remember one truck needing to be hauled home from Pa on a buddy's trailer with a dead lift pump.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:56 AM

Tree huggers

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
I think the Tree huggers plan is working, keep raising fuel prices and everyone but us will rush out and buy a hybird car or truck.
I love my VW even more nowBut still will never get rid of BBBD.....big-bad-black-dodge
Old 02-28-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
Whos brewing their own bio? Here may be a decent stock source:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/zip/586857540.html
I've been wanting to produce BioD since last year and have a source for used oil in Harford Co. My problem is that I don't have the space. I also can't find a old electric hot water heater that doesn't leak.

Now If I could get some spare cash to build or purchase a shed, I'd be 80% there....

BTW, I visited a guy who was making it in his garage and I was amazed at how easy it was. He was using B100, except in winter, in his VW and in farm tractors. There was a couple others there that did the same thing but was there to look over his setup.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
I remember one truck needing to be hauled home from Pa on a buddy's trailer with a dead lift pump.
Hey. It wasnt completly dead yet.lol.
But yea u wont see me running another full tank of bio.
Im lucky he didnt want me to pay regular price it would have been in the thousands..Even more expensive on a towtruck!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Chapter President

Smarty's In!!!!!!

Just got it and loaded level 4, set the comp on 3x3, i'll see how it does tonight.
What is recomended for stacking those two and getting good fuel economy?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Are Treehuggers OPEC chair members?

Thankfully, I am able to just PARK the truck. I'm actually getting ready to get into a newer (98) Civic in a month or so. Chick my wife works with, she getting rid of the car and a dodge gasser to get a new car.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Crabjoe
I've been wanting to produce BioD since last year and have a source for used oil in Harford Co. My problem is that I don't have the space. I also can't find a old electric hot water heater that doesn't leak.

Now If I could get some spare cash to build or purchase a shed, I'd be 80% there....

BTW, I visited a guy who was making it in his garage and I was amazed at how easy it was. He was using B100, except in winter, in his VW and in farm tractors. There was a couple others there that did the same thing but was there to look over his setup.
I've made some Bio, but due to time and space constraints I haven't had the chance to wash it. I have 300 gallons of used oil to process. Hopefully that should change now that my buddy has his business setup going, more space is on the way.

I don't think particulate in the final product should be a problem with proper straining and washing.

The biggest problem is just going to collect it and finding sources. Too many people are locked into contracts with Valley Protein. I haven't pushed anybody to give me oil that they would pay VP to take. Seems ridiculous doesn't it.

- Craig
Old 02-28-2008, 04:23 PM

well washing it twice and filtering it to 5 or 10 microns, i dont think ill have any issues with a clogged injector or dead lift pump since everything is mechanical. but thanks for the concern. anyway, this craigs list thing is addictive! i keep finding free stuff that i dont need but i can use. lol
Old 02-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by meangreen96
I've made some Bio, but due to time and space constraints I haven't had the chance to wash it. I have 300 gallons of used oil to process. Hopefully that should change now that my buddy has his business setup going, more space is on the way.

I don't think particulate in the final product should be a problem with proper straining and washing.

The biggest problem is just going to collect it and finding sources. Too many people are locked into contracts with Valley Protein. I haven't pushed anybody to give me oil that they would pay VP to take. Seems ridiculous doesn't it.

- Craig
Go talk to the restaurants, they pay Valley Proteins whether or not the tank is full, i had one at my restaurant and it didn't matter.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V