Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
count me in on those tranny projects, this 16.5 timing rocks, also you 12 valve guys find your self one of those click click pens and make your self a new overflow valve 30+ psi at idle
Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Ah, yes. I had just picked up my son and his buddy up at school (right there across the street @ Perryville Middle). I had just gotten orders from the wife to pick up something to drink so I had to pull in there.

No, I didn't see you.

Hazard County, thats a good one.

I swear, you don't know how many people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I'm from Cecil County. Most people just say "Where,.. oh, I've never heard of it"! (These are MD residents mind you)
PJ,

Where abouts in Ceciltucky are you? I'm off of Liberty Grove Rd by Dr Jack.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by crabbelle
count me in on those tranny projects, this 16.5 timing rocks, also you 12 valve guys find your self one of those click click pens and make your self a new overflow valve 30+ psi at idle
just rub it in... i need to do my timing, should help you out on the mpg's. I'm gonna look into a washer mod on top of your gsk so you can rip clear to 3200 for the "just in case" scenario. i might be adding myself into the tranny project team this summer with a tripple disc, flexplate, and magtec pan. billet parts will have to wait til im out of college.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Crabjoe
PJ,

About 5 minutes from you.

I'm 2 miles down from the track, just off of Theodore (Port Deposit address).
Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crabbelle
I'm out of everyones loop when it comes to most mods past 93, oh well. Tell me how this works. Richard (the silver 4x4 club cab) might want to do it.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crabjoe
PJ,

Originally Posted by P.J
About 5 minutes from you.

I'm 2 miles down from the track, just off of Theodore (Port Deposit address).
Wow, I've gotten lost on both the roads making my way between DE and York, Pa before I did it enough. My friend Richard and his girlfriend thought they were going to die on McCauly Rd.

What is the best place to eat in P.D.? I stoped into the Italian place (with the parking lot next to it) and they made an awesome Gyro fairly cheap.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Port is tricky, there used to be two nice (little) places to eat down there. As far as I know at least one of them is closed and re-opened under a different name (haven't been there since the change).

As dumb as it sounds, we mostly eat (out) in Newark. Grotto, Outback, sometimes Red Robin.

There is one dump bar we used to go to, out on 40 in Perryville. Food was great, haven't been there in a while though. It just started to get so darn smoky in there I gave up. I don't mind cigarettes too much, but when someone is burning RIGHT next to you while your trying to eat.....
Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was fast, just got Mike's tranny this morning. What do ya want me to do with it?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TJ make sure you get that tranny cooler line flush stuff. gotta make sure there's no trash in the cooler, before putting in the new trans.
I opened the box it came with a bottle of friction modifier, 1 electric fitting, 2 high pressure lines and a gauge. Is that for checking the line pressure? No instructions in the box.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by BigErksG2
just rub it in... i need to do my timing, should help you out on the mpg's. I'm gonna look into a washer mod on top of your gsk so you can rip clear to 3200 for the "just in case" scenario. i might be adding myself into the tranny project team this summer with a tripple disc, flexplate, and magtec pan. billet parts will have to wait til im out of college.
i take it that single-disk you have now aint worth a ****? on a side note i was thinking about going with the magtec pan till i read it doesnt drop tranny temps as much as you think...

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
That was fast, just got Mike's tranny this morning. What do ya want me to do with it?
**** that was fast.... ill meet up and help you load to take to the cave or meet you and unload it. let me know, and thank you scott.

oh yea, my bro said thanks for sooting his box- we were behind you on harford rd last night
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned

mike's trans hasn't been slipping so the junk in the line should be minimal. but i have never flushed a cooler before...dunno how.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
mike's trans hasn't been slipping so the junk in the line should be minimal. but i have never flushed a cooler before...dunno how.
this is true.... has been shifting alot though- like the dang thing cant pick a gear.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by P.J
As dumb as it sounds, we mostly eat (out) in Newark. Grotto, Outback, sometimes Red Robin.
I love me a Royal Red Robin burger w/ chipoltle mayo and bottomless steak fries....

Originally Posted by paroxysym
i take it that single-disk you have now aint worth a ****? on a side note i was thinking about going with the magtec pan till i read it doesnt drop tranny temps as much as you think...
Not only will that mag hytec pan drop your tranny temps, It will save your tranny when you blow up the front yoke and the driveshaft whips around and bashes into it.

The extra bucks for the double deep is worth it. Remember to just use plain jane wheel bearing grease on both side the cork gasket. No RTV or anything
Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by ruquik
Not only will that mag hytec pan drop your tranny temps, It will save your tranny when you blow up the front yoke and the driveshaft whips around and bashes into it.

The extra bucks for the double deep is worth it.
when you run the **** out of your truck it is... but i dont run the **** out of mine so it be a waste.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by paroxysym
when you run the **** out of your truck it is... but i dont run the **** out of mine so it be a waste.
Whats that suppose to mean. I'm not that hard on her.

I don't know if you pull any trailers/campers but it has greatly helped my buddy out going across county pulling his 5th wheel. Of course its a HUGE tripple axle too.

I guess the standard one will do if you don't do a lot of towing. I do so its worth it for me.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V