Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure Phil's Pac Brake will help with the stopping chores.
Brad you been ??
I think you need a new pair of shoes. You know for TS.
I can't remove anything i'm not one of them
Old 02-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Brad you been ??
I think you need a new pair of shoes. You know for TS.
I can't remove anything i'm not one of them
= cool guys, lol (admins you do a great job)

As far as , no. I just look at things from a realist perspective and think of the consequences that come with change.

Now regarding shoes, Its going to be warm so it will be sandals except where required, ie: Race track ect...
Old 02-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

what do you guys think? not pretty but fuctional
Old 02-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

Big Rig esque.

Don't forget the Pennsylvania big rig starter kit lights, lol.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

no lights, too much wieght. lol
Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ruquik
I'm glad you don't car about roatating mass and all that other "stuff, blah, blah"(guess you're not an engineer) but I'm sure your brakes know about it. I can say from first hand experience that 19.5's on a 2500 made stopping fast somewhat interesting (read: not possible, lol)

But hey its your truck right.

Better get a Fab Fours bumper for the cars in front of you, LOL, JK

BTW. NO ONE was crying. If you can't take constructive critisism well thats your problem. Just don't expect people to work on your stuff after leaving coments like thats.
Yup, this would be the nah sayer.

Put it this way, I was just speaking in general terms, you called yourself out on being tacky, immature and rude. I've been around a lot of guys with different interests and hobbies (no, I suppose most of them are not engineers). I actually CAN take constructive criticism, just not from someone who does it in a rude manner and comes off as if he is too smart for the room.

As far as "other people" working on my truck? I've went out of my way to help Scott out in more ways that one If you are suggesting that I freeload, you are barking up the wrong tree. I've also extended a helping hand to other members here whom I had never even met.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Dunno, I may need to do some quantum physics here to make sure......

I guess I'll need to be put on a visitation schedule at the Cave, depending on who will or won't be there?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:00 PM

bob, my old man said your sheet metal plow screams "im from rosedale". hahaha. turbo sounds real nice through your stack too.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by P.J
Yup, this would be the nah sayer.

Put it this way, I was just speaking in general terms, you called yourself out on being tacky, immature and rude. I've been around a lot of guys with different interests and hobbies (no, I suppose most of them are not engineers). I actually CAN take constructive criticism, just not from someone who does it in a rude manner and comes off as if he is too smart for the room.

As far as "other people" working on my truck? I've went out of my way to help Scott out in more ways that one If you are suggesting that I freeload, you are barking up the wrong tree. I've also extended a helping hand to other members here whom I had never even met.
I'll make one last comment regarding this and then I'm done

We all want out truck to look, perform, and sound great. I was in no way trying to keep you from having the looks part taken away (some people dig big rig wheels, some don't). I was just trying to advise you from a personal standpoint and keep you from making a mistake you might regret (Braking/Accelerating are performance right?). Not everyone can justify dropping a bunch of coin on wheels just to end up not liking them (obviously your finances are better than mine, lol). Why would I "cry" about what you are doing to your truck?? Nay say, sure, but what you do is your thing (I'm the sandal wearing guy with his stacks turned the wrong way remember)

I just though my input would help in your decision (obviously not, no biggie). But there was no reason to fly off the handle. When you left that comment I knew you were refering to me and I wasn't going to let you talk crap about me, cause thats the way I took it (i could be wrong though). Maybe you're upset that Dodge cheated you out of 5 valve covers. That was a joke lighten up.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
P.J
Banned

Hey, I'm a fun loving guy. Others are telling me you are the same.

1) I do in fact have the income to mess around with things, I'm not going to be ashamed or feel guilty about it. Call it arrogant or whatever, we work hard and take substantial risks so we can live "good". That obviously includes totally unnecessary rims & tires, or whatever one chooses.

2) The inherent issue here is that I had already bought and picked up the parts before you decided to chime in. (So, in a sense, it was like someone telling you how stupid they think your Christmas present is). This is the point where general tact and respect comes in. Usually someone would think to themselves, "Man, I really stuck my foot in my mouth" .

3)You are correct, I was in fact talking about you. Aside from making EVERYONE uncomfortable by confronting you in person at the next event, I thought it more appropriate to vent here. But, let me get this straight, you aren't going to let me "Talk Crap" about you, but I am supposed to stay mum when you directly insult me and my truck?

I'm light, shoot, one wouldn't guess it by reading my last few posts, but for the most part I'm pretty laid back.

Leave it at that I guess.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you guys made up.
Lets leave it at that and get on with business.....
Anyone got any business? I don't.
Looks like we have a lot of tranny business coming up. Boots, Mike are getting trans and Travis is getting a new clutch. The Cave's gonna be busy.
Better start booking some lift time. First come first serve, but Travis gets first dibs if he wants, due to all the work he has been helping me with in the house to get the Boss's office back together.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:17 PM

supposedly my tranny will be here this week. if it does arrive this week, if its possible id like to throw it in the weekend- along with a couple other things. i pm'ed you scott so let me know. thanks!

boots, what tranny did you get?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM

I'll let you know when my clutch gets here, I am not really hurting to put it in but the other things that are on the way make me really want to put it in soon after it gets here. This is my week to work late and Saturday at work if needed. I will know on Friday if I am working Saturday or not, and when my parts get here I will make sure to let you all know. I'm like a kid in the candy store waiting for them. I have been driving my truck stock lately and man it is getting to me. I also just found out that I have to go to Fredericksburg, VA on the 25th, so if possible I would like to have my clutch done before that, but that of course depends on work. Like I said I will let you all know.

BTW Scott, I enjoy giving you a hand, I sort of miss the hands on work that I do not get to do at work, you know, no chore lists living in an apartment like I had at home.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Hey P.J. saw you the other day at Royal Farms up in Hazard Cnty somwhere (can't remember where), but I knew it was you 'cause of the wheels. I beeped but I don't think you heard me. I think you had someone else in the passenger seat? Anyway, looks great in person as well.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Sea:\>Drive
Hey P.J. saw you the other day at Royal Farms up in Hazard Cnty somwhere (can't remember where), but I knew it was you 'cause of the wheels. I beeped but I don't think you heard me. I think you had someone else in the passenger seat? Anyway, looks great in person as well.
Ah, yes. I had just picked up my son and his buddy up at school (right there across the street @ Perryville Middle). I had just gotten orders from the wife to pick up something to drink so I had to pull in there.

No, I didn't see you.

Hazard County, thats a good one.

I swear, you don't know how many people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I'm from Cecil County. Most people just say "Where,.. oh, I've never heard of it"! (These are MD residents mind you)

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V