31.82%
Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does $322 for a set of new power/heated tow mirrors sound good? I have a chance to buy them off here, just wanting some opinions. Price is with the shipping charge.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are over $250 each from the dealer.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
P.J
Banned

I'm baaaaaaack........

(Did anyone notice me gone?)

Here are some random shots from our vacation:

Life is real tough at Grand Cayman, it was mid 80's, ocean temp @ 82*.

Margaritaville in Jamaica: (there are other shots, this is one of the tame ones....)

Anyone that has been to the Margaritaville in Montego Bay can attest to how cool the place is. It has a water slide that gets you moving about 30 mph then dumps you into the ocean. It is such a brutal curve at them end you don't even know which way is up when you hit the water. I was partially hammered once we left there, all the while swimming in 15+' of water and jumping on two huge inflatable trampolines.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Looks like a good time.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:07 PM

The Wife and I Are heading to Grand Ocho Rios(sp?) in May for our honey moon. First time for me being out of the country....I cant Wait!

Rick
Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey John there is a Goerend trans in the classifieds.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=16559&cat=all
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by ramsport59
The Wife and I Are heading to Grand Ocho Rios(sp?) in May for our honey moon. First time for me being out of the country....I cant Wait!

Rick
Ocho Rios is cool, we went there 2 years ago. Jamaicans live pretty much like gypsys though, it can be shocking and a little scary at first. It's a whole different world down there.

I think the main attraction there is Dunns River Falls, pretty cool thing to do if there aren't a million people trying to get in there.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Chapter President

Concrete saw

So who's got an electric concrete saw i can borrow?
I have to put a French drain into Jennine's office, it got flooded last Friday and we lost the hardwood floor. I need to get this done ASAP to keep the Boss happy. So if anyone has experience with French drains speak up. I need some pointers.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
P.J
Banned

I don't suppose there would be a way to talk her into ceramic tile in that room? I know you have to nip the water problem either way, but would hate to see it happen again. At least with the tile (costing about the same as wood as it is on a slab) wouldn't be trashed in the event of another problem.

We can lay tile for about $2.00 a foot or even less depending on what she picked.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
P.J
Banned

(and/or)

What about just digging out a sump pit right on that corner (outside), go down about 3', put in a pump that directs it down the driveway?

Cutting concrete (MESS), hauling in stone by hand through the house and pouring more concrete seems really intrusive to me.

Going back to where the problem started (water from outside), if it were me I would rather work closer to the actual source rather than fooling around inside. Also, if there is enough room out there, we might be able to dig down, clean up the block, "dry-lock" it or even hot tar the whole area.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Chapter President

Phil in that corner is where the water main comes into the house. It sprung a leak about 2 months ago and i had to dig it up. the water main is 5' below grade and that is still 3' above the floor in the house. That would be a deep hole to dig.
But i'll run the tile thing by the Boss and see what she thinks.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Rick definately do the Dunns River Falls climb, even if it is crowded its still a blast. If you are staying at Sandals it is a pretty nice resort, the beach is a bit small, but other than that plenty to do. The restuarants are very good, but the service sometimes is less then stellar. The one thing I bet your travel agent didn't tell you is if you fly into Montego Bay, it is a 2 hour bus ride to the resort, some of the scenery is very nice, but other parts will have you feeling like you were dropped into the middle of a Blackhawk Down remake.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

One more thing Rick if you are staying at Sandals take advantage of the conceirge service. You can use them for everything from booking excursions to making dinner reservations (generally not needed, unless you want to eat on the open pier out over the water, you'll see what I mean when you get there).
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM

I beleive we are signed up already for dunn's river. And yes, we are staying at sandals. I've heard alot of good things about sandals from my family members that have went and they all enjoyed their stays. Of course the travel agent didnt tell us that....we found out about 2 weeks after we paid for the trip when a friend of ours came back from pretty much the same trip. Looks like I'll need plenty of reading material for the plane ride and bus ride....I'm not a airplane person at all.

Thanks
Rick

Originally Posted by fiveology
Rick definately do the Dunns River Falls climb, even if it is crowded its still a blast. If you are staying at Sandals it is a pretty nice resort, the beach is a bit small, but other than that plenty to do. The restuarants are very good, but the service sometimes is less then stellar. The one thing I bet your travel agent didn't tell you is if you fly into Montego Bay, it is a 2 hour bus ride to the resort, some of the scenery is very nice, but other parts will have you feeling like yuo were dropped into the middle of a Blackhawk Down remake.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 PM

New toy...

I picked it up today. 08 Polaris 500 Sportsman 4x4 with wench and plow.

I hope to have some fun with it as well as work easier too.

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V