Member of other chapter
11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis -
TDR has a group buy right now on SBCs. Contact Power by Poole.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

heres a nice turbo for you guys

i got some pictures if you want just pm
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 PM

Well we almost had a repeat of light underneath trucks agian..
Would have been nice thought cause this one is new!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gies
Travis -
TDR has a group buy right now on SBCs. Contact Power by Poole.
They are not the only one's with a group buy currently, I am not a member over there but thanks for the info.

I had some wierd stuff happen on the way home last night. I never threw a code but here are the symptoms. RPM and Speedo dropped suddenly and the ABS and Brake light come on and cruise was kicked off. I pulled off the interstate shut her down and check for codes, none. I pulled out the predator and checked for codes that way and still none. Started it back up and the lights were off. Cruising along and it does it twice more, I did not stop these times, just kept going but it did not kick off the cruise the second two times, only the lights came on and it beeped at me, but still no codes. Anyone have any idea what this might be?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
They are not the only one's with a group buy currently, I am not a member over there but thanks for the info.

I had some wierd stuff happen on the way home last night. I never threw a code but here are the symptoms. RPM and Speedo dropped suddenly and the ABS and Brake light come on and cruise was kicked off. I pulled off the interstate shut her down and check for codes, none. I pulled out the predator and checked for codes that way and still none. Started it back up and the lights were off. Cruising along and it does it twice more, I did not stop these times, just kept going but it did not kick off the cruise the second two times, only the lights came on and it beeped at me, but still no codes. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

I wondering if it could be a chaffing wire harness or something since you didn't have these symptoms before the accident and subsequent tear down and rebuild. I know you were pretty diligent in keeping track of what the shop was doing, did they have to take apart much, if any, of the harnesses around the engine? I know that if I hit a good size bump with the cruise on it will sometimes kick off, but there are no lights . I think it happens more when the rear tires break contact with the pavement because of the severe jolt.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by TKC2000
I wondering if it could be a chaffing wire harness or something since you didn't have these symptoms before the accident and subsequent tear down and rebuild. I know you were pretty diligent in keeping track of what the shop was doing, did they have to take apart much, if any, of the harnesses around the engine? I know that if I hit a good size bump with the cruise on it will sometimes kick off, but there are no lights . I think it happens more when the rear tires break contact with the pavement because of the severe jolt.
I thought it might be linked to the accident but not sure. As far as the bump it was on smooth ground going up an incline. I am going to look everywhere for a bare wire/loose wire before bringing it to the dealer/shop to have it looked at. It sort of felt like the clutch would slip and grab suddenly imeadately before this happened.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM

The slipping clutch could be the problem. I know that when in cruise mode that if the engine suddenly revs up, as with the tires bouncing off the pavement, it will kick off. Maybe the same thing for a slipping clutch?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Probably related to the clutch, it sees a spike in RPM and no raise in wheel speed from ABS sensors and it confuses the truck.

You gonna have a clutch before April 24?? LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

hey tj theres the pictures of the cat turbo. travis if you can figure out a deal with buying clutches, i need one to, but i want a street friendly
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
Probably related to the clutch, it sees a spike in RPM and no raise in wheel speed from ABS sensors and it confuses the truck.

You gonna have a clutch before April 24?? LOL
Yup, I might order it this week, got to move some money around but I think I can do it.

Originally Posted by crabbelle
hey tj theres the pictures of the cat turbo. travis if you can figure out a deal with buying clutches, i need one to, but i want a street friendly

I will definately let you know, I know of a few group buys going on currently, I am going to talk to them and Lloyd and see what they can do for me. What are you looking for? I am going with a SBC DD 3600 either a con ofe or a sprung hub, not sure about that yet.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

travis ill get you a price on the 3600
Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

i dont want something to grappy, plus i dont wanna spend to much. i talked to llyod about a con fe for like $900. whats the diff betwen con fe and sprung hub?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
travis ill get you a price on the 3600
Thanks TJ, let me know.

Originally Posted by crabbelle
i dont want something to grappy, plus i dont wanna spend to much. i talked to llyod about a con fe for like $900. whats the diff betwen con fe and sprung hub?
I think that the con fe is noiser and grabbier than the sprung hub but I am not sure, I am basing this on what I have heard. TJ would know more than me about the difference.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

con fe is a single disk clutch, bobby, what do you plan to do with the truck, and how much power are you looking to make in the future.

there are solid hub and sprung hub dual disc clutches now, the sprung hub DD are a little less grabby for street driving and towing, but the cost goes up a bit for them.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

im looking to make about 350hp i need the daily drive and towing ability. all im ging to do is the turbo i bought, injectors and bump the timng and im done. im going to be hauling crab pots and towing for rosedale attractions (carnival) so towing is a major thing, but i have to keep in mind the 110 miles each way to baltimore-philadelphia. so what you recommend. i trying to keep my budget to about $1,000

Quick Reply: Maryland Chapter #33 Never ending thread V