HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

what sze fuel line fittings on LP ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what sze fuel line fittings on LP ?!?!

My lp has bit it ,, again,, another carter pump from napa not lasting a year..

I have an Airtex pump as a quick replacement that I pick up over the weekend, I was 200+ miles away from home when my f.p. gauge told me my lift pump was dying,, but it kept 3 psi and I was running unloaded so I just set the cruise at 55 mph and made it home slowly but no damage.

Here's what I need help with..

I have installed a Vulcan Big Line kit and relocated the carter pump to the framerail, Where do I find the fittings I need to attach the big lines to the new airtex pump? I'd rather not cut into my lines if I do not have to. On the new pump one side is threaded, and the other side is some kinda quick-connect setup.

I need my truck running again by tomorrow. I have 2 job interviews tomorrow and my wife has to work so her car isn't available.. I might be able to call a friend but I'd rather have my truck. And even though it'll run, I dont wanna burn up my I.P.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I called geno's garage(where I bought my big line kit) but they were no help, they had no idea about the airtex pump and it's fittings.

One side of the airtex screws in/out,, it's brass screwing into plastic so I'd rather not mess with it if I dont have to. the other side is not removable from the pump, and it's some kind of quick connect thing which is suppose to work with a stock setup, but I've put the big line kit on my truck so it's different than stock.

Just to let anyone else know that needs to, I found what I needed at VulcanPerformance

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...t?sfs=a733dadf

If you buy a new "big line relocation kit" for your lift pump through them, they have a fitting that is optional to make it work with an airtex pump, or, if your like me, you can just buy the fitting