HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Westach Electronic Fuel Press. Guage help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westach Electronic Fuel Press. Guage help.

I am trying to put in a Westach fuel pressure guage. I took everything apart and realized the instructions are missing. I have three wires coming out of the guage(besides the lights). Green, black and red. I also have two spots on the sender to hookup. Am assuming the green goes to the sender, but dont know which side, assuming black goes to ground and red goes to ignition on. If this is correct what other wire hooks to the sender? Another ground? does it matter which side is which? Also I have the grease gun fuel hose to connect with, do I just hook it up to the test port (the one with the black cap on it) at the VP44 and then to the sender? Is there a specific pipe thread compound to use? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to have to do this twice.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:12 AM

Call the support line @ geno's garage. They sell those gauges, and they know allot about them.

The grease gun hose hooks to the drilled & tapped banjo bolt, and to the sender. A grease gun hose does not have a fitting inside it to actuate the valve in the test port.

I believe that the black and red wire goes to the sender, and the green wire is hot. But dont take my word for it, call geno's.

later.
Phillip
Old 06-30-2005, 04:27 PM

According to the instructions that came with my 0-30 psi guage the Black goes to one post on the sender. The red goes to a switched 12v power source (i used a fuse tap) the Green goes to the other post on the sender (the green is the ground) Hope this helps