HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

TST PM2 not functioning

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST PM2 not functioning

realized yesterday that the green fuel light is not coming on when i apply fuel as it normally does. engine runs fine, only has stock power though. no service engine lights. the "on" and "boost" lights are still lit. I have read troubleshooting on TST's website and have tried what they recomend... "check the fuse" and "check all wiring harness connections". all connections seem good, including the pierced fuel pump wire. I am stumped. I have emailed TST, but it will be next week till i get a reply. any thoughts, advice or answers would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance,
peanut
Old 04-10-2004, 09:53 PM

peanut,,i had intermittent problems with my max at first.it would do as you describe whenever it was cold in the mornings and the grid heaters ran a good bit.whenever it would do like yours,disconnecting power wouldnt help it,i had to disconnect the multiple pin harness for a minute and it would reset.after talking with mark at tst,,my problem was my ground.i had it grounded at the intake horn,,then directly to the battery.after grounding it directly to the black wire with tan tracer in the harness as mark told me to,,it has never given any more problems.i hope this helps you out,,,bama
Old 04-11-2004, 10:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bama, that's curious. I used my wire in the harness but always wondered about using a different ground so I wouldn't have to mess with the harness wiring. I guess I'm glad I didn't now, but I wonder what the difference is.

Chris
Old 04-14-2004, 11:07 PM

not exactly sure on it stamey,,i figured the harness ground must be a filtered ground.using the intake horn and even the battery ground must have been letting something else try to find a ground back through the box.i know when my problems started was when it dropped back off cold here and the grid heaters were having to run a while.i figured the heaters were trying to ground back through the box.since i grounded it as directed,,it hasnt messed up a single time though.