HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Truck Started, stalled and won't restart???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Results.....

After about 9 hours of testing the tech figured the IP was dead, they pressured the system for a fuel pressure test, all numbers returned OK. They did note a pop when doing the pressure test but nothing showed up in the bucket. After re-assembly the truck started and ran for 2 hours no problem. The diagnosis is "an obstruction in the return fuel line" I'm guessing ice? But the truck was indoors for over a day, shouldn't this have cleared on it's own?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 PM
TSB

I would have thought it would have cleared in that amount of time. Sounds strange to me, but I guess you can't argue with success. Did it run fine during all the plowing you've been doing? I know I had to go back and plow some again due to the strong winds.
Glad to hear they got it going for you!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM

hello my truck did the exact same thing it started ran fine then stalled once it warmed up if you. My problem was the injector pump died yours might be same thing hope not cuz there expensive. also mine wouldnt give any codes for it but it was something to do with the electronics in the injector pump, good luck
Old 02-18-2007, 09:58 AM

Truck plowed fine. I did have a couple of days of plowing. While I was plowing the second day, I was in 4-lo and I heard an alarm in the truck. My ABS & Brake lights lit up. I stopped the truck turned if off restarted. Lights were still there. I continued plowing and they turned off. I have also noticed since I bought the truck that the check gauges light flickers on and off occasionally. It happens so quick that if I'm not staring at my gauges I barely catch it. Any ideas? The dealer did think it was my lp, but since it runs we're going with it. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:24 AM
TSB

Did the dealer let you know what they had for lift pump pressure??? If the lift pump is going you don't want to lose your injector pump as a result. I would get a guage on there ASAP.
If you have never seen the ABS and brake lights before or since, it may have just been a bunch of snow got up in the sensor and ring area blocking the signal.
Don't know about your guages... Maybe a loose connection?

How do you like plowing with such a long truck? I don't know if I would be able to fit in some of the areas I need too. My '05 (no plow) is the same length as your truck...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:07 AM

Glad to hear that your truck is ok without major money spent on it. The check gauge light does the same as mine just a split second. I think it has to do with a worn ignition switch and has nothing to do with gauges. How many hours are on your truck?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Longbed,

I have no idea. Where would I look to find out the hours?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:29 PM

TSB,

The dealership kept all the reports. I tried getting them but "they need them for future problems."

Plowing with this length truck is tricky. It is fine for long streets, curves are tough as well as any driveway. I may need to skip driveways next year, just too big. I did add the sure-trax to the bed and that helped with the rear ballast.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:23 PM
TSB

The dealership wasn't willing to give you copies of their diagnostic results, which you paid them for!? I think I'd be looking around to have someone else working on it. That information is very important. Sorry, rant off now.

I thought it would be real hard to do a lot of driveways. A couple of mine are hard enough with my regular cab.

I hope you don't have any more trouble with it.

To look at total hours turn the key to run position with engine off. With odometer showing total miles push and hold the trip meter / reset button until it changes to hours. Takes a few seconds holding the button depressed.