HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

truck died but started back.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i wonder what all they have found out. i hope they went ahead an ordered another pump so that if it is it that i can get it goin tomorrow. hopefully its not anything else i dont need to be having to pay more out of pocket.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by daniel
so i wonder what all they have found out. i hope they went ahead an ordered another pump so that if it is it that i can get it goin tomorrow. hopefully its not anything else i dont need to be having to pay more out of pocket.
They are testing on it as we are speaking.....im working with them to get you running....something is giving us fits.......2nd new unit did the exact same thing. This is a weird deal here......ill keep you posted.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:02 PM

yea i was standing there when they were testing it. they told me there goin to drop the tank monday seems likes it getting air in the system somewheres like i thought from the begining. but what i just dont understand is if it is on the top of the tank why i didnt have air problems before.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 AM

yea i was standing there when they were testing it. they told me there goin to drop the tank monday seems likes it getting air in the system somewheres like i thought from the begining. but what i just dont understand is if it is on the top of the tank why i didnt have air problems before.
Cracked pickup, Clogged suction screen......its rare but we have seen this in some trucks. The FASS moves more volume than your stock pump just sitting at idle. The FASS is constantly moving diesel from the tank and back into the tank. SO any issues with your pickup will be magnified with the FASS than the stock pump that is static flow.

They got 2 units from us. And both were doing the EXACT same thing. I can maybe believe that one unit had an issue, but 2 in a row, with the exact same thing? I will bet we might find the answer in the tank.....
Old 10-09-2006, 10:04 AM

ok well im just waiting to hear from them now. i called them a bit ago they said they were dropping the tank now and should be calling me in 20 or 30 mins. im hoping they can get this done today. cause ive been out of my truck for a almost a week. i miss it, ive been driving moms half ton v8 and boy it doesnt pull very good or get up and go like my truck.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:10 AM

ok well im just waiting to hear from them now. i called them a bit ago they said they were dropping the tank now and should be calling me in 20 or 30 mins. im hoping they can get this done today. cause ive been out of my truck for a almost a week. i miss it, ive been driving moms half ton v8 and boy it doesnt pull very good or get up and go like my truck.

I am doing all i can on my end to get you back in your truck....we will get there.....
Old 10-09-2006, 03:15 PM

well i called them and talked to them and they say that they couldnt find anything wrong with my tank. so now i guess theyve been calling you to try and figure this out any ideas. this is so frustrating.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 PM

well i called them and talked to them and they say that they couldnt find anything wrong with my tank. so now i guess theyve been calling you to try and figure this out any ideas. this is so frustrating.
Man...i have told them to check every thing i can think of. SHort of me being there, my hands are tied......what you got going on just dont make sence at all........i have been on and off the phone with him several times today.....like i said....we will get it...something weird is not right......very frustrating from my end as well.......
Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM

yea he said he was goin to put new clamps on at the tank since the quick disconnect was taken out. i was just wondering if maybe the hose from the tank to the pump might possibly have a hole in it where it could suck air in. i know that the problem only happens when i really get on it over 2000 rpm if that helps any i just knew it wasnt the tank on friday when they said they were goin to drop it. i dont know how i knew but i got to thinking bout it on the way home and i was just like theres no way. i mean besides changing the hoses what else could it be. weve already changed the pump, the filters, droped the tank. so i was thinking maybe the hoses or it need clamps at all the fittings. you think this could be possible or maybe changing the wiring harness.