HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

strange electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strange electrical problem

I recently had work done on the motor, when I drove it home every time I use the brakes the BRAKE and ABS lights come on and the temp control syatem shifts from chest high output to defroster. It soon goes back to normal but it happens every time I hit the brakes. I checked for any loose connectors and didn't find any. Anybody have any suggestions? The dealer estimates over $300 to find the problem plus parts and labor to fix it.

I also have an old problem with the radio wireing. The lights for the buttons don't light, it is in the wireing from the light switch to the radio, (I think it is the orange wire doesn't have any voltage.) Same dealer told me it was the radio not the wireing but when I hook it up on the bench the lights are on.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you fill out your signature it will help everyone to know exactly what you are dealing with, but it sounds like a vacuum leak to me. You should check the vacuum lines under your hood, probably one is loose or broken. On mine they run right by the master cylinder and I am always knocking them loose when I change the fuel filter, etc.